1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. atkay

atkay Member

My Meermin Cognac shell cordovan monks arrived today! Very nice so far, some imperfections, but nothing terrible. My main take away are the punch holes for the straps are a little inconsistent between shoes. The soles are also super stiff! Nice shoes otherwise :)

2. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

I'm going to go with the Meermin on this one. I'm not a huge fan of the norvegese welt, but it's a great looking boot. Perfect for casual or even dressier casual wear. I love Carmina's jumper but not a huge fan of theM in grain. Have you considered any other leather options in the Carmina, like brown calf?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

I like the Carmina better, but if you have to deal with any snow, the Carmina sole will give you fits. The best option is the Ridgeway, followed closely by the Commando.

DL-

4. mosy

mosy Senior member

Thanks. I would consider the Carmina in a standard brown calf, but I only see it available in brown grain (or black calf). Have you seen it somewhere in standard brown calf?

5. bebop d

bebop d Senior member

6. mosy

mosy Senior member

If these are available wouldn't they be shown on the site?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  7. marvaments

marvaments Senior member

8. Kimistry

Kimistry Senior member

Yup, just went about a month ago. There are some things that are not on their website, but I honestly couldn't tell if there were a lot more. For example, one of the shoes I purchased (see my post) was not available on their website anymore, but had been available at some point before. So my guess is that the store just had the remaining stock.

9. bebop d

bebop d Senior member

I'm told that they don't list everything on the site. Stock for Japan is different and stock for the other retail outlets is different too. So the site is not an indication of inventory.

As it states in that article the design was put into their general catalog. Whether it has remained there I don't know.

10. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I've emailed them a couple times about that model and the response has always been a 'maybe, we don't know" type of thing.

FWIW, they've never offered it on their site in the makeup shown on PTO.

11. bebop d

bebop d Senior member

^^^ well Ian would know, I defer to your experience.

12. bebop d

bebop d Senior member

Why they don't have a "notify me if this becomes available" interest check button on their regular (out of stock?) items the way they do on their GMTO items is not clear to me.

On the GMTO side it works very well. They just emailed me this week about the DARK BROWN NATURCALF which I would have bought if I hadn't already covered that hole with another pair in the meantime.

13. PhilipArnold24

PhilipArnold24 Member

Which of Meermin's lasts is most comfortable and elegant at the same time?

1. Ama
    2. Ben
    3. Brou
    4. Elton
    5. Hiro
    6. Mos
    7. New Rey
    8. Olfe
    9. Park
    10. Ron
    11. Rui
    12. Terry
    13. Vil

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  14. robbieshaw1992

robbieshaw1992 Member

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased the 102341 - DARK BROWN MUSEUM CALF on the Park last in a 9.5 UK. They fit rather well around the forefoot, feeling rather snug, but not too much so. However, the hindfoot is a different story, with about 0.5 cm of heel slip, so much so I can slip the heel out if I try.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how significant sizing down to a 9UK would be? I'm scared it might be too small for my forefoot. Any advise would be great. I'm thinking of just using some kind of heel grip in the shoe instead.

Additionally, is the $175 USD price listed for international buyers post VAT deduction?

Thanks in advance for any help.

15. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

16. doodledoc

doodledoc Senior member

I have. I live in Los Angeles, CA and I ordered from Meermin, a pair of classico shoes. It was $175 + $30 shipping. It arrived in a week via shipping provider DHL. 3 weeks later, I received a customs fee from DHL in the mail for $20.

17. Gutiinthebooty

Gutiinthebooty Well-Known Member

Thanks. I thought that would happen. It sucks to have to pay those fees.

18. rogejo321

rogejo321 Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cherry shell GMTOs arrived yesterday. Pretty happy with them on the maiden voyage...

19. JLnoir

JLnoir Senior member

Hey everyone there's a great GMTO already in progress on the Meermin websitewww.Meermin.es. A beautiful dark brown grain wingtip brogue boot with double rubber sole: [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IDK how many ppl are on it all ready but they only need a few more, it's over in five days I'm already on it.

1 person likes this.
  20. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

No need to spam this around the forum, these GMTO's usually go ahead no matter what the numbers. A post in the main Meermin thread is enough.