1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jeroen Vriend

Jeroen Vriend Senior member

Nice, next one on my wanting list

2. Contango

Contango Senior member

Email Meermin, they're good with handing out size details.

3. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

Emailed Meermin 2 weeks ago about my GMTO status (101524) since there were no emails beside the intial order confirmation, and still haven't received a reply, which is ridiculous.

They state that "As per any regular order, you will receive email updates on the status of your order in a timely manner. If you need any further information kindly email us to info@meermin.es".

Did anyone receive these so-called email updates in a "timely manner"? Because I'm getting close to just filing a dispute via PayPal so that I can spend my money elsewhere.

4. theinsomniac

theinsomniac Well-Known Member

When I don't get a reply from them in 2-3 days, I just email them again until I get a reply.

5. ElliottN

ElliottN Active Member

i was on the 2nd run of the brown calf/suede balmoral boot and i didn't hear anything from the moment the order was placed (and paid for) till it was shipped, so don't expect and updates. the only update you will get is when the shoes have been shipped. i reckon you should probably wait till november is over before filing a dispute...

6. MrTopCat

MrTopCat Senior member

I'll try that, thanks!

This gives me some reassurance, and I guess it's fair to wait til December before disputing. Though I really did expect some regular updates about the GMTO succeeding, them starting production, etc.

7. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

[​IMG]

Loving the calf suede combo. Boots are great for this cold front in New York right now.

8. patliean1

patliean1 Senior member

There are seriously enough testimonies and experiences about Meermin's service in this thread alone to where people should already be full aware of what they're getting into before ordering.

9. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

We need more shots of this boot! :slayer:

10. SloopyNoob

SloopyNoob Senior member

This looks just like mine, except mine is dark brown grained calf & suede. Nice choice :)

11. mrbrianchu

mrbrianchu New Member

Hi team,

How does the Park last fit compared to the Olfe?

I'm thinking about the MTO Adelaide oxfords in the park last, but am concerned about the sizing...

I've got two pairs of Meemins:
    1. UK8.5 - wholecut Ama last - which fits extremely tight, I'd say it's uncomfortable (I avoid wearing them on long hot days, but they look goooood)
    2. UK9 - Captoe oxfords Olfe last - which fit perfectly, except they've stretched ever so slightly so the eyelets are touching on my left foot (see photo).

Question:
    1. How does the Park last fit compare to the Olfe? Is it more generous/same re: width and rise?
    2. If the Olfe is already running at the edge of being too large for my left foot, would the Park be even more generous (ie: too big)?

Side note and for the sake of comparison: I had a pair of UK8 Loake Strands (http://www.loake.co.uk/byrange/loake-1880/strand.html) - but they were way too generous and I sold them immediately.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

12. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Meermin has great products, but I'm a bit disappointed with its accessibility and marketing execution.

While Meermin has mentioned shell availibility ahead of AE's trunk show announcement, there is still no mention of the available styles/colors with a target date whereas AE is already pushing for a pre-Christmas delivery date. Perhaps the US segment is not as important to Meerin as I would think, but the lack of focus or speed in bringing great products to the market (especially during money-splurging holidays such as X-mas) has definitely caused Meermin to miss out on a great opportunity to showcase sub $400 great-quality Japanese shell shoes in exotic colors to the American audience during the holidays.

It would have been great to pick up two pairs of Meermin shells during the holiday for the price of one pair of AE, Alden or the likes.

13. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Will post some more pics next time i wear. Really love this boot. Great price also.

14. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

Thank you sir! I really like the calf/grain combo that carmina makes.

15. mikegeez315

mikegeez315 Member

Looks like they just posted two pair of shells today.

16. madridista

madridista Well-Known Member

^ Yes, both of them look fantastic. I already ordered Balmoral Boot!

17. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Nice, what's pricing in USD for the cognac LWB?

Less than $400 all in (including duties)?

...unreal.

from the site, the picure of cognac shell looks ravello to me.

Does anybody have a picture of that shell in natural lighting?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
  18. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

That cordovan balmoral boot looks amazing. Wonder how the quality will hold up to horween cordovan. Might have to break my no new shoes until next year prohibition.

19. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Just be aware it's not hand-welted nor is it constructed on the JR sole....but pricing more than offsets that.

those stacked heels look alden-esque though. haha. at least I hope so.

I wonder if it's too late to propose exposed eyelets.

20. NewYawker

NewYawker Senior member

I noticed the lack of jr soles as well - which i think everyone much prefers. I was under the impression that GY-1 construction method meant hand-welted? I know the description says good year welted but meermin uses the terms interchangeably " goodyear handwelted" - on their boxes and advertising.