Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. stevent

stevent Senior member

Getting a pair of monks made in the cuero cordovan on the right. What edge dressing would be best?
    [​IMG]

2. Jacke

Jacke Well-Known Member

I paid 3 days ago for the dark brown double monks and they are on its way to me right now. So I think it all depends on which shoe and size you have ordered.

3. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.

The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.

Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  4. david3558

david3558 Senior member

5. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we all wake up one morning and classics are 225 euros, with LM at 350 euros.

6. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?

7. stevent

stevent Senior member

They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:
    [​IMG]

8. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

9. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was considering, but I think I would go with the Ama last instead.

10. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Ah, I can't wait to figure out the sizing on these Meermins. Don't think my dubmunks have shipped yet *sigh*

Edit: I also think the makeup you mentioned above is good - which rubber sole are you going with? The 'dainite' looking one?

11. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

I'd be going with their take on the dainite sole. I'm ashamed to admit that I have more shoes with dainite soles than I do leather ones :embar:, but that is a consequence of geography.

I hope that your dubmonks will ship soon. :)

12. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

No need for that at all. :) The weather up here in the north is far from ideal with regards to leather soles. I only have leather soles on shoes I use in formal events, the rest I have topyed or already have dainite soles. I just ordered the black oxford cap toes to get a feeling for the Hiro last before - BOOM - shell shortwing bluchers with dainite. :slayer:

13. bullswin

bullswin Senior member

I just got a notification that my MTO shoes shipped and will arrive Monday. :D

Below are the specs; I'll post pics when they arrive.

- PTBs
    - Rui last -- modified (from wide to medium + narrow in the heel)
    - Dark brown shell
    - Double leather sole
    - Regular/formal welt (i.e., not storm)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  14. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Just out of interest how long is that from order, just to guage how long mine might take.