1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

A new pair of laces? Completely reasonable.

2. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

@loxo I sent shoes back to Carmina and they sat in Customs in Spain for almost a month. Just keep an eye on the tracking to make sure they're received by someone eventually.

@NewYawker Very nice! :slayer:

1 person likes this.
  3. MickeyPunch

I can confirm that customs processing in Spain is a nightmare (I live in Spain).

Basically the parcel arrives at customs. Then they send a letter to the recipient, stating that there's a parcel. Then the recipient must return the letter with an invoice and proof of purchase of the goods. After that, an invoice is sent to the recipient with the amount that must be payed in terms of taxes, customs handling, etc. Then the user pays and finally at some point the parcel is sent.

I went through this nightmare once with some boots I ordered from Japan. I took over a month to get the parcel at my door because of this. Not only that, I had to pay over 50% of the cost of purchase.

But if the parcel was marked as returned items in the customs form it should go through customs much faster.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  4. palmdodo

palmdodo Member

@NewYawker @NewYawker Those boots are fantastic!! Congrats!! I am also considering to buy a pair of their Balmoral boots, however, not sure if i should go with double leather sole -- surely i won't wear them in deep snow during winter time, but dealing with rainy day seems unavoidable. Some members in this forum reported their rubber sole(Dainite alike) worn out quickly or broken. and handling on slippery surface is not superior to leather sole. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
  5. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Thanks gents! Palm - it depends on what type of climate you live in. I personally do not wear leather soled shoes in the rain/snow, I usually try and go with dainite or commando in the rain. I also have overshoes that I use with leather soled shoes in the rain, however, some people don't like to use them. YMMV. I have seen the dainite meermin uses crumble and fall apart especially in the toe area. I am not sure if they are using a different supplier. They will of course replace the shoes if the dainite fails prematurely. Leather soled shoes have been worn in the rain for hundreds of years, it depends how much you like to baby your shoes. I do think leather soles grip well in the rain, dainite is crazy slippery in snow and ice, also in rain sometimes. Good luck and if you have more questions im happy to help.

6. palmdodo

palmdodo Member

Thank you very much! NewYawker. That definitely helps!!

7. MickeyPunch

[​IMG]

Does anyone have these? I'd like to know how accurante the colour is. Meermin has them as dark brown but they look kind of burgundy to me?

8. mattg1027

mattg1027 Active Member

Wait, when did they add Dark Brown Calf Chelseas and Chukkas to their classic line? Seems like those would be popular additions! I just received the LM Chelseas on Olfe last week, yet to get a chance to try them on, but I was trying to get those for months last fall! Think I prefer the dressier leather sole option too, but these still look quite nice for the classic price.

9. riton

riton Senior member

10. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

I think they literally went up about 4-5 days ago.

11. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

any updates on the the gmto cognac shell LWB that was closed on late November? It was supposed to be due by Jan.

12. LeatherBoot

LeatherBoot Senior member

I finally received my shell brogue boots and I didn't realize in the store how sloppy they are.

One has crooked quarters and one is NO JOKE 1CM wider than the other. They seem to fit fine and there is no annoying squeaking (like I have on my new pair of Trickers) but I don't know if I should return them or if this is par for the course for Meermin.

330 Euro isn't much to ask for a shell boot...granted the leather is from an Argentina tannery and they are made in China (I think).

Should I ask for another pair?

13. mimo

mimo Senior member

@DavidLane didn't you say you got shipping notification for your shearlings? Any update? I haven't heard anything...(and I paid up front in full)

14. lemmy127

lemmy127 Senior member

FWIW, I haven't been billed for the second half yet.

15. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Haven't been billed for mine either. Not sure if I want them anymore either.

16. MickeyPunch

Can you please post some pictures?

17. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior member

Sadly selling my pair of cherry shell cordovan balmorals from the first GMTO, if anyone is interested.

18. mimo

mimo Senior member

19. rexet

rexet Senior member

Hello guys,

Does someone has a 34 or 36 Meermin belt?
    I would be interested in buying some but the sizing is not consistent compared to my current belts from C&J, Weston, etc.

This measure would be great:

[​IMG]

Thank you very much. :slayer:

20. marvaments

marvaments Senior member

Just received a shipping notification for them last night. Should be here by next week...