1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. SidewinderX

SidewinderX Senior member

Can someone talk me out of getting the copper suede buckle boots to match my copper suede adelaides (gmto)? Those adelaides are my favorite pair of shoes I've got right now and the suede is awesome...

2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Did they sign a contract to only do wholecuts on the gold museum or something...seriously an oxford already I know you can do it cos you already do similar things in brown and plum museum.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  3. single origin

single origin Senior member

How long does it usually take to hear from them regarding shipping? I placed an order a week ago and haven't received anything after confirmation email.

4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

sounds like what you purchased isn't in stock in which case can be up to 30 days.

5. single origin

single origin Senior member

Oh well that fine. I just hope there are no scuffs or damage.

6. nolanmjj

nolanmjj Well-Known Member

Sorry I never got back to you (I've missed out on the wingtip cherry cordovans myself...twice). I hope you found the answers you were looking for--wouldn't be surprised if they popped up again.

7. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Bump for park last help

8. lexxdeleon

lexxdeleon Senior member

Anyone here buy the last gold museum calf single monks in the last GMTO? Would love to see actual pics if so.

9. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

I am the same size in Hiro/Olfe and would be the same size in Park last. I made the decision on my GMTO's (austerity brogue and copper suede cap toe) to go up by .5 size and although they are still wearable, I would have been better off staying with the same size as my Hiro/Olfe lasted shoes.

10. golfinz

golfinz Senior member

Thanks! How is the instep/waist/vamp area in the parks? Is there a lot more volume when compared to the hiro last or is it similar?

11. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

Hey, so I haven't ordered a pair of meermin yet, but I'd really like to. I'm a little nervous with the real lack of width information.

I have a pair of AE graysons in 10.5e, which fit a little tight, but are totally doable. 10.5ee would be ideal, I've tried on 3e and there's just a smidge too much room, although that isn't a real problem. I don't have much experience regarding different lasts, but the graysons are a 97 last if that helps anyone.

Aaaanyway, onto the real subject, how much should I size up for meermin? should I just go with UK10, or UK10.5? Or even UK11 depending on the last? I don't particularly want to have too much room at the end, but I also don't want my toes being crushed together from the sides. If it helps, I'm looking at the Chukkas and balmorals on the Hiro, and the cap toe on the rui as my options.

I really don't want to have to send shoes back to Spain...

Thanks!

12. treeself

treeself Member

Hi Usonian, have you emailed the meermin team to help you out with your sizing woes? They reply really quickly, in fact almost at a scarily quick pace hahaha. What i do know is the Hiro fits true to size. I'm a 9.5UK in Church's and Loake's F width( a fairly standard width) and Meermin's 9.5 suede double monks on the Hiro fits me like a glove! Albeit a weee bit tight on the width( but i reckon it'll stretch a little bit to form a perfect fit in time to come). So yeah, thats my experience! If this helps, here are my feet measurements.

Length: 283mm
    Width: 108mm

I took my measurements with a mid range(not too thick,not too thin) thickness pair of socks. Hope this helps!

13. treeself

treeself Member

Oh and with regards to the shoes ive ordered.... they have arrived! Fairly quickly i must add! I placed my order on the 11th January and it arrived ( i live in Singapore by the way, and no, we're not in China) on the 17th January!

Whatever the rest have posted before are true. If you're ordering a fairly popular pair e.g Double monks, penny/tassel loafers, you should expect them to arrive very quickly!

Moving on the fit, it fits like a glove! Meermin reco-ed that i go with a 9.5 on the Hiro last and it is indeed true to size as they told me. Of course, this was further confirmed by the very helpful members in this thread! Thanks Shawl Lapel!

My only gripe was the toe box is wee bit tight on my last toe, but hey, they have not exactly been broken in yet. I'm presuming that over time with more wears, it should stretch out nicely and form a perfect fit!

For all you who are still wondering, just nail your sizing and get it! A lot of shoe for the money!

Gonna attach some pictures

![​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

14. treeself

treeself Member

Whoops, sorry, jist realised the other 2 pictures are missing!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Galix

Galix Senior member

The same is true on the Park last.

16. Usonian

Usonian Senior member

Hey treeself, I did start emailing meermin, and they told me to just go up half a size, but I was hoping to find someone who had particular experience with AE, or just someone with an EE width who had ordered from meermin before.

Also, where did you measure your feet from? did you kinda eyeball it from end to end in an orthogonal manner, or just like longest point to longest point?

Also also, those double monks look wonderful! I'll definitely be picking a pair up once I get my size figured out.
    Great, thanks!

Do both of you guys think the width will be okay going up a full size?

Or that they'll stretch out an appropriate amount?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
  17. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Anyone experience their shoes squeeking? I tried adding a spoon full of baby powder and shake it around the insole to no avail. Perhaps I need add more.

Only the right foot squeeks upon walking (vamp creases, stepping around the ball of my foot, heel lifted). And it squeeks on certain services like the carpet in my office. I don't notice or hear anything generally when this first began waking on pavement or at home for instance.

Local cobbler said it could be a loose shank, can't really say and he has no solutions. This is normal supposedly. Happens to everyone at some point (my first time).

I am considering adding a topy that may stiffen the walk, which might help.

Any other ideas?

Shoes are a little more than 1 year old before I started hearing the squeek. Wore weekly rotating between shoes. From the regular Meermin line, dark brown Oxford. Would love to hold onto them if at all possible without the nuisance.

18. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I have the same problem with my RL Lindicks; haven't found a solution yet.

19. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

If its a lose or broken shank the cobbler should be able to repair it, if its air bubbles it can be trickier. If you don't want to let the cobbler have a go at fixing it you could pull open the sole from the inside of the shoe in some instances talc or other products put down there and left to dry will resolve the friction.

Might be a long shot but could also contact meermin, they might not charge or might not charge too much beyond shipping there and back for them to fix it.,

20. inimitable

inimitable Senior member

I experienced this on a new pair of Meermin's. I contacted them and they replaced them after I had worn then a handful of times. I would assume it is a defect, but I don't know on what part - the welt perhaps rubbing against the sole?