• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^looking good TS. You after the Simpson toe shape? Last looks wide enough for my blobby feet, but the waist tapers nicely. I am only worried about height of arch, especially with wholecuts.

Could you post side on pictures to gauge arch height? And also top down pictures for width taper? Of the sample monk shoe, not the last.

Thanks for the great job so far.

Swede66

Reaction score

Quite like Carmina Rain. I in a way agree with the fact that its a bit too square; maybe will work on it to be a bit more refined in the toebox are. Below are some pictures of a sample shoe lasted on this last; again will appreciate feedback and suggestions on this last
smile.gif
The shoe below reminds me of the C&J Lowndess in the 348 last and the slight bump reminds me of the Carmina Simpson last and a bit of the Vass U-last

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^looking good TS. You after the Simpson toe shape? Last looks wide enough for my blobby feet, but the waist tapers nicely. I am only worried about height of arch, especially with wholecuts.

Could you post side on pictures to gauge arch height? And also top down pictures for width taper? Of the sample monk shoe, not the last.

Thanks for the great job so far.

Looks pretty good so far, terrorsquad.

Thanks guys. Pete, I was actually going for the TG73 look (similar to the picture below) but the Simpson last/Vass U-last is a close second. But certain adjustments will still be made to the last so that it has a nice chiseled look to it rather then looking too square toed

With regards to the pictures, I will try to ask Pepe to provide the requested pictures once he has finished the shoe. Also, I will ask him to give an indication of the height of the arch for maybe a size UK8 for the last; maybe that will help in a way.

Let me know if you guys have any further input regarding this proposed last and I will discuss it with Pepe
smile.gif

Last edited:

wombus

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Pete, I was actually going for the TG73 look (similar to the picture below) but the Simpson last/Vass U-last is a close second. But certain adjustments will still be made to the last so that it has a nice chiseled look to it rather then looking too square toed

With regards to the pictures, I will try to ask Pepe to provide the requested pictures once he has finished the shoe. Also, I will ask him to give an indication of the height of the arch for maybe a size UK8 for the last; maybe that will help in a way.

Let me know if you guys have any further input regarding this proposed last and I will discuss it with Pepe
smile.gif
Given your goal and where you're at, I think you're doing a fantastic job. More than happy to put my faith in what you come up with in consultation with Pepe!

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Given your goal and where you're at, I think you're doing a fantastic job. More than happy to put my faith in what you come up with in consultation with Pepe!

+ 1

I think his developing a new last and where TS is currently at in pushing the present standards is already laudable in its self. Measurements of the height of the arch? That's next level stuff and detail -- I wouldn't know how to measure that on mine, or if provided with measurements, wouldn't know how to determine if it's a good match for my feet or not. Ha.

Last edited:

Feathersmc

Reaction score
Very pleased to see that Pepe labels it an E-width last for us slightly wider footed individuals.
I hope it doesn't turn out too elongated, like the 348 which is, after a year in action, just too long IMHO... more in favor of the TG73 shown.

I sized downed on my Northcote boots (from my usual 8 UK to 7½ UK). Here it is compared to (from left to right): C&J Northcote 348 last, C&J Westfield 341 last, Meermin Ama last and the museum calf on the Olfe last.

Thanks TS for the time you are putting into this!

Bert

Action shot of the museum calfs, great great value for money.

Wynyo

Reaction score
I in a way agree with the fact that its a bit too square; maybe will work on it to be a bit more refined in the toebox are.

Below are some pictures of a sample shoe lasted on this last; again will appreciate feedback and suggestions on this last
smile.gif
The shoe below reminds me of the C&J Lowndess in the 348 last and the slight bump reminds me of the Carmina Simpson last and a bit of the Vass U-last

Beautiful ! It looks great and sweet.

Wynyo

Reaction score
Order for a Rapello Suede Tassel Loafer (RON last) and a Double Monk (HIRO last) was place on May 2, initiated to the system on May 8, paid on May 23. The two shoes will be delivered in the next 5-7 days. Can't wait to see them.........Hopefully I won't be shocked by defects.

Jokanevad

Reaction score
Great work Terrorsquad! I think the last shape on the pictures will work quite well! However I'm not the biggest fan of the TG73 but i LOVE the MH71. As long as its not too extremley chopped off I think it will be a slam dunk! /Signed up

burghler

Reaction score
+ 1

I think his developing a new last and where TS is currently at in pushing the present standards is already laudable in its self. Measurements of the height of the arch? That's next level stuff and detail -- I wouldn't know how to measure that on mine, or if provided with measurements, wouldn't know how to determine if it's a good match for my feet or not. Ha.
+1 for TS' efforts and for bboys comment. I'd be interested in knowing the instep height as well but wouldn't know how to determine if they'd fit a high instep/high arch foot. Any guidance?

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
Just awaiting a few more members to give me their full details, and then the Brown Museum Calf MTO Mk.II will be sent to Pepe, and he'll get in contact from there.

If anyone else is interested, they are more than welcome to join. Just shoot me a PM!

Cheers,

Alex

PS: TS that last is looking great!

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 for TS' efforts and for bboys comment. I'd be interested in knowing the instep height as well but wouldn't know how to determine if they'd fit a high instep/high arch foot. Any guidance?

So sorry but what I meant was the obtaining the measurements for the instep of the last! Once I do, will let others know and how to measure their instep.
smile.gif

Beautiful ! It looks great and sweet.

Thanks!

What width is the Olfe Last considered? I have that and AMA and if AMA is E, it's too wide for my D foot.

Great work TS.

Gyasih, I will check with Pepe on this.

EDIT; Email sent to all participants of the plum museum calf MTO!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads