1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

I'm trying to get people interested in a navy naturcalf wholecut.

[​IMG]

2. FraudulentTom

FraudulentTom Active Member

Thanks! I may give that a try.

3. xizenta

xizenta Senior member

Hi guys,
    I talked to Pepe about the Navy Naturcalf wholecut MTO with Medallion. He said it's no problem to change the number of eyelets from 5 to 4 and add a medallion to this design:
    http://meerminshoes.tumblr.com/post/54513224901/meermin-mto-navy-naturcalf-wholecut-on-the-ama

There are some other options he wanted filled out -- lining leather, sole option, sole finishing. Not really sure what we want to go with there but if anyone is interested in helping decide or just participating, the details from his e-mail are in this spoiler. I'm going to PM Sarteaga and JJL5000 who both showed interest and if they are in (hopefully) we'd only need three more! :slayer:

[​IMG]

#1.- General specifications of the MTO group - Navy wholecut

Style: 4 eyelet Wholecut w/ medallion
    Last: Ama
    Construction: Handwelted - GY2
    Upper leather: Navy Naturcalf
    Lining leather: ?
    Sole option: ?
    Sole finishing: ?

#2.- Specific specifications of each participant

UK Size
    Custom text typed on the lining
    Initials pegged on the soles

And also if any of you need:

Shoe trees
    Toe caps
    Any other shoe care product

#3.- Personal information I need of each participant to process the order.

Full name
    Email
    Shipping address
    Phone

#4.- Conditions & Price:

- 50% Deposit required to place the order
    - MTO are no returnable or refundable
    - The estimate production time depend on the amount of participants that join the order. (min. 12 weeks for MTO)

- Base price handwelted: 260€(21% VAT incl.) = 214,87€ (VAT excl.)
    - MTO Costs: (You can avoid them if you get the minimum of 6 participants)
    - Shipping costs: Depending on your location

Regarding the possibility of adding a medallion or modifying the pattern to a 4 eyelt one, there is no inconvenience at all.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  4. Agrajag

Agrajag Active Member

Just received my first pair of Meermin shoes (boots actually).

I placed the order 23.12, so I have no complaints regarding delivery time. I did make sure they had them in stock before I made to order though.

They look just as good as on their website, but I am not sure about their sizing. I only have one other pair of quality shoes (AE fifth avenue), so I don't know who is to blame. My AEs are in US size 8,5D, so I ordered the 7,5 UK size from Meermin, but the latter seems at least half a size larger. Is this just my experience, or Is something not right here? As I will wear the boots with thick socks it's not really that big of an issue, but for future purchases it would be nice to know.

5. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

I would just get an thin insole it will probably fix the issue.

Looking at:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2dyjhkLq21r3fk48o1_1280.jpg
    The rui is the second largest last and maybe your foot is on the small side for a 8.5D? So maybe you could have taken the 7UK. Too many maybe's :)

What where your actual foot measurements in mm/in? For my own curiosity.

6. jjl5000

jjl5000 Senior member

PM sent...

My previous pair of navy naturcalf adelaides came with a dark brown leather lining (not a great combo) so i'd definitely request something else...a contrast blue lining or a dark red might be worth considering. Just out of interest, did Pepe provide any more info on the medallion i.e. were there several styles to choose from or did you have a particular one in mind?

7. abi1986

abi1986 Member

Dears, do you have a direct email address to contact Pepe?
    Because I Wanda order my first pair and I filled out the request form on the website some days ago to ask about availability, but no answer came...

8. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Quote:Still on the fence on this one for me personally. I would like to get in the Shell Balmoral MTO first but not sure if it's too late p.henrik?

9. Gnis

Gnis New Member

Dear all,

I was wondering if I could still join the group MTO for the dark brown Balmoral cordovan boots? I mailed Meermin today, and they said that the group MTO has not been confirmed yet.

Thanks in advance you guys!

KR Gnis

10. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Senior member

Given the time of year p.henrick might just be on holidays but sounds like theres more than enough for the boot now.

11. Agrajag

Agrajag Active Member

My feet are 258mm long. I would say 8,5D in the PAs is pretty much spot on.

I went by the info in post #6047 and chose to size up as I knew I would wear thick socks more often than not.

I'll probably just end up getting an insole, but I would definitely advise on sizing down if you are in doubt here. It was especially surprising as they list their UK7,5 as a EU41. I am used to seeing UK7,5 as a EU42.

12. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

You may be right I also asked him to join the MTO and he replied once and then has not been around for 2-3 days.

I don't mind I am still waiting for meermin to talk to me about my sizing... I hope you guys don't order without me [​IMG]

But yea I am new to the MTO and am not really sure what are all the options that you guys decided on.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

I wish meermin still did the 'stock model change leather color for free' deal they used to.

14. Geran Brown

Geran Brown Senior member

Is there a chart to show MM equivalent to shoe size (US & International sizing)?

15. brillopad

brillopad Senior member

I don't know anything about the AE 1 last, but if you're narrow in the AE5 then I would go a full size down from that. I wear an 8.5D or E in AE 5 last and Meermin Hiro/Olfe were just a touch too narrow in a 7.5, so I went with 8. If you don't have wide feet then you can probably go down one full size from your "normal" US size, whatever that is. Every person is different, though, so it's hard to give great size advice. Hopefully that helps a little.

1 person likes this.
  16. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

Looks like that is what I'll have to do. I have heard some people saying that they should have gone down 1.5 from the PA size but they may have just had super thin B/A with feet.

Since for me D fits fine. C is nice and snug. and B is possible to get my foot in but hurts a bit. I guess the 1 size down metric will be my best bet.

So Ill buy an 8UK in the Hiro.

Thank you for your help!!!!!

17. sarteaga

sarteaga Senior member

Quote:I think this might be the case as well. I know he replied to beraqueezy about them as well. I hopefully get a PM soon but I really do want to be part of this MTO to the point that both beraqueezy and I are putting the austerity brogue in museum calf on hold for a few months lol

18. leetpuma

leetpuma Senior member

19. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Can't be much harder than polishing? Would love your easy guide on how make regular calf to museum calf. The way I have seen it done before, the leather needs to be stripped down with something like bleach or acetone, and then redyed using various colours over various layers, and then it needs to be polished. Usually, this ends up looking subpar unless your an artisan.

1 person likes this.
  20. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Gents, I'm back in business and it indeed looks like we are enough members to pull the MTO off after the recent surge in interest (must be the bad weather everywhere =)). Setup is as shown previous on the poster: Dark brown (Argentinian) shell brown balmoral boots Olfe last (let me confirm with Pepe if we can include option for Hiro) Speed hooks Double leather sole (again, can check if variations are available) Should look like this (from their Instagram): [​IMG] Early interest (pls confirm you are still in): p.henrik (yes) Osiris (I assume yes) Laufer ianGP Newcomers to the MTO: Sarteaga (in) Leetpuma (in, subject to confirming sizing) Gnis (in) BeraQueezy (in) I will email Pepe now to confirm with him individual customization options, payment details (upfront/when ready) and lead time. Anyone else wanting to jump on the bandwagon - now is the time before summer is here again!