1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. tommygoodkin

tommygoodkin Well-Known Member

Yes

2. beav3r

beav3r Member

Hi guys, i wear 7.5 for Crockett and Jone's 348 last. If i were to order Meermin's oxfords in Hiro and Olfe last, what size should i go for? Thanks.

3. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

I also wear a 7.5 in 348. Olfe should also be a 7.5. I own one pair of Hiros in 7.5 - they are very new and not 100 pct. broken in, but I think I should have sized up half a size...

1 person likes this.
  4. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

ah bugger finally have a moment to order those black shell cordovan cap toes and they've vanished...hrmm okay loafers now whats to bet if I wait and see what the new loafers are like the old ones will up and disappear :p

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  5. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

I haven't pulled the plug yet but speaking with Luisa before, she recommended the same size for Hiro as my other shoes, which includes a C&J on the 236 last. Am looking to get a pair of the Hiro DM brown calfs soon.

1 person likes this.
  6. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

I own a pair of the black captoes on the Hiro last, and I have the same opinion as you; they are a bit tight by the toes for my semi-wide feet. I have read that the Olfe last actually has more space by the toes than Hiro; is there any hold to this?

7. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

That is very interesting about the toe area being a bit tight. Probably due to the doubling of leather due to the captoe. How long have you worn them? I wonder if it loosens up with use. Length-wise do they fit true?

8. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Well-Known Member

lengthwise the Hiro fits true to size Imo. I have worn mine maybe 5 or 6 times, so it is getting better. The Olfe is definitely roomier. Both are captoes btw. Actually the Ama last is probably the best fit of the three pairs of Meermin I own, but that may be due to the fact that suede is more forgiving.

9. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

I've had them for a year, but used them probably about 15 times. Length-wise is pretty true IMO. Here is my post when I got them.

10. Yowzer

Yowzer Well-Known Member

Great collection and toe shine! Thanks for reposting... the dark brown DM Meermins do look good.

11. beav3r

beav3r Member

12. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

Thanks! The DMs are C&J Lowndes, only the black captoes are Meermin.

13. beav3r

beav3r Member

Thanks CBFN. Just wondering, did you take the same size as your Lowndes for the Meermin? Great toe shine too by the way.

1 person likes this.
  14. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

15. MrDGoncalves

MrDGoncalves New Member

Do you mind clarifying if those Meermin's Oxford in Hiro last are from Classic Collection or MTO? They look very similar to Linea Maestro stitched & reverse cap toe Oxford in the New Rey last and at the moment I am torn between the two. I am visiting the Madrid Store soon, so your help is much appreciated.

16. Lexyyy

Lexyyy Member

Would anyone who has/had experience with both RON(loafers) and HIRO lasts recommend me a size given that I am a UK7.5 in Meermin's Hiro lasted oxfords.

17. Jarmo

Jarmo Active Member

I actually asked this from Meermin just a couple days ago. I told them that in UK7 my hiro chukka is good but a bit on the tight side. They said that UK7 should be fine with the loafer also.

18. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Well-Known Member

Park Last is ready;will post pictures of my black wholecuts in the new last soon

1 person likes this.
  19. cbfn

cbfn Well-Known Member

They were from the Classic collection.