1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. techaview

techaview Senior member

2. Pbayvip

Pbayvip Senior member

I have a problem with Meermin, and would appreciate some advice.

I have placed my first order approximately 45 days ago. I received the confirmation, and waited for the invoice. 15 days ago I received an e-mail from Meermin stating that the shoes are almost ready, and that I should finalize the payment.

I paid through PayPal, exactly the amount stated in the invoice (shoes+shipping), and last Friday I received the shipment confirmation from Fedex.

Yesterday I received an e-mail via PayPal that Meermin would like me to pay the additional sum of 49 Euro, no notice from the seller attached. I have sent two e-mails to Meermin yesterday, asking what is this about, and received no reply.

Fedex tracking shows that the shipment still has not been picked up from Meermin.

Anyone had an experience like this?

3. indefinitle

indefinitle Member

Hi everyone! Been browsing SF quite a while, but first time joining and posting. I have a sizing question.

I fit very snug in in Allen Edmonds 9D (Park Avenue/5 Last), and was wondering what sizing I should go for? I emailed customer service with my measurements and was told to opt for a size 8UK on every last, but a 8.5 on the New Rey.

Here are my measurements:
    - Width: 104mm
    - Length: 264mm

After reading through a good 100 pages, I've seen a good amount of debate on which size fits. I'm not too worried about Hiro/Olfe - I'll probably go with a 8UK. BUT, i am worried about New Rey. Is the New Rey last really that more narrow than the Olfe or Hiro? And if I do get a 8.5UK for the New Rey, will the extra length offset the added width? The Linea Maestro model I want only comes in New Rey and I don't want to pay extra for MTO...

If anyone's interested, here are the shoes I'm looking at:

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1972
    http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=3966

If everything goes well, I'll update when they arrive.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  4. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

You should NEVER buy new ray. Unless you really have abnormally thin feet.

you can only go as this as olfe/hiro if you are an 9D in AE.

New ray is closer to 9B in AE. (From what I hear)

You are either an 8.0UK-olfe or an 8.5-UK olfe. (I perfer olfe over hiro its more sleak and euro)
    In a boot both would probably fit. But in an shoe you may want to chance it on the 8UK so you dont have heel slip.

5. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

BTW your measurements look almost the same as mine.

104X267mm and I bought an 7.5UK my first time. And it was very snug but not bad. I think 8UK in OLFE is right for those numbers.

I think 8.5UK -OLFE would be too big. And DEFINELTY do not get the new ray.

6. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

The ordering system probably messed up. Just keep emailing them until they reply.

7. indefinitle

indefinitle Member

double post

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  8. indefinitle

indefinitle Member

Ah alright thanks! Do you think it's worth doing an MTO for the Dark Brown LM naturcalfs? Basically, I'll be switching from a New Rey to an Olfe last. I'll probably change some others too, but that's the gist. Price wise, it would probably be upwards to $350, but that's essentially the same retail price as AE's

9. RPM1

RPM1 Well-Known Member

Thank you to both of you for your complete and comprehensive responses.

I have since decided to purchase the Loake Cannons, and I am currently in the process of ordering them.

10. Zeppelin

Zeppelin Senior member

Thanks for the feedback! Well, that's what I had expected (and feared, unfortunately).
    I'll follow your advice to contact Luisa, but I will need the shoes in Mid-September, so I suppose it won't work out...

11. kankles

kankles Active Member

Meermin plum museums arrived today. 2 months from date of order until they arrived this morning.

Pics to come, just slapped a coat of reno on them.

12. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Hi Guys,

We hope you are doing great!

We wanted to touch base & thank you all for your interest in Meermin.

We are excited to inform you know that currently, we are working hard on a brand new website, which will be much more informative & easy to use than the current, which we expect to have operative in the coming weeks!

Also we wanted to give you a quick update with some pictures of new styles we recently added to our RTW Classic collection. From colorful brogues, spring suede chukka boots, to some rubber soled full brogue wingtips.

A part from that we are working on many new offerings for both Our Classic & our Linea Maestro Collections. New calf & suede colors, new crust calf offerings, An interesting selection of balmoral boots, many new offerings in the exclusives Museum calf & french Naturcalf, and also some of them in Shell Cordovan! We will keep you updated!!

#101468 in Navy suede

[​IMG]

#101468 in Maracca Suede

[​IMG]

#101509 In Dark brown Suede

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    #101507 Green Crust calf

[​IMG]

#101507 Oak Crust calf

[​IMG]

Again, thank you very much for all your interest & support! We really appreciate it.

Have a nice day!

- The Meermin team -

- Meermin Mallorca Shoes -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es
    MTO inquiries please email us at MTO@meermin.es

Facebook · Instagram · Tumblr · Twitter · Pinterest

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
    2 people like this.
  13. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:the shoes are probably just produced from the factory. do you find it necessary to clean them already? How are the results? I only reno shoes that I suspect have been sitting on shevles for a bit ie., AE seconds.

14. mimo

mimo Senior member

That's great. Will it show whether or not the shoes displayed are actually available in stock? Aside from quality control, this seems to be the leading cause of misunderstandings now - people ordering stuff from the website that you don't actually have (my last pair took two months, despite showing as in stock). Please tie your web ordering system to your stock system - nobody minds waiting a few weeks for their shoes, but it's so important to understand whether they are in stock or on order. It's just a simple matter of managing expectations, and will improve your reputation greatly.

1 person likes this.
  15. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Hi mimo,

Thank you very much for your comments!

We understand that, and our goal is to have a completely updated stock displayed online, we still working on it. Currently we are asking 30 days to deliver the shoes since some sizes of the of the styles offered are not in stock, but nowadays, we are delivering most of the orders way before the requested 30 days. Said that, we understand that is not the most common way of operating online, but unfortunately is the one we can offer at the moment, but you can be sure we are working hard to improve it asap!

Thanks again for your comments, we really appreciate them!

- The Meermin team -

If you need any further information or assistance please contact us at: info@meermin.es

16. Irish

Irish Senior member

Any update on the brown museum calf being added to LM?

17. kankles

kankles Active Member

Habit rather than necessity. For new shoes put a quick coat of reno or cream before I give them a more thorough wax polish.

18. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

You could very easily add a bar coding system to real time track your inventory. Would cost you the price of a pair or two of shoes.

19. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

+1

But great to hear of the website update coming and all the new lines

20. Meermin

Meermin Senior member

Hi Irish,

Thanks for your interest!

Some styles in Dark brown Museum calf are currently in production, shortly they'll be available to preorder online!

We will keep you updated.

Thanks again!

Hi Osiris2012,

Thanks for your comments!

We will try to keep you all updated more often here!

- The Meermin team -

1 person likes this.