Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. calidist

calidist Senior member

That's not a good sign. These are lined suede so they likely will not stretch as much as you'd like. I'd exchange for a 1/2 size up.

2. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

Just received two pair of Linea Maestro shoes (burgundy side-laced oxfords and black wholecut oxfords) which took just over 40 days to deliver and came in perfect condition. My wife said they looked like works of art and I have to say they're downright sexy. The only problem with shipping occurred due to the inclusion of a jar of Saphir shoe crème which caused FedEx to require that I send them a toxic safety compliance release form, but that only slowed delivery by one day so no worries.

It seems to me that Meermin is getting back on track with delivery times and I've never experience a problem with quality control with any of my four pairs. Consider me a very happy customer.

3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Awesome! A good news story! Wear in good health and post pics or it never happened :D

4. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

Ok, yet ANOTHER sizing question! I'm placing an order for 2 pairs, one the long wing blucher on the Rui last, and the dark brown double monk on the Hiro last, both linked below. So my foot measures a touch over a sz US 9 on the brannock, and probably the narrower side of C, which causes the bulk of my issues. When searching for shoes i generally have to default to an 8.5d and hope it's long enough so as to not crush my pinky toes. I exchanged an email with Luisa, and I should probably trust the expert, but I wanted to get real world experience from anyone with a very narrow foot. For reference, in an AE 5 Last, I get a bit of discomfort in the pinky toe, but it's not a terrible fit. My AE LaSalles on the 8-108 are definitely tighter than any of my shoes on the 5 in an 8.5d, to the point where I'd definitely investigate a new size next time around. My foot measures about 10.4in at it's longest and under somewhere just under or over 3.5in at it's widest.

Luisa suggested the length in both shoes should be good in a UK7.5 and even suggested insoles for width. What do you guys think? I've gone from thinking UK7.5 on both to UK 7.5 on the LWB and UK8 on the Double Monk, to UK8 on both, and now finally back to the 7.5.

http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1958
    http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2338

5. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

If you feet measure a little over 9 with a C width, why don't you just buy AE shoes in 9C instead of 8.5D? I wouldn't be surprised they don't fit you well! Personally, I'm hamstrung by the fact that almost nobody makes a 13.5 length.

One of my feet is a half size longer than the other. In my (accidental, see above) experience, I found that down 1.5 from US size was too short, down 1 was the correct length. I also think Hiro is too wide for a C width foot, but maybe an insole would work. I don't have any experience using insoles with dress shoes.

6. joiji

joiji Senior member

I'd be tempted to try Olfe/New Rey to start if I had a below average width foot.

7. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

How is the Museum Calf MTO going?
    Fingers crossed for shipment to begin in May?

I just got burnt with another pair of MTO's that the maker stuffed up so I am itching to get something in my hands.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Meermin or another maker?

9. chimaki

chimaki Well-Known Member

Accessibility to normal D widths vs Cs in B&M stores.

10. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Mantorii.
    They got the width right, fucked up the length.

I am quietly confident in the Meermin MTO as it is a normal size shoe shoe for them, they are using an existing last and making it to their standard size.

11. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

I've just paid for my double monks, could anyone give me an idea of how long the wait will be from here? I'm in the UK

12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Should be about a week-10 days

13. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

Ordered March 29
    Paid April 17
    No shipping confirmation yet

14. itraxx

itraxx Senior member

Thanks for the replies. My order experience thus far is as follows:

Placed order 18 April
    Paid 24 April, received invoice 5 mins ago
    Awaiting shipping confirmation

Could this be a new speed record for Meermin?

15. steffenbp11

steffenbp11 Senior member

that´s enviably fast. I ordered an in-stock item on april third, which I was told would ship witihin a week. Now it's been almost three weeks since it "was introduced into the system". Oh well, as long as the shoes are nice I'll cope..