• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

havingaraveup

Reaction score
Belts belts belts. I only have 2 suits with belt loops but could probably use a new belt. Haven't buy a belt for a decade now.

p.s., it was both pattern making and clicking problem caused by both new pattern and new material. My suede MTO from last year had no such problems.
It's a nice idea not to need belts, and I think when people take it so seriously (the epidemic of people needing to buy matching belt for their chili AE's is a good example) it makes it all the more worthwhile not to need a belt. But I have maybe 3 belts that I wear regularly and I love wearing them. I'd love a museum belt, but it seems like meermin's width is 1 1/4", which is too wide for me.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think that the example of Meermin's suede adelaide above would be great for the plum museum calf. With the brown museum calf, the broguing highlights the quality of the leather, rather than obscuring it, and I particularly like how I think that heel counter would look in plum. The finishing on the cap on the brown museum calf could be better (as could some of the other finishing), but that's what you get at this price, and from any distance at all, the issues aren't really noticeable. I also think that going with a pattern with which Meermin is familiar should help. Just my $0.02.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think that the example of Meermin's suede adelaide above would be great for the plum museum calf. With the brown museum calf, the broguing highlights the quality of the leather, rather than obscuring it, and I particularly like how I think that heel counter would look in plum. The finishing on the cap on the brown museum calf could be better (as could some of the other finishing), but that's what you get at this price, and from any distance at all, the issues aren't really noticeable. I also think that going with a pattern with which Meermin is familiar should help. Just my $0.02.

The suede Adelaide with peaked counters have gimped edges. And they already should have the pattern since my order long ago. Just need to fix the pattern cutting so the grain isn't weakened at the different directions.

One of the problem with the Museum Calf MTO pattern is the lack of seam allowance at the toe cap, but its minor.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I do like the Chapel better than the Vale in most cases, but I think the plum museum calf is showy enough that the more subdued design of a the Vale fits better.

I would be in for a double monk such as the Chapel. I like the Vale, but it is so similar to the DC Lewis version, I don't think it makes sense to use a MTO order on it.

I am game for belt.

http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-monkstrap.html#

PapaRubbery

Reaction score
To those interested in the Museum Calf MTO, I have received the following email from Pepe:

Quote:

Yes, yesterday I talked with the organizer of last MTO group and he stated you were about to contact me requesting to organize a new group, and as I told him for us there is no inconvenience and we gladly accept your request of producing the group order.

On Monday I will contact Ilcea to check out the current delivery times/production schedule on the Radica and I will let you know, the estimate time of delivery for that order.

Regarding the pair which needs to be wider, we can use the Hiro last with no inconvenience or that last wouldn't be enough wide neither?

#1.- Here are the details of the order:

Collection: Made To Order
Style: Punched cap toe Oxford as last MTO group
Last: Olfe
Upper Leather: Ilcea Radica Calf in Dark Brown 01
Lining: Dark Purple calf
Construction: GY-2/ Handwelted
Sole: Single leather soles (close channel)
Sole finishing: Planta Paloma '7 clavos'
Welt: Flat
Edge finishing: Matching with the uppers
Eyelets: 5
Custom Text in shoe: Customers choice
Custom Text on sole: Customers choice
Expected time: *We depend on delivery time of the Leather. I will talk to them on Monday.

#2.- I will need you to provide me the following information of each participant:

- Full name

- Email address or Paypal address
- Shipping address
- UK sizing
- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)
- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.

#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:

- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)

- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) = 61,98€(VAT excl.)
- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)

#4.- Shoes Pricing:

- Non EU residents: 260€(VAT excl.)

- EU residents: 330€(VAT incl.)

#5.- Shipping costs, for that group buy I will offer you guys, half price on the shipping costs, so:

- USA & Canada: 17.,5€

- Europe: 10€
- Asia: 20€
- Australia & NZ: 22,5€
- Others: ASK

Regarding the payment, as per the previous order, will be made 100% upfront, but I won't start proceeding the requests until I have the confirmation of the delivery times from Ilcea and your approval of the delivery times, then we will confirm the order and proceed with the requests, to move the order forward.

As soon as I speak with the tannery and I have the info regarding delivery times/production schedule I will let you know and we will move the order forward, but I insist I prefer to have the confirmation on a estimated delivery time from Ilcea before moving the order forward.

Finally I want to thank you guys for your interest in Meermin, we really appreciate what you are doing. Please pass our regards to all the participants & enthusiasts of Styleforum.

Best regards & have a nice weekend Sir,

Pepe Albaladejo

So, for those interested, if they could send the following to me as a PM, I will collate them all and move forward with the ordering:

- Full name
- Email address or Paypal address
- Shipping address
- UK sizing
- Text to be typed on the lining (Name, initials,...)
- Solid brass pegged monogram on the waist.

#3.- And also if any of them request for any of the following extras:

- Regular Meermin shoe trees: 35€(VAT incl.) = 28,93€(VAT excl.)

- Lasted shoe trees (Minimum 10-12 pairs): 75€(VAT incl.) = 61,98€(VAT excl.)
- Flushed toe caps installed: 20€(VAT incl.) = 16,53€(VAT excl.)

If you are unsure of size, email Meermin a scanned outline of your foot, with dimensions and they should be able to further advise.

When I respond to Pepe, I will ask about the Museum Calf belt.

For those who have PM'ed me, wanting to be part of the MTO - you are welcome to join, please PM with the above form, filled in with your details.

Cheers,

Alex

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I received my museum calf shoe but they do not fit me. If anybody is looking for Dark Brown Museum calf in Hiro last size 10 let me know.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For single monk they already have burgundy olfe version in production and IMO the style looks quite elegant.

I have a burgundy austerity brogue (first group buy MTO with Meermin) and the colour is really nice. Though this will not stop me lusting for plum museum calf; I saw it in person yesterday and I'm even more excited to get both pairs (adelaide and single monk) for this group buy
lol8[1].gif

One of the problem with the Museum Calf MTO pattern is the lack of seam allowance at the toe cap, but its minor.

I think this is one issue I would raise with Pepe;hopefully it can be improved for the next round. However, it seems that there are concerns on the brogueing on the toe cap. I will speak with Pepe and raise these concerns with him if we do indeed go forward with the G&G design
smile.gif
My only issue with the Carmina design is that for lasts such as Olfe, it will look really elongated and a bit funny when it is a plain toe. But that is just my personal opinion on it.

I agree with this
smile.gif

Guys,

I received my museum calf shoe but they do not fit me. If anybody is looking for Dark Brown Museum calf in Hiro last size 10 let me know.

Laufer, thats such a shame
frown.gif

MoldyBiscuit

Reaction score
I vote for the Carmina style.

The G&G looks nice but I don't trust Meermin to do a good looking perforated toe cap. Sorry to say, but the quality of toe caps that were shown on the brown museum calf look like ****.

Maybe a compromise? Take the brogue style of G&G but have it punched on the upper without the cap toe, sort of similar to the shoe below.

Seconded. Putting forward a previous MTO with a clean design to show off the museum calf. I like the idea of just the perforations, showing off that it's still a wholecut. (medallion instead of toe cap)

And I believe these are the Carmina adelaides with medallion-

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Alternatively, just send them to me; sounds like they're my size.

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a weird crease going on with one of my museums. Serious anticlimax :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads