Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

Totally understand. My point, expanding their direct business will offer them great margin and total control of their operations supply chain to customer. A wholesale program would also be amazing and, as you said, it would allow them to realize their full potential. You're right about he cost, I was just kidding about the "grand" thing. My point, as long as the expansion happens on an even keel, and prices don't take them out of the tremendous value they offer, I think they have a big winner. Obviusly they have room to come up in price and still offer value. I wish them the best, their customer service is amazing and I am very excited to take shipment.

2. stevent

stevent Senior member

Some more photos before wearing the shoes today (this model:http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338). Very comfy after a few hours of wear and like the richness in the color in sunlight. One thing though, are these shoes actually made in Spain? I don't see anything indicating this so going off what other posters mentioned about Chinese-made shoes in the Japan store, I think they may be Chinese made? Still nice shoes regardless but I found it interesting that other than "Meermin Mallorca" I see nothing to indicate the country of origin.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Sunlight:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012

3. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

New Ray is NARROW!!!! I went a full size and it's still tight. It is not comparable to C&J 348, for me-YMMV. Alma fits me spot on. The quality is not the greatest on the classic, but definitely not bad for the price.

[​IMG]

I'll post natural light pictures tomorrow, if I can.

4. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

holy crap thats a huge ass difference

5. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

The suede has more paper stuffed in it, so it appears much wider than it is, but there is a difference.

6. justinkapur

do you think the new rey is even wearable?
    would like to see the pictures of them on for sure

7. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I'll post tomorrow, but not to me. I wear C&J 348 OOB, with no problem. I could risk stretching, but it's easier to just send back instead of getting stuck. Remember everyone's feet are different.

8. BFBFB

BFBFB Well-Known Member

This is an EXTREMELY dangerous thread to follow for those of us who don't currently need any shoes...[​IMG]

9. eyeofthetig3r

eyeofthetig3r Active Member

is that the alma last on the left?

10. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Yes

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

haha yeah I wanted to get some black captoes as I don't have anything good in that department right now. They didn't have stock so I got some double monks instead. Hiro last is an amazing fit for me, not as sleek as I'd like but with wider feet I can't really complain. Getting a pair of MTO shell monks now I think. Hard to resist at these prices + cheap euro.

12. justinkapur

i definitely agree, but it just seems like such a disparity. I mean if they work thats awesome but I am curious to see how they fit

13. supplychainman

supplychainman Senior member

These are so comfortable! Use shoe horn to slip on and wow my feet are comfy! These may be some of the best fitting shoes I have ever had. I feel that the shoe just conforms to my foot so well without the shoe feeling small or to tight.

These are the Hiro last -> http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1925 ... If you need some new captoes, do yourself a favor and select these. Very impressed. I need to keep myself from ordering the dark brown or suede monks now but they are just so tempting!

14. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

Yes I have the same model and I feel the same. Most comfortable shoe I own. I have others that fit just about as well but none of them is as comfortable...

15. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Wheres all the pics of these shoes your all buying !!! Come on get them up ??