1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Here are some more photos. The New Ray fits a better in the AM, apologies for crappy pics.

[​IMG]
    Lobb (7000 Last) in the middle

[​IMG]
    EG/RLPL (888Last) in the middle

[​IMG]
    C&J Northcote (348 Last) in the middle

[​IMG]
    C&J Finsbury (341 Last) in the middle

[​IMG]
    DC Lewis Porter in the middle

New Ray
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ama
    [​IMG]

Thinking about a burgundy leather and dark brown suede EG Oundle knock-off

2. Naka

Naka Senior member

How's the finishing compared to DC Lewis, if you don't mind me asking?

3. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

hey guys, I paid on sunday, still no shipping confirmation.

Any idea how long this usually takes?

thanks.

4. kashmir

kashmir Senior member

Can I actually order models that are not in the website? How can I browse other models? (overseas order)

5. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

Just picked mine up, I think I shouldve went with a 8UK, there is ever so slight heel slippage, but the width is perfect :(

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I will check later. But on a quick glance, they are comparable. Meermin-I really like the quality of the leather on my pair. The soles are well done, polishing is uniform. If not for the width, at the toe box, easy keeper. So much so, that I am thinking about getting them stretched and keeping them. I am not a fan of having to ship back, but if I do I'l apply the money towards an MTO pair.

7. justinkapur

justinkapur Senior member

looks pretty good on the new rey, but I can see that it is much narrower than some of your other beauties. So I guess now decisions decisions.

8. stevent

stevent Senior member

Added myself

9. stevent

stevent Senior member

Mine was next day although pepe hasn't replied to my emails yet for the past few days so maybe they are busy

10. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

My suede wholecut was shipped today with FedEx confirmation. I paid about 10 days ago and was advised by Jose that my size will be delivered in 10 days. They're pretty busy it seems

11. stevent

stevent Senior member

Getting a pair of monks made in the cuero cordovan on the right. What edge dressing would be best?
    [​IMG]

12. Jacke

Jacke Well-Known Member

I paid 3 days ago for the dark brown double monks and they are on its way to me right now. So I think it all depends on which shoe and size you have ordered.

13. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

The nice thing about their current arrangement is they control their products start to fulfillment. Brokers with tell you otherwise, but the fact is, you lose total control of your products once others begin selling it. You can't police how it is positioned and there is nothing to stop vendors (aside from pricing floor maps which are pretty hard to enforce if you are distributing around the world). Shop/store owners want margin, and if they can squeeze more out of your product they will. A product like Meermin's could be sold in America at twice the price, which, as you said, bleeds the value out over time. I'm not saying there aren't good honest brokers out there who adhere to the rules, I'm jus saying.

The downside of their current arrangement is that they don't have the distribution they could acquire through wholesale.That being said, with labor as cheap as it is in Spain, Meermin could certainly build a big on line business if they expand their fulfillment capabilities in Spain and expand their website both on the front end and on the back end.

Direct to customer usually offers the least headaches and the most margin. My dot coms are by far the most profitable and least worrisome part of my business.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  14. david3558

david3558 Senior member

Steven, I'd pick antique trim.

15. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we all wake up one morning and classics are 225 euros, with LM at 350 euros.

16. david3558

david3558 Senior member

17. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

I'm thinking about ordering a pair of burgundy cordovan bluchers with rubber sole for foul weather wear, would have to go MTO for that I'd guess. Now I just have to decide on last and whether I want a plain toe or an apron. I guess one could craft up something similar to the EG Dover, might end up pretty nice. Any ideas or suggestions?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  18. stevent

stevent Senior member

They make one that is somewhat similar but on a chunkier last:
    [​IMG]

19. Frank the sheep

Frank the sheep Senior member

Haha...i sent a email yesterday with that exact request :D

20. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

Yeah, that was pretty much what I was considering, but I think I would go with the Ama last instead.