1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. techaview

techaview Senior member

Duplicate post

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. techaview

techaview Senior member

My meermin arrive...

[​IMG]

Classic Line captoe with broguing and medallion
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Classic Line Navy suede tassel loafer
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Both sizing is just right for me. After inspection, doesn't really find any imperfection. Cheers guys!

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. philcks

philcks Member

hi everyone.
    If i buy size US10.5 on nike shoes(HK), which size shall i buy on Meermin shoes???

4. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I do not think you are going to be able to guess your size from Nike shoes. They are just too variable in size. Try to find some dress shoes at an mall in an near by town. For the USA allen Edmonds and Alden are the only two that are consistent enough to compare against

5. philcks

philcks Member

maybe i tell u my foot about 28.5cm, thin foot.

6. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

It is most important to fit your width first and then see if you length matches up. With most of these shoes since they are aggressively cut you will have 1-2 cm extra in the toe box. So that is an non-issue.

So I don't know what you consider "thin". Is that A,B, or C thin? A/B thin generally start with the New Ray last
    C is most versatile and can fit many lasts

But I still feel like raw measurements are not going to help you enough to be sized correctly. at least without some back and forth on the shipping.

7. konda

konda Senior member

The Nike to Meermin size conversion sounds epic and is a definite winner.

1 person likes this.
  8. adampaul

adampaul Member

I've been through this thread countless times, and it's starting to make my head swim. I really like Linea Maestro model 102461, but I keep waffling on the Olfe last. In brillopad's comparison photo between Olfe and Hiro, I keep thinking the Olfe last looks too pointy for my taste. But then I see some of you guys' other photos (in addition to Meermin's own photo of the various lasts), and I think the Olfe looks great, not too pointy and not too rounded, just a classic shoe shape. But I think I'm liking the the Hiro better. Am I exaggerating the difference between the two?

(edited for words)

9. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

lol If we somehow manage to crack that puzzle Meermin should send us free shoes for all the "new" business it will be getting. [​IMG]

10. laufer

laufer Senior member

No I am not. I have reached the boiling point with meermin. I ordered a pair wingtip from Meermin on October 30th, linea mastro Olfe last in burgundy. It was pictured with double sole then changed to single sole, I was promised shipment within 30 days. I have never ever heard anything from Meemin since. I have cancelled this order today. Frankly I am done with Meermin, it's too much I am not going to beg Meermin to take my money.

11. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I think you should not be looking for what is your "taste" you should be looking for which one will fit you better.
    Quote: If your instep is large go with the Hiro if it is lower/normal go with the Olfe.

At the end of the day you are looking for fitting. Looking good comes second.

12. adampaul

adampaul Member

You make good points. I got caught up in the aesthetic look/shape of the lasts instead of what will fit better. And none of them are unpleasing, just my personal perferences. The trouble is, I have no idea which last(s) fit my feet best. Meermin doesn't offer my preferred style on different lasts without going MTO (and I was trying to avoid the extra cost, at least my wife would like me to avoid it). Now if the model I like fits my foot, great. But if it doesn't...I suppose I could order a second pair in a style I like, even if less preferred, keep the one that fits better and sell the other (not really interested in return shipping). I do like the Linea Maestro split toes (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4137) which are on Hiro (although I'm more partial to quarter-brogues (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2724) and semi-brogues). Shipping cost for two pairs is the same as for one pair, correct?

13. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I didn't know I had a low instep until Dean Girling measured me up has made a big difference in the way I purchase shoes.

Would you compare New Rey and Olfe to the Carmina Simpson last?

14. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Do you (Or anyone else) know how to measure if you have an lower or higher than average instep?

Is there an chart to what average is?

15. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

I have no idea. Are there any good shops close where you can get measured? Leatherfoot in Toronto also did a great job of giving me proper measurements.

16. Eddie916

Eddie916 Member

Anyone have dark brown double monks in 10UK looking to trade for a 9.5UK? Just got mine and could use a few MM in width and length and I don't think they'll break in enough to be comfortable.

17. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

This is probably a long shot....

Is anyone in an 7.5uk to 8.5uk in Meermin that has tried BOTH hiro and olfe?

I was trying to gauge which instep I would like better. (Hiro=high instep, Olfe=average instep)
    I found my height was around 6-6.5cm high. And I am an 8uk.

I measured the height approx at where it says instep:
    [​IMG]

I measured the HEIGHT. From a flat floor to the top of my foot.
    If some one is exactly and 8UK and has tried both lasts I would love to throw a $1 paypal tip their way for taking the time to measure for me. (Not much but something :p )

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  18. konda

konda Senior member

New Rey and Simpson are similar, yes. Olfe no. Olfe is more for those with a regular instep / just a hint to the narrow side.

19. konda

konda Senior member

A good shoe salesman can immediately tell by looking at your feet. You can also come to a conclusion by trying on different shoes. If there is a shop with loads of different AEs for example, it is very easy to figure this out.

20. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Are there some AE's with high vs low insteps? Almost every AE Ive worn up to this point has fit me in some size.

I may have to see an real shoe store :)