1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Gavinband

Gavinband Senior member

The classic line takes a long time to break in. My three hand welted pairs became supple very quickly. True, they take longer to break in compared to my vass, eg and Lobb but the hand welted range are decent.

2. razl

razl Senior member

Thanks for all the input everyone - unfortunately, while I was fence the MTO got funded and I missed out on this go 'round. But I got enough good input that I'll probably take a stab at it next time.

3. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Email Sandro. I was able to get one of my friend's in on an MTO that had been funded the day before.

4. ShawnBC

ShawnBC Senior member

Idem for me!

5. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

Hi all,

I'm looking for a good shoe to wear to a couple weddings this summer, as I don't have a "light" oxford to fit that gap. Since it will get relatively minimal wear, this option looked promising:

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=1967#

Unfortunately, it's on the new rey last, which I don't think will work for my foot (high arch and wide toebox with narrow heel, which is basically as far from this last as is feasibly possible).

I also looked at this shoe: https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4609

which seems a great wedding option, given its color, although I'd prefer a medallion captoe.

Has anyone seen this color calf in real life, or can comment on this particular makeup? It looks promising, all things considered.

6. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Senior member

You could always go for the suede, so that it can do double duty as a more casual shoe.

7. novaeagle

novaeagle Senior member

I'm not so sure that'd work well with a worsted wool suit, though, is my only hesitation.

8. jg0517

jg0517 Member

Looking for calf-skin shoes for my wedding. I'm wearing a black tuxedo, but I'm not into the patent leather. Was looking at the following shoe, but I where a similar shoe to work pretty much everyday so something different would be nice.

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=2033

Any recommendations from meermin besides the above?

9. bm93

bm93 Senior member

Meermin had black calf wholecuts before, it's a shame they don't offer it anymore. Carmina offers black calf wholecuts that look real sweet.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  10. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

I think Skolyx offers a black wholecut. Price is between Meermin and Carmina.

11. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

And it's on a beautiful last, at least in pictures since I've never seen it in person.

12. Sam H

Sam H Senior member

I literally just bought your second link https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4609 for wedding this summer and any other time I need a light summery Oxford.

I plan to wear it with seersucker suit though, not wool. Either way, I really like the look of them.

The color is antique chestnut where the antique prefix refers to the burnishing I assume. This effect isn't distracting or over-pronounced in person, it's played up more on the website photos. Maybe later I can take a few pictures of them.

I wore them with jeans and a silk/linen sports coat the other day and they actually worked really well. I was a bit concerned because I wear nice jeans, but not the super skinny taper jeans a lot of people wear and I wasn't sure if oxfords with jeans was only going to work as a statement piece with tapers, but it worked well with dark wash regular/loose jeans, a cotton dress shirt and a jacket (also, I bought the matching belt).

13. OfficeLinebacke

OfficeLinebacke Well-Known Member

Just received my Longwing shells. (This one: https://www.meermin.es/grupoMTO.php?idGrupo=125 )

I got a UK 9 which feels a little big, but I prefer a little space rather than feeling tight. Perfect craftsmanship, no flaws. Smells amazing!

I'm surprised they have a bit of a patina/fade to them which I didn't expect, but I'm fine with.

Showed them off to two shoe guys in the office (brought them in to just wear on the carpet to break in) and got lots of compliments.

I may have a couple of Meermin converts in the making.

14. Brenner

Brenner Senior member

I think the Linea Maestro is great quality, on par with more expensive an famous brands. And the classic collection is a good value.

15. razl

razl Senior member

Thanks for the tip! I was travelling when you wrote this so I'm now a couple of days late, but am giving it a shot anyway - we'll see!

16. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

Take pics, then share those pics. Dooo iiittt.

17. jcmeyer

jcmeyer Senior member

After much debate, I just put in an order for these guys yesterday. No invoice yet. Wasn't sure I wanted the rubber sole, but figured it would be a good pair to have on if it ever rains in California again. This sunlight shot makes it looks like there may be some good depth and color too.

https://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4639
    [​IMG]

And PSA for anyone with wide feet looking for basics, the next round of GMTO's just went up and it's all on a newly available Hiro G last.
    https://www.meermin.es/listaGruposMTO.php

18. liurobs

liurobs Member

Anyone have advice on how to fit the new Hiro G width? I'm normally an 8EE/EEE in Allen Edmonds.

19. Numbernine

Numbernine Senior member

I know I should read the thread but 900.pages woah boy too lazy . Simple question . I live in California. I want to buy some Meermin chukkas where should I go
    Thanks Mike

20. jamie411

jamie411 Senior member

Your only option is to order them online from meermin.es or buy them on ebay or in the SF marketplace, etc. They have shops in Spain (and Japan) but none in the US.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2015
    1 person likes this.