1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Guys,
    I thought I asked this question, are you open on making this on commando sole with norvegese welt?

2. DavidLane

DavidLane Senior member

I would be interested if we can do a Hiro last and dainite sole. D

3. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I would not be to either. I want an classic boot. norvegese & commando would make it more urban. I bet if you make another MTO you would get enough ppl for it :)

If you have an pic for an norvegese boot i would like to see it. I just cant see it looking good but maybe :)

Also the commando sole can be added later as an toppy (Scuff up the leather soles a bit and glue the toppy to it pretty straight forward). (Ill be adding an thin rubber toppy to mine so my soles last for years.)

4. budapest12

budapest12 Senior member

5. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Just ordered a pair of snuff suede captoes, matching belt and extra dark brown leather belt. Hoping the Hiro works out a little better than the Olfe.

6. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Have you tried both the Hiro and Olfe? I thought they were very similar sizing wise.

** Or did you mean that you just hope the Hiro is more accommodating to your foot?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  7. Murlsquirl

Murlsquirl Senior member Moderator

Nope, just the Olfe. The Hiro is a rounder last and I believe slightly wider. I did mean that I hope the Hiro last is a better shape for my feet. Either way, I decided to experiment and size up a half size. I think it should work out well.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  8. Rev0

Rev0 Member

I'm surprised that there aren't more posts/photos of the recent museum calf MTOs (plum + dark brown).

I suppose this means that there aren't any major dramas this time around...

How are the people finding their new shoes?

1 person likes this.
  9. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Yeah mate I'm still in... where was all this interest in the boot last year before the aussie dollar dropped against the euro!!!

10. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Hey guys I was curious to the quality of the suff rapello suede on the classic line. I head this this is split grain suede and not reverse calf suede.

(Split grain is when hide is cut into thin slices and each is used for suede).
    (While reverse calf is where the hide is not cut and the suede you see is just the inside part of the animal.)

I was curious to know how your suede has been holding up. And if anyone know how much nicer the LM/Linea Mastero suede is? (It is listed as reverse calf)

11. AQstar

AQstar New Member

Hi Guys, I just recieved a pair of Linea Maestro Black Freudenberg Calf delivered today. The uppers of the shoes were with great detail and fine quality. However, the bottom of the shoe sole I noticed that there is a crack line which seems as if they have not line it together properly. Is this normal or should I send them back to be replaced.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance!

12. Cunrad

Cunrad Senior member

Mine have not arrived yet, but my brother got his the Friday after christmas. They look stunning and appear to have no major flaws.
    I could post pics if you like.

13. Eddie916

Eddie916 Member

Ordered two pairs, one for me and one for my brother about a month ago.
    Took a few weeks for the shoes to be made, but once they were ready to ship, they only took four days to get from Spain to California.

My pair is perfect, but the pair for my brother is a half size too big.
    Returning is probably out of the question, since it will be at least $100 in shipping both ways.

So... I have the cognac punched cap toe oxford (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4142) in 9UK. He wears a 9.5E in AE last 5 but has a wider foot, so Luisa suggested the size up from the 8.5.

Any suggestions on the fit or does anyone want to buy these or trade for the same shoe in 8.5UK or an AE McAllister, Strand, or Fifth Avenue in 9.5E?

14. DLJr

DLJr Senior member

I take a half size bigger in Olfe versus the Hiro. But I appear to be an exception.

15. Rev0

Rev0 Member

It would be great if you could post some photos, particularly if they are the plum museum plain-toe Adelaide as I have yet to see these anywhere.

I'm still waiting on mine too, but I thought most others had received them by now.

16. Betelgeuse

Betelgeuse Senior member

I think that would not jeopardize the shoe. I would keep them.

17. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

That and heels are less than $50 to replace which is less than shipping them back. So you should probably keep them.

18. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Will meermin take returns on MTO items if they do not fit you? (I know I would have to pay return shipping.)

19. konda

konda Senior member

JHC. Of course they don't. You don't order a car and then return it for a refund just because you ordered the wrong color.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  20. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Ok just making sure.
    If there are defects in the MTO shoe. Will they then make a refund? (Just want to cover my bases.)