1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if that's the total price or just the deposit...at 220 Euros that's an amazing price, I think about 180ish without VAT.

2. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

The good news is I think the price offered is full payment, however I don't think the shoes are made to LM standards. Rather, they must be based on their Classic Line which seems to coincide with the pricing. I hope I'm wrong about the ladder part. The description shows "GY-1" rather than "GY-2 Handwelted".

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  3. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Total. If you look closely you will see it's classic and not LM. (i.e. GY1).

edit: Beat me to it.

4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Yes new site is quite the improvement, given that it still requires a certain number of people (judging from the progress bar) then hopefully they can offer more options in the future.

5. Osiris2012

Pictures of the products are also a lot clearer and more true to life based on my products from them so far.

6. pocketnight

pocketnight Member

So Meermin has come out with a new boot in Dark Brown Calf (and a new website):
    http://www.meermin.es/articulo.php?idArt=4341#

This would be my first and only fall/winter boot. Between the Snuff Suede Boot and the Dark Brown Calf Boot what works best in terms of versatility and durability? (Which one should I buy?) Would the dark calf leather appear too dressy compared to the lighter suede? I'd be mostly wearing jeans and chinos and more casual outfits year round.

Finally, how about dark brown oxfords being versatile enough for use in slightly more casual outfits like cotton chinos and a jacket?

I might end up with too many dark brown shoes at this rate...

7. patliean1

patliean1 Well-Known Member

While I don't think they will have a problem reaching their fulfillment goal for the bal boots, I wish they would provide a quantity goal amount rather than a status bar.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Honestly, they are two completely different boots. Suede = more casual than calf. Dark Brown Calf = more versatile. You would probably get more wear out of dark brown calf 9 times out of 10 in any different shoe type since it can be dressier as well as casual. Suede blucher boots is an odd combination and you don't see it that often. Suede is more commonly used in Chukka, oxfords, and loafers. You really shouldn't concern yourself with versatility as much as buying what you like though. I feel like a lot of people have goals like yours and then end up with 20 boots / shoes.

9. Osiris2012

you make that sound like its a bad thing. Think how long your shoes will last with a 20 pair rotation and basic shoe care :p

10. taylorswift

taylorswift Active Member

I am wondering if I should buy a pair of black wholecut oxford from Meermin.

is AMA last too wide?

11. sarteaga

sarteaga Well-Known Member

I'm on board with this lol.

Took a few shots of my rotation, below are my Meermin pairs:

Brown Doublemonks-Hiro Last (first pair from them and most worn of the 4):
    [​IMG]

Brown Tassel Loafers-Ron Last (ordered in the Madrid store and second most worn of the 4)
    [​IMG]

Brown Museum Calf GMTO-Olfe Last (Got these in Madrid; leftover pair from the SF GMTO)
    [​IMG]

Chocolate Suede Doublemonks-Hiro Last
    [​IMG]

12. theinsomniac

theinsomniac Well-Known Member

Liking the look of the new Dark Brown Crust Calf boots in the Classic Collection. Wonder what Last it is,as it doesn't say.

13. Osiris2012

Those brown musuems look good lucky bugger picking up the spare :) prefer the punched toe cap, might register my interest for the GMTO.

14. denbo

denbo Active Member

Does Meermin close for a summer break?

15. phphl

phphl Active Member

Agreed. I suspect people with wider feet actually need to size up for RON last...

16. p.henrik

p.henrik Well-Known Member

Nope, haven't heard any complaints. Would raise it with Pepe. I could probably live with it.

17. p.henrik

p.henrik Well-Known Member

Yes, IMO. I have the wholecut blue suede. But other like it.

18. Bertel

Bertel Well-Known Member

It does now: RUI. Too wide for me.

19. BolognaFingers

BolognaFingers Well-Known Member

Is there any place in the US to try on Meermin shoes?

If not, what shoe is comparable to their Rui last?

20. bamgrinus

bamgrinus Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, I had an email this morning from Pepe confirming that Meermin is no longer doing single order MTOs.

1 person likes this.