1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. ktown

ktown Senior member

I purchased from Meermin in Fall of 2012 and again in Spring of 2013. You basically just pay online and then you'll get an order processing confirmation. It took about 2 months for both of my pairs to actually arrive in my hands. It seems like they don't actually carry sufficient stock and each order is made after it is ordered. Then you can expect to get hit with customs/duties a couple of weeks after you receive the shoes.

There may be quality issues as is well documented in this thread. Perhaps they have changed their process to be more efficient but the above is how it worked for me for both pairs of my shoes. Overall though considering the price, value, and style I recommend Meermin. You do have to wait a bit and will get hit with customs taxes but they are good shoes.

2. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

YMMV based on inventory, but I ordered a classic line shoe yesterday, got payment and ready to ship notice today.

3. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

BTW for anyone trying to talk to Pepe he just replied to me that he would get back to me about things. So he is around but busy.

4. Shawl Lapel

Shawl Lapel Senior member

Ordered, received invoice, paid, and shoes shipped - within a week.

5. mattg1027

mattg1027 Active Member

Man, just as I had convinced myself that I can justify the expense of that copper suede MTO, I realized that it wouldn't be here for 3 - 4 months from ordering time (approaching fall). Was originally thinking I'd have it for this spring/summer. Bummer.

6. Ironist

Ironist Senior member

Yeah that's partially why I went with the carmina instead. Very similar style and color to the adelaide but better quality, 2 month turnaround, and only 50% down up front for less than $45 more.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  7. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Could you point me to the model that you say looks similar? I tried looking before but never found one that was an nice suede carmina model.

Also meermin vs carmina
    340EUR - 260EUR = 80EUR = 110 dollars = about 30% more costly
    Where did you find one that was $45 more?
    Does carmina offer free shipping or something?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

1 person likes this.
  9. d0h15

d0h15 Well-Known Member

10. Claghorn

Claghorn Senior member Dubiously Honored

Hiro 9UK
    Mos 9UK
    Rui 8.5UK

11. NickInTO

NickInTO Senior member

Placed a Meermin order on March 29th for 2 pairs. Shipped today, which was a shorter turn around time than I was expecting. Looking forward to trying them out.

12. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Oh nice those look pretty good. But they are still 35% over the meermin price. Plus whatever is the shipping from stockholm to the US (for me).

(Meermin I will probably get free shipped since I already have another pair in the works.)

Thanks for the link!!!

13. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:When you mean "free" shipping, you're talking about paying shipping for two items since the price to ship one item or two items is the same?

14. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

EVERYONE I GOT SOME INFO ON THE PARK LAST
    [​IMG]

Emailed Pepe and he said:

Quote: The park last is made from scratch, is not another version of one of our current lasts. The fitting is similar to the Olfe last, instead is a bit higher.

So hopefully that will help both MTO's

15. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Yea, while not technically free. I would be wasting that money if I did not use it.

16. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Is there any side by side comparisons on the olfe and park last?

17. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Hiro is nearly the same as olfe. So the previous pics are probably fine. But it would be nice to see the direct compaison

18. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

If any of you are interested in the MTO below please PM me asap. We are taking orders now.

It will look like this: (with red lining)
    [​IMG]

Style: Suede Adelaide (Similar to 102461 but copper suede and with peaked heal counters) Similar to: http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d43f8168_image.jpeg
    No. of eyelets: 5 eyelet pairs
    Last: Choice of Olfe or Park
    Lasting: Hand lasted
    Upper Leather: Copper Suede (LM Reverse Calf leather)
    Lining leather: Calf
    Lining colour: Red
    Construction: GY-2/ Handwelted goodyear
    Heel: Peaked Heal Counter (See heel in picuture http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d43f8168_image.jpeg)
    Toe Box: Brouged Cap Toe (Same toe box in picture http://cdn.styleforum.net/d/d4/d43f8168_image.jpeg)
    Sole: Leather soles (closed channelled with initials)
    Sole finishing: Planta Paloma '7 clavos' ()
    Edge finishing on welt: Medium Brown
    Custom Text in shoe (Written on the inside window on red lining): Your choice
    Custom Text on sole (Written with brass nails/ Usually your initals): Your Choice
    Expected time: Up to 3 months
    Standard: Will be made to Linea Maestro standards
    Price: 260EUR(vat included) + Shipping

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  19. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Those carminas look amazing. Well worth the upcharge IMHO. I'd be a bit afraid of ordering an MTO shoe on a new last with Meermin, seeing a they already have problems making shoes on their old lasts. I think you're paying to be a guinea pig here.

20. Smahatma

Smahatma Senior member

Isn't the Ben a squared off version of the Olfe/Hiro? Seems to me pepe's description fits both, so I'd like to see side-by-side's of the Ben and Park.

Perhaps the resident expert Terrorsquad can help with this one.

I've hodgepotched this together from Terrorsquad's Park picture and chogall's Ben picture

[​IMG]