• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MSchapiro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well after months of waiting my Meermins are finally on their way to me. However, I got hit with HUUUUGE customs duties. The equivalent of like $300 on a $400 order! Dam back woods 3rd world country I live in! Sadly that kills off any future Meermin plans

Just be happy they weren't pinched in the mail lol.

cezinho

Reaction score
My cordovan double monks

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well after months of waiting my Meermins are finally on their way to me. However, I got hit with HUUUUGE customs duties. The equivalent of like $300 on a $400 order! Dam back woods 3rd world country I live in! Sadly that kills off any future Meermin plans

I was going to ask if you live in Mexico, then I saw your location. I'm back at trying Meermin but I think I will send them to the US and the ask for someone to send them to me as a gift.

Geran Brown

Reaction score
Anyone interested in a Merlot/Oxblood Balmoral with the Hiro or Ben last?

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are you thinking about starting an MTO? I'm down for the hiro last.

Last edited:

Geran Brown

Reaction score

Are you thinking about starting an MTO? I'm down for the hiro last.
Yes, I was considering getting them made for myself but I figured I would ask others if they were interested. I am not looking at doing this in museum calf or anything. Hopefully just their Naturcalf leather.

The Hiro is what I'm leaning towards to keep all my shoes with the round toe shape.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I was considering getting them made for myself but I figured I would ask others if they were interested. I am not looking at doing this in museum calf or anything. Hopefully just their Naturcalf leather.

The Hiro is what I'm leaning towards to keep all my shoes with the round toe shape.
I'm okay with merlot. I think museum calf will be offered soon enough without the need of going through MTO.

cezinho

Reaction score
Not sure if I can post this here, of not please delete.

I am selling a pair if snuff suede derby boots in size 8.5UK used only once
185€ plus shipping

Thank you

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Roger. I wear 8.5 Olfe and 9 New Rey UK. And 42.5 Vass U last. I find the fit of U to be very similar to the Rey and slightly narrower in the toe box than the Olfe. I reckon as you wear the same size in all 3 Vass Italian lasts you'd be pretty good in your equivalent size in Olfe and half size up in Rey

Jokanevad

Reaction score
Count me in on the austerity brogue museum calf aswell! Thumbs up for the initiative!

GradSchooler

Reaction score
Seems like we've got a few going on the navy museum austerity. Now if only Meermin would email me back!

puckbw11

Reaction score
Count me as one of the people that went with Meermin's advice and got the wrong size. Not their fault at all, but I am not going to return these puppies. Long story short, I have a pair of Classic line Olfe Captoes in size 8.5uk (dark brown). PM me with your best offers peeps!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads