• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

REguy

Reaction score
Any word on the plum museums?

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Hi gang,

I've spoken to Pepe - the long story short - the Ileca bankruptcy has really screwed over the quoted time-frame. Securing the leather from Ileca, during the bankruptcy period was no small feat, and it did add many weeks onto the timeline. Anybody that has ever dealt with bankruptcy processes will attest to the difficulty in salvaging anything from the bankrupt client.

However, Pepe assures me a pre-xmas delivery to buyers for the Brown Museum Calf MkII MTO, and to be expecting shipping to start in the next week or so.

Meermin are very apologetic - but this time-frame blow out has largely been out of their control.

Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on these shoes, and I'm sure we'll all be enjoying them come xmas day.

On a more personal note, thanks for all your patience, and apologies if I've taken a while to respond at times - real life can be all-consuming sometimes.

Cheers,

Alex

SouthNarc

Reaction score
Thank you Alex! Meermin should comp you an MTO for being such a good de-facto spokesperson for them.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
X-post this here if anyone has suggestions, too. They have broken in nicely btw in terms of fit and I do not get much pinching anymore. Dark brown cap toes

Finished an 8 hour+ shift today, and right when the event was ending or it ended, I nicked the top of my dark brown cap toes :fu:

Got home and just brushed off, but it is deep enough to still stand out against the shine/dark brown dye upon closer inspection. It is a pair of Meermin cap toe

Curious can I delay caring for this (I will not have time till this coming Thursday), or will it settle in and not be a fixable problem? It is just a surface nick, off centered on my right pair.

How would the cobbler or I fix this anyway? Throw some reno on it and rub it out?

Appreciate any help. My suit, Drake's tie was fine and some sartoiral incident had to happen to my new pair of shoes lul

Last edited:

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about the plum MTO?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Any word on the plum museums?

Gentleman,
sorry for not updating you in a while. Pepe has informed me that due to some factors ( such as receiving the leather from a re-seller due to Ilcea's bankruptcy). the shoes will only be delivered in 10-15 days time. However, to compensate for this, you will be receiving a small token of gratitude for your patience.

Please also find below new pictures of the new chiseled last. Comments are welcomed.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't tell, but does it look like it will accommodate a low instep?

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gentleman,
 sorry for not updating you in a while. Pepe has informed me that due to some factors ( such as receiving the leather from a re-seller due to Ilcea's bankruptcy). the shoes will only be delivered in 10-15 days time. However, to compensate for this, you will be receiving a small token of gratitude for your patience.

Please also find below new pictures of the new chiseled last. Comments are welcomed.

Lovely in hatchgrain :):)

konda

Reaction score
As comments are welcome: how can it take so impossibly long for the chiseled last to be ready? Is a single person working on it part part time?

Last edited:

p.henrik

Reaction score
[/quote] Got another inbound on this MTO I started and Osiris took to another level. So we are now 5 members, 1 to go. Anyone willing to take it across the finish line?

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hi gang,

I've spoken to Pepe - the long story short - the Ileca bankruptcy has really screwed over the quoted time-frame. Securing the leather from Ileca, during the bankruptcy period was no small feat, and it did add many weeks onto the timeline. Anybody that has ever dealt with bankruptcy processes will attest to the difficulty in salvaging anything from the bankrupt client. 

However, Pepe assures me a pre-xmas delivery to buyers for the Brown Museum Calf MkII MTO, and to be expecting shipping to start in the next week or so. 

Meermin are very apologetic - but this time-frame blow out has largely been out of their control.

Personally, I can't wait to get my hands on these shoes, and I'm sure we'll all be enjoying them come xmas day. 

On a more personal note, thanks for all your patience, and apologies if I've taken a while to respond at times - real life can be all-consuming sometimes.

Cheers,

Alex

Understood and thanks Alex for the update!

griffon_id

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Gentleman,

Thanks Terror for the update. Is that the last for the hatchgrain MTO (or will that be any hatchgrain MTO)?

p.henrik

Reaction score

Gentleman, sorry for not updating you in a while. Pepe has informed me that due to some factors ( such as receiving the leather from a re-seller due to Ilcea's bankruptcy). the shoes will only be delivered in 10-15 days time. However, to compensate for this, you will be receiving a small token of gratitude for your patience. Please also find below new pictures of the new chiseled last. Comments are welcomed.
Looks great, especially the vertical sides. I assume we will see a lasted shoe as well?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads