1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

I'm flexible as well...(color and style)

So if we have 3 or so guys who are flexible, it might be easier to get the MTO going.

2. joiji

joiji Senior member

I really prefer the fit of boots, so I'm really only interested in a chukka.

I believe we need 6 people minimum.

Was thinking 3 eyelets, olfe, dark brown shell, double rubber sole. Could be talked into Hiro, but feel like Olfe will be a better fit for the boot.

3. mimo

mimo Senior member

Could do all of that - prefer leather soles, and I think the more relaxed Hiro last is better for a chukka, but I'm willing to pass on these to make it happen if it's a majority vote. I'd really like the Norwegian welt though: as it's a boot, and as it's shell, I think it's both appropriate, and more "special".

4. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Would prefer to not MTO a boot since I already own dundees in dark brown, but perhaps a different shell color (not dark brown) and norwegian welt makes it more tempting. I'm all for the casual look - Hiro last, reverse welt, double sole, rubber sole, etc...

Let's see whether anybody else is interested in other shell makeups in derby or oxford.

5. joiji

joiji Senior member

I'd be happy with black or dark brown. Welt wise I was hoping for 360 degree flat. Soles I'm easy on so long as it's double.

Last wise the either the Hiro or Olfe are fine for me.

I was hoping for something to wear in place of a fairly clear derby, but in chukka boot form, which is where my makeup thoughts are coming from.

6. mimo

mimo Senior member

Black for a casual shoe is a definite "no" for me. Other than that, I don't mind which colour - brown, tan, light, dark, burgundy...ruby, green, seriously. Double sole is great, Norweger would be awesome. And I'd actually do a two-eyelet derby or similar as well as a chukka.

This is going to become annoying to others - how about a PM to all, then advertise whatever's agreed back here?

7. jimmycth

jimmycth Active Member

Guys, I've just received my Meermin last week and I noticed that the left side sole has a bulge. I've tried to capture it in the pics below. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  9. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

I've found this to be somewhat common for Meermin. Nothing you can really do about it I think. Sometimes a topy helps to flatten everything out a bit.

Edit: yours might be so bad that you can't wear them comfortably for a long period. Perhaps ask Meermin?

10. All Tatters

All Tatters Senior member

Based on the first picture I suggest sending the photos to Luisa. Then start using them only If they'll assure you it will go away (and you will still be able to return them when not, even if the shoes have been used for some time). Otherwise just return, the difference between the two shoes seems so great that your walking comfort will be seriously impaired if it doesn't go away. I can't see any difference on the second picture though.

11. All Tatters

All Tatters Senior member

... double post, sorry ...

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

They are very susceptible to water spots, which I suspect is partly due to the fact I am using colored cordovan creme to cover up finishing issues. Have not found a solution as of yet.

13. jungleroller

jungleroller Senior member

Pretty sure all shell is. Horween included.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I do not have the same issue with my AE shell. I've worn a pair of AE shell loafers in the rain several times and all it took to bring them back was wiping down with a damp cloth and brushing. I have Carmina Horween shell that has water spot issues, though.

15. mimo

mimo Senior member

True. That's the i-gent irony about shell: it's value is that it is incredibly waterproof and resilient. But if you want it to stay pretty like calf then it needs to be treated like buckskin suede. [​IMG]

16. MSchapiro

MSchapiro Senior member

Yup, very frustrating in dealing with shell for me.

17. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I thought water spots with shell are temporary and go away after the water dries?

What would happen to my shell shoes if it walked though a river in em? (Hypothetically)

18. jimmycth

jimmycth Active Member

Thanks for your advice but the curvature is so bad that I reckon it'll be hard to even properly topy it no?

Thanks All Tatters. The second picture was my attempt to show the curvature of the right sole as compared to the left sole. In any event I've emailed Meermin regarding this. Let's see what they suggest.

19. schomin

schomin Member

I know Meermin takes a while to ship orders and this is one of the ways I am guessing they are able to sell these shoes so cheap but I have been waiting for 2 months now for my order. I have been keeping in contact in Sandro regularly and every time I do my ship date gets moved out a week or two. This has been happening for almost a month now. Has anybody else had an issue like this? The whole situation seems ridiculous to me. If I would have known I would have just done a MTO. I feel like I am being misled her. I'd rather be told the truth about when my order is going to be shipped than have it delayed 5 times.

20. mimo

mimo Senior member

Yes. Stock item, shown in stock but of course wasn't, two months before I even got a payment request, and over two weeks since I paid they "will be ready next week". Probably.

If you're going to go cheap, efficiency is everything. It certainly makes me think twice about buying their more expensive stuff, or anything at all.