Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Purple? Awesome.

I imagine, given the cost/scarcity of the museum calf, the price of the shoe would be substantially above their LM price point anyway.

I'm happily pay the MTO price for a pair of these. They look fantastic. Very jealous.

2. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

If I understood the posts correctly, the MTO was made on Olfe, right?

@gyasih, first of all, thank you a lot for the comparison pictures. They are very helpful for those who are not lucky enough to be able to attend a trunk show.
    Before you posted the pictures you mentioned to own a pair of JL7000 shoes but then in your comparison they didn't show up.
    I would be much interested in pictures not "only" showing Olfe, Vass F and EG 82 but also JL 7000.
    Finally, if you own any of them - Hiro, Carmina Forest or Carmina Alcudia - would be other lasts of interest for myself.

3. ktown

ktown Senior member

Just thought I'd post a pic of my new Meermin shoes in the wild. This is after 4 or 5 wears. The Olfe last fits my foot much better than the Hiro.

[​IMG]

4. laufer

laufer Senior member

Yes and I think austerity brogue in plum museum calf would look great.

5. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

Really nice! Thanks!!!

6. Zarium

Zarium Senior member

I can't wait for my pair to ship!

7. TehBunny

TehBunny Senior member

MA vs Rui last in terms of fit.
    I own a pair of shoes on the AMA last (Suede Wholecut) and would like to retain that slim heel with some increased width in the waist; is the RUI good for this?
    If the rui has a heel which is a tiny bit more slim it would be even better; even though in last terms this seems impossible would the fact that the AMA is an Oxford make the heel of the rui lasted shoe which I'm planning to get slimmer as derbies usually have a greatness sizing variation because of the open lacing?
    How goes the delivery time? I ordered a great while ago; back when the orders where done through emails etc. and it took quite a while.

8. florschubert

florschubert Senior member

HI i am new member from Dublin Ireland.

Bought these shoes (Leather sole) http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=4069 4 weeks ago but now realize i need 9.5 instead of 10.

Asking 80 EUR plus shipping.

See pictures below

As reference i wear 9 in C&J Pembroke.

Last edited: May 7, 2013

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I no longer have the JL7000. For JL 7000 comparison to AMA and New Rey, look at post #801. I think you saw my Olfe comparison post #3557. I will check later to see what I can compare to. I don't own any Carmina, at the moment.

Lasts I currently own:
    EG-888,82, 606
    JL-?
    C&J-337
    AS-724, 104
    Meermin-AMA and Olfe
    G&G-MH71, TG73
    Vass-F

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

10. Louis XIV

Louis XIV Senior member

Thanks for the hint regarding post #801, I did indeed not know about it.

I am not a fan of overly sleek or chiseled lasts.
    New Rey for example seems too narrow and elongated for my liking.
    C&J 348 is too chiseled, as is EG 888.

I own a pair of Vass F last and like it, as I did the C&J 337 last when I tried on a pair. C&J 341 too looks very interesting, as do EG 82 and 202.
    I am not familiar with the AS and G&G lasts.

JL 7000 seems to be the sweet spot between sleekness and a conservative look.
    Would you agree Olfe is it's equivalent and Hiro similiar but slightly wider?

Last edited: May 6, 2013

11. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

My tassel loafers arrived last week, and I finally got a chance to wear them, as the weather is great today! All in all the whole process took 1,5 months.
    The loafers look absolutely amazing, the color and suede are very nice. The construction quality is definitely not what you'd expect from €170 shoes, it's much, much better.
    The last is a little narrow, especially in the toebox area. They fit a little snug when I put them on this morning, but they've stretched out a little during the day, and they fit perfectly now. If I sized up half a size they probably would've been too big.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. striker

striker Senior member

I hope they offer the tassel loafers in navy suede with unifinished welts soon.

13. MoldyBiscuit

MoldyBiscuit Active Member

[​IMG]

http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1951

I've been eyeing this pair for a while now. Can someone comment on whether the colour is somewhat darker like on the meermin website or as the photo above? Also, any idea of brands- lasts I can try on to get an idea of the fit would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

14. Syeknom

Syeknom Senior member

They look really excellent, nice one

15. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

Dear gentlemen,

Excuse me for interrupting the conversation. I'm considering group MTO the 9 eyes balmoral boots that are same/ similar with EG shannon (i.e. punched captoe, leather+suede or all leather, double leather sole with toe tap, etc.) I've already gathered 4 or 5 orders. So if anyone's interested, please PM or reply me... I'm hoping we can get this case finished in 2 weeks.

(according to Pepe, the more orders we have, the more variation he could do)

Cheers
    Ian