1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

Wow I didn't know they would nickel and dime their clients this way but I guess if it worked for struggling airlines it can be good for meermin

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I'm in this camp as well. Just too many excellent alternatives and not enough $$$$ to go around

Mimo, could you describe your experiences? Overall been good? Shoes holding up well?

3. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

holy shit what a sexy pic 2014 NAMOR couldnt have done any better :slayer: where are you guys on this makeup?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  4. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

you in?

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

I might. Not a fan of shearling though I want to wear these in fuxkingmotha 110+ temps

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

i agree

7. MTLinStyle

MTLinStyle Senior member

Thank you. I have a couple other stupid questions. Does anyone have experience with Ridgeway in the snow/slush weather. My current winter boots (Tod's) have aggressive commando style rubber sole (which is absolutely needed in Canadian winters) however the downside is that it causes the wet slush to splash on the back of my pants upto the knee level. I don't believe it is due to my walking but rather due to the pattern on the bottome of the sole. I just want to make sure that I would not have the same issue with Ridgeway. Second question, I love the idea of having shirling lined boots as i usually walk in the winter at least 40 min outside and it could be -20C , however do I need to size up in the boot vs the same last in the shoe? or is the extra space for shirling already accounted for during the manufacturing process? Thanks a lot for the answers
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mimo [​IMG]

The "Ridgeway" is a more heavily patterned Dainite: [​IMG]

David's plan was to offer both the scotchgrain and the calf, with the option of having either for the whole boot, or a mix of both - one for the shaft, one for the vamp as in the EG picture, but either way around as you like it.
    div>

8. razl

razl Senior member

a fellow traveller :slayer:

9. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

10. Satmoche

Satmoche Senior member

Hi,
    I am looking to purchase two pairs of shoes:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The one on top is the Burgundy Naturcalf; the one above is the Dark Brown Museum Calf, both GY-2 handwelted (from the Linea Maestro).
    I was wondering if any of you had bought them and was happy with them regarding quality, design etc ? I would also like to ask for your opinion regarding the matching belts, shoes trees and shoe care that they sell. Should I order those recommended on their website or, should I look elsewhere ?
    Thank you.

11. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I am not really sure what your question is.
    Most everthing meermin makes is good quality.

What you should really look at is the last of the shoe and if you can fit it. Are you buying blind online
    ? Then you need to do a ton of reasearch

Buy shoe tress elsewhere. Meermin's belts are good. Shoe care stuff is saphir wich is top of the line.

12. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yep I agree with what leet said, shoes,c heck, belts check, accessories like saphir check, shoe trees pick some up elsewhere.

In regards to the 2 specific shoes you asked about. they are both quite new shoes , in the case of the brown museum they were only added last week, no one will have them yet, even the burgundy would be pushing it as it was only added in the last month.

imo the burgundy looks killer, would snap it up if it was on like 90% of their other lasts.

13. blackadder

blackadder Well-Known Member

I bought a pair of Meermin chukkas without shoe trees - what would be a good place to get after market trees? Does the fit matter, or just size?

14. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Snug is all that matters you are just tring to have the leather dry out stretched... Anything made of cedar wood should be fine. Do not pay more than 25$ unless you really want to. Nordstrom rack has some for 12$ that ive used for a while with no issues(Woodlore is the brand but there are plety of others.)

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  15. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

I would be in on these without shearling, on the Olfe and with dainite.

16. Canee

Canee New Member

Hi guys,

As I begin my career in a few weeks I need to buy another pair of shoes. I was thinking of Meermin and tried to visit their factory when I was in Mallorca a few weeks back but it never came to pass. Therefore I am bit uncertain as to the lasts that Meermin offer and as I am thinking of buying blindly online (Is that incredibly stupid or can it be pulled off? Is returning shoes easy or difficult with Meermin?) I was hoping someone with experience of Meermin could help out.

I currently have a pair of Loake Buckingham on the capital last with the F fitting in 9,5 UK which I haven't had for long but so far feel good. As my feet are kind of wide (with a slight duck shape) I need a last that is not too snug. Any recommendations when it comes to lasts and the sizing of Meermin? I am planning to start out with their regular line as that would allow me to buy two pairs rather than one as I am on a budget.

Many thanks in advance!

17. Contango

Contango Senior member

If you need them in a few weeks then Meermin probably aren't the best choice, they usually won't start making them in the factory in China until you place your order.

18. Canee

Canee New Member

I know, however I have a few pairs that I can use as of now but my shoe wardrobe needs to be both bolstered and upgraded and Meermin seems like a great option for my budget.

If you have any input on my questions I'd be very grateful.

19. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Are you located in Spain or were you just visiting?

20. Canee

Canee New Member

Unfortunately just visiting, I live in Sweden and had been in contact with Meermin about visiting their factory but never got a hold of them while in Mallorca.