• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't be a douche and claim something ordinary as yours.

dont be ignorant. can you even tell the difference?

im flattered someone shares a similar taste in boots

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

dont be ignorant. can you even tell the difference?

im flattered someone shares a similar taste in boots

Too lazy to shuffle through my stacks of magazines but the design isn't new or original.

But whatever floats your boat.

Good looking boots btw, except for the pull tab part.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I did talk to Luisa and they said they got the codes fixed and it is a 5% tax

I got the same response from Sandro, who asked me to share it here:

"The problem has been solved.

UPS was doing the custom clearance with a wrong tariff code, and the
duttie was 38%.

From the last days all the shoes are leaving Spain with the tariff code
6403.59.30.40 (leather shoes with we on the invoice and UPS will
dispatch at 5%.

Please if you can inform about it in styleforum it was very grateful for
another costumers.

Many thanks
Kind regards

Sandro"

I dont know man, I would probably go talk to them or use the number from a few pages ago and talk to danny. To get a refund atleast. Or possibly have meermin call ups telling them the orders they shipped with the wrong code.

Not my area of expertise, but I'd be surprised if UPS can do anything about this after the fact. The shoes were taxed at the appropriate rate for the tariff code indicated. I would demand that Meermin make this right, though.

JaymzBawnd

Reaction score
I am a "true" US 10.5 and these are 9.5 in meermin's sizing. The fit is pretty good- width seems to be comparable to a standard US d width. I also have a pair of double monks on the hiro last, also in 9.5 and the fit feels pretty similar.
Thanks for sharing, beautiful shoes by the way. I'm considering both the single calf and double monks, but I'm a 10E in US sizing. Louisa has advised me to go only a half size down... I'm worried that the shoes will have a bit of extra length to them.

MarioImpemba

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Between this and your jodhpur... These are created on existing lasts, correct? So just bespoke patterns for you? How much of a premium is this costing you, roughly, to have Meermin create for you whatever you desire?

I will admit I enjoyed reading the presumptious posters suggesting Meermin made any thing [sic] at my whim

I really am not following what the **** you're talking about. Meermin doesn't offer a Johdpur. Meermin doesn't offer a double-monk boot. At least, neither of them on their site. These are both designs catering to your whim, am I wrong?
lol some of Meermin's new MTO are straight rip-offs of my design

Oh, so for the record, they were catering to your whim all along as these are your designs. Got it.

Last edited:

numberpro

Reaction score
This is rather disappointing. I am the poster who called UPS and figured out the HTS code to use, in consultation with the UPS expert. The reason that Meermin is now quoting that code and estimating a 5% tariff is due to my leg work. I emailed Sandro with that information. However, I have heard no response on my request to get a refund on the additional $100 charged to me due to the error by Meermin. I emailed Pepe and Sandro twice, asking about a resolution, and noting that this issue is being discussed on styleforum. The fact that they are claiming an error on the part of UPS in inaccurate. It was Meermin who submitted the wrong code, and UPS was simply applying the appropriate tariff. My conclusion is that Meermin customer service is abysmal. You might think that they would show some measure of gratitude, since I saved them a lot of headaches with the proper code. But after two emails, they have simply ignored me and now want to spread the news here about the new correct code. Sigh.

Quote:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Error on their part to some extent but ordering shoes from overseas means you take some risk as well. No vender should be responsible for any customs / duties / brokerage

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Error on their part to some extent but ordering shoes from overseas means you take some risk as well. No vender should be responsible for any customs / duties / brokerage

No, they're not responsible for the duties, but if they ship internationally they ARE responsible (and solely responsible) for filling in the forms correctly. It's an error on their part entirely, not "to some extent". A lesson learned for them I guess - or it should be But really, blaming the courier, then not giving at least a credit note or something by way of apology/recompense, is really ****** treatment.

striker

Reaction score
I really think they should liase with UPS and get them to refund the buyers.

Even if duties and taxes are not their responsibility, if it arises as a result of their error, they should set it right for those who are affected.

ltontheqt

Reaction score

No, they're not responsible for the duties, but if they ship internationally they ARE responsible (and solely responsible) for filling in the forms correctly.  It's an error on their part entirely, not "to some extent".  A lesson learned for them I guess - or it should be  But really, blaming the courier, then not giving at least a credit note or something by way of apology/recompense, is really ****** treatment.

I agree with this. I was one of the people who got hit with the exorbitant fee. Better for Meermin to extend a credit toward next purchase. It's a goodwill gesture and an incentive to buy more shoes. They are in business, after all, to sell shoes.

SouthNarc

Reaction score

Just received my Museum calf MTO, but they turned out to be too small. If anyone wants to buy them, let me know. They're size 10uk.

Did you move up or down or just go with your normal size? I'm an 8.5 US and size a UK 8 in G&G TG73 and EG 888. I'm a bit concerned that I should have gone down a full size instead of my usual half.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you move up or down or just go with your normal size? I'm an 8.5 US and size a UK 8 in G&G TG73 and EG 888. I'm a bit concerned that I should have gone down a full size instead of my usual half.
I used my normal size. My Meermin loafers fit fine, so Luisa said I should take a UK10 for the Hiro last as well. Slightly pissed off, as the Hiro is a lot narrower, especially in the toebox. Next time I'll go up half a size.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads