1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

You pay in full when you order.

2. Jmm722

Jmm722 Senior member

I guess the question is whether I'll like the cherry shell color then. It is tempting

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  3. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

The cherry cordovan looks like a great color. Almost has a museum finish. I have a pair coming this week and i will definitely post some pics but im sure these will sell out quickly. Worse case I'm sure you would be able to sell them and recoup your money if the color is not to your liking. Good luck.

4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yes looking forward to seeing some proper pics of the cherry from the people who ordered the first run.

5. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

I'd love to see a cherry wingtip boot in gy—2.

6. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Cherry boots look tempting but with a delivery date so close to the summer months, the boots won't get much use.

7. TheBlackBruceWayne

TheBlackBruceWayne Senior member

Have a quick question.I'm sort of a loose fit (just a smidge, maybe 1/8")in my new Rey double monks.They are 8 1/2 uk. Can I drop down another size on the ron last? Looking to pull trigger on string loafers

8. lachyzee

lachyzee Senior member

Can anyone help me with an Allen Edmonds to Meermin size/last conversion?

I run a 10.5B or C in the AE 5-65 last (PA, strand etc.).

Imagine I will need something in Meermin's New Rey or Olfe lasts, but I'm worried that even then they won't be narrow enough...

Cheers

9. DCFO

DCFO Active Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Happy to receive 3 pairs of new shoes in a day. More happy to receive the Meermin pair with no visual defects upon initial check. This pair can serve as my workhorse!!!

Just to share. Spent 3 weeks from ordering to receipt.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2015
  10. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Hey everybody,

Have a Meermin noob question. Do you guys go a half size or full size down from your US size? That is, if you're a 9US, do you order 8UK in Merrmin? Or 8.5?

For point of reference, I wear 8UK in Carmina simpson and 7.5 UK in C&J.

Thanks!

11. Churchill W

Churchill W Senior member

I think just like any other brands it depends on the last. I think generally I'm at least 1.5 down from my U.S. Brannock size. I am typically US 9D in AEs, 8UK in C&J 224 and 325, US 8.5D in Marlow Pennies and Wingtips.

Here is my experience when they visited NY.

Ama - UK7.5E heel slip
    Hiro - UK 7.5E, fits well
    Roi - 7.5E loose all over
    New Rey - 7.5E fits good, but too pointy

12. Pb924

Pb924 Senior member

I just bought my first pair of meermin dark brown calf oxfords. Im kind of new to dress shoes. Should I immediately get some shoe trees for them? and what about waxes and creams for a dark brown calf?

13. cobashk

cobashk Well-Known Member

Would anyone with a pair of Hiro lasted shoes in size 7.5 or 8 UK be willing to provide outsole and insole measurements? I want to make sure that I am choosing the right size on a purchase- according to Meermin's provided measurements, a pair of shoes on the Hiro last in 8 UK would be 11.7 inch outsole and 11 inch insole, which is approximately equal length to my Carminas on Detroit last in size 7 UK. It doesn't make sense that 7 UK Carmina should equal 8 UK Meermin in length, so I was hoping someone could help shed light on the situation.

14. TheBlackBruceWayne

TheBlackBruceWayne Senior member

Yes to shoe trees. Saphir for polish and cream. You can get dark brown or neutral

15. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Wore them today, aside from the sole slipping all over the carpet, no sound at all. Need to break in the sole again, but pretty satisfied.

Some photos...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sole is made in Italy FWIW and the half heel is vibram. Overall, very clean job. The shoes are 1.5 years old.

(The carpet is really old :hide:)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  16. jko

jko Senior member

I wouldn't really recommend judging a shoe size based on outsole measurements (or insole for that matter), as they very much depend on the last. What I would suggest you do is measure your foot length (stand on a piece of paper, thin/no socks, heel to wall, draw a line at your toes, measure) and compare it to the foot measurements Meermin gave you.

Hiro:
    L 294 mm shoe outsole 7.5UK
    W 104 mm shoe outsole 7.5UK
    L 276 mm last insole 7.5UK
    W 099 mm last insole 7.5UK
    Foot 25.8 cm 7.5UK

Shoe length increases about 4 mm per half size so you can go from there.

17. cobashk

cobashk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice! I measure almost 26 cm long in dress socks at the end of the day. Do you think that an 8 UK in Hiro is going to be too long? I could fit into 7.5 but I think the width would be problematic, as my foot width is about 96mm and I like the shoe to have a small amount of wiggle room, but 7.5 shows 99mm insole width.

18. jko

jko Senior member

I'm almost exactly the same size as you and wear a 7.5 UK in Hiro.

19. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Got a detail shotr from the stitching?

20. 00Schneider

00Schneider Senior member

About Hiro: this is a strange last. My longest foot is 27,7cm. I have boots in size 7,5 (which could be a bit longer) and one pair in 8,5. I ordered Hiro boots in 7,5 / 8,5 and 9. All of them were too short.
    So now I exchanged them to size 9,5 which seems ridiculous to me. But I guess the numbers don't matter, only the proper fit.
    So I strongly suggest sizing up with Hiro.