1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mimo

mimo Senior member

Just before I edited mine!

1 person likes this.
  2. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Say it ain't so, Monkeyface!? You just got fed up with having to unhook your trouser cuffs from the pull tabs dintcha? :D

3. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Haha, I usually fold those inside! The fact of the matter is that I'll be wearing black oxfords for 5 days of the week, so it doesn't really make sense to have 8 pairs of brown shoes and only 2 pairs of black shoes. I'm selling some of my brown shoes so that I can buy some more work appropriate shoes/suits. The boots are also slightly too big. They're fine with some thick socks, but it's just annoying.

I might just order the boots again in black, because the design is gorgeous and I do like wearing them.

4. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Would be good! Just a shame you have to run the QC gauntlet again!

5. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Yeah, I got lucky last time, but that might not be the case this time. I might just shell out for a Carmina MTO (maybe in black shell), but that will probably cost me double.

6. wklq76a

wklq76a Senior member

Great news! Does "next week" mean the one with May 30th, or the one with June 6th?

7. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Looks good soo excited. Also boots on the olfe look pretty nice. Most/all boots ive seen by meermin up to this point have been on the hiro.
    Thanks for the update!!

8. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

When meermin says next week I usually assume 2-3 weeks. :)

But they are comming along.

9. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Week 22 or 23 is what Pepe said. Currently it's week 21 starting Monday 26.

Look darker than expected, but maybe it's lighting. Excited to finally get them.

10. mimo

mimo Senior member

Once you get into LM price + MTO fee + shell...or Carmina MTO at all, I feel Vass should be calling you. Or you calling them!

11. techaview

techaview Senior member

To those who has participated in the dark brown austerity brogue MTO, i have touch base with @sarteaga and taken the lead for this MTO due to other priority in his life. I will be sending you guys individual PM to confirm your order again while I get in touch with Pepe in the meantime.

Let try to confirm this MTO by 1st June, this weekend so that i can confirm with Pepe and proceed with the MTO. Of course for those who is interested I can add on your order to our list. End product will be as followed. Colour will be dark brown museum. Last can be in Olfe/New Rey or the new Park. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 29, 2014
  12. TheBlackDonDraper

TheBlackDonDraper Senior member

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  13. mattg1027

mattg1027 Active Member

That is fresh out of the box but without much direct light. It is only natural light from the window on an overcast/rainy day, so it's definitely lighter in direct sunlight. However, I think it's slightly less bright than the pictures on Meermin's website since that's under direct/bright bulbs. I could try to take some more pictures in direct sunlight but it would be a few days before I'm home with them in sunlight. The belt was 37 euro ex-VAT, so about $50.

Last edited: May 27, 2014
  14. eljlakers

eljlakers Senior member

Snuff suede captoe Hiro MTOs on Dainite...[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  15. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Quote:

Again, my apologies to all of you! This is also my reasons for the absence from SF. If any of you want to take over the GMTO please let me know, as we can expedite this if I'm not doing it.

Best,
    Sergio

To those who has participated in the dark brown austerity brogue MTO, i have touch base with @sarteaga and taken the lead for this MTO due to other priority in his life. I will be sending you guys individual PM to confirm your order again while I get in touch with Pepe in the meantime.

Let try to confirm this MTO by 1st June, this weekend so that i can confirm with Pepe and proceed with the MTO. Of course for those who is interested I can add on your order to our list. End product will be as followed. Colour will be dark brown museum. Last can be in Olfe/New Rey or the new Park. Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just wanted to say thank you again for taking the lead on this!

16. laufer

laufer Senior member

Are you guys getting any communication from Sandro? Meermin is supposed to refund me a money for a pair of shoes I returned over month ago. I have not heard from them at all. I sent the message to Sandro a few days ago but I received no reply.

17. TobiasM

TobiasM Well-Known Member

Can anyone who has the new string loafers can give me a size advise. I usually wear 8,5UK. In Crockett and Jones 348 and 360 are my best fitting lasts.

18. SimplyLime

SimplyLime Well-Known Member

Just got my string loafers in size 8 uk and it seems that my first wear seems tighter compared to my 9d AE veronas(dunno what last) . I dont have any experience in c&j's but i do have the mora 2.0 and a grayson loafer both also in 9d yet I havent tried them yet.

If i get the chance to try them later, ill post back results.

19. TobiasM

TobiasM Well-Known Member

20. SimplyLime

SimplyLime Well-Known Member

Hi got to try it already, mora 2.0 was spot on in size. It was neither tight nor loose. However the grayson was a bit loose on the heel. There was a bit of heel slippage in some steps although the width was good.

Hope this helps ya!