• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Great! Saw lots of talk but missed the pics; that's a pretty last. Thanks again, MTO decision made!

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just curious are they for minor things? Or major ones?

What some of the issues you have had over time?

Yep, lots of little sole things. Sole splitting, heel problems, extremely fast wearing of a sole. I own 4 Meermin pairs, 2 classic and 2 LM, and they've all had some problems.

leetpuma

Reaction score
Quick update on the balmoral boot shell MTO in dark brown. The boots have been closed and are waiting to be lasted and welted, so probably still a couple of weeks away. Pepe is sending some pictures later, so will post these here when I get them.

What does closed mean?

Last edited:

NickInTO

Reaction score
After waiting a month and paying $185 in import fees my 2 pairs of Meermins arrived! But they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK9, the box says UK9, but the shoes inside were UK10.5. Now I have to go through the nightmare of an international return.

Ever feel like a born loser?

wklq76a

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After waiting a month and paying $185 in import fees my 2 pairs of Meermins arrived! But they sent the wrong size. I ordered UK9, the box says UK9, but the shoes inside were UK10.5. Now I have to go through the nightmare of an international return.

Ever feel like a born loser?
Sorry to hear about that - I can only imagine how frustrating that is, especially with how long it can take to correspond with Pepe. It will be a sweet, sweet, day when it finally arrives. Hopefully it's not too complicated to avoid duplicate import fees

NickInTO

Reaction score
Sorry to hear about that - I can only imagine how frustrating that is, especially with how long it can take to correspond with Pepe. It will be a sweet, sweet, day when it finally arrives. Hopefully it's not too complicated to avoid duplicate import fees

At this point I think I'm just going to return it all and be done with it. Unless someone in Toronto wants to buy a pair of the Classic line black oxford captoes in UK10.5.

agedashidofu

Reaction score
Man, that is completely unacceptable. I now wonder of they will also screw up our MTOs

NickInTO

Reaction score
Man, that is completely unacceptable. I now wonder of they will also screw up our MTOs

It's not a great first impression on their part, to be honest. I guess I'll wait see what they do to make it right, and how quickly, before I make a final judgement.

leetpuma

Reaction score

It does suck but its not the end of the world.

Since meermin is at fault I am sure they will pay for all problems. And I have a hunch that the customs fees can be refunded as the purchace is null and void.

It is time waisted but it likely will turnout okay.

But if it does happen and if meermin is at fault they will pay.
Quote:

Last edited:

jpken

Reaction score
Had a very similar thing happen to me about 7 months back. Ordered the dark brown suede chukkas in a UK7, I received a box which said UK7 but the boots were UK8.5. I sent off an email and got a fairly rapid response apologizing and detailing what I needed to do by way of returning them. The correct size was sent out as soon as the return was received and there was no quibble in refunding the hefty fee it'd cost me to ship them back (about three times what they charge to post out); fairly certain they didn't even ask me to scan a copy of the postage receipt.

I was obviously very disappointed when I first received the boots and as someone quite young and new to the world of decent shoes it certainly made me sceptical about ordering from abroad again. However, the manner in which they handled the returns process combined with the quality of the product I eventually received has led me to straight back to Meermin.

About 5 weeks ago I placed a double order for the plum museums and black toe caps from the linea maestro. 3 weeks after making the order, impatience got the better of me and I requested an update. I got a quick reply from Sandro detailing their late receipt of the plum museum and how that had been holding up orders, he offered to send out the black toe caps immediately and then the plums as and when they were ready (which he predicted to be about now) at no extra cost. I gladly accepted and received the first pair along with 2 belts - whose size I had changed post initial order - last week; all the sizes were fine and the shoes seem fantastic thus far.

There are points of frustration and areas in which they could make simple effective improvements, but their quality for the price seems fantastic value and having only ever found them fantastic to deal with in terms of customer service I suspect it won't be too long before I place another order.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Good post JP, completely agree.

How have you found the belts? Are they true to size of what you expected?

jpken

Reaction score
Yeah they run true to size. Ordered a brown suede one along with the chukkas last year which I tend to wear a couple of times a week, it still looks as good as new - as do the boots themselves - so quality wise I've certainly got no complaints.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads