1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Senior member

2. wombus

wombus Well-Known Member

Mostly the reason they don't is because of the cost of carrying inventory - Meermin have stated this publicly (it's also the reason for not having more variety in RTW designs) The MTO program is pretty good, and still comes out to a pretty good price. I'd also expect to see a few more boots come as fall/winter approaches.

3. europrep

europrep Senior member

I am considering my first order and wear a 9.5E U.S. Would you suggest sizing up to the 9UK for the extra width in the Hiro?

4. REguy

REguy Senior member

2 people like this.
  5. chogall

chogall Senior member

8.5 Double Wide. If they don't (they prob don't), than 9 UK Wide.

6. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Thanks for the information, Meermin.

Have one more question. What's the typical delivery time for a pair of shoes to Portugal? I'll be there for 2 weeks and was wondering if they would arrive within 14 days.

7. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

And have a question for everybody else. Where would you rate the linea maestro line to Carmina's offerings?

8. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Senior member Affiliate Vendor

^ Pretty good but not quite up there in terms of leather quality and general build quality. Still nice and the fact they can install sunken toe taps is definitely a bonus for me.

Speaking of which -

Some new Meermins today, snuff suede Austerity brogue. Happy bar an issue on the front left toe with the suede, which I am emailing them about now. Won't get a wear until next week when I'm back from holidays.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. pkmntrainerharr

pkmntrainerharr Member

Bummer... My order just arrived today and I was happy they didn't charge me on the spot. I guess I'll get the damage in a few weeks...

Anyways, just got two pairs of RTW Classics—the black oxford (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2033) and the snuff rapello suede (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2749) in 7.5 Hiro... My first ever dress shoe purchase (I'm in college)! They were fine lengthwise but really narrow at the toes :fu: hopefully it stretches a little bit after a few wears.

10. pkmntrainerharr

pkmntrainerharr Member

Bummer... My order just arrived today and I was happy they didn't charge me on the spot. I guess I'll get the damage in a few weeks...

Anyways, just got two pairs of RTW Classics—the black oxford (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2033) and the snuff rapello suede (http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2749) in 7.5 Hiro... My first ever dress shoe purchase (I'm in college)! Ordered them June 29th, finished July 23rd, sent out 25th, arrived 29th!

Shoes were nicest pairs I've ever owned (but then again, I've never had real shoes before). As for the fit, they were fine lengthwise but really narrow at the toebox :fu: hopefully it stretches a little bit after a few wears.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  11. RDiaz

RDiaz Senior member

The calf leather Carmina uses doesn't seem to be all that good, and LM are hand welted while Carminas are machine welted and gemmed - I think LM is up there with Carmina's calf offerings, if not better. Shell is a whole different story though...

12. chogall

chogall Senior member

LM MTO is better than Carmina IMO, despite one out of two dissatisfactory experience regarding museum calf leather usage. Otherwise Meermin is very generous and flexible with customizable options.

13. venividivicibj

does meermin have more styles than are currently online though (so i dont have to do MTO)? because if I have to get MTO carmina, it makes the price basically on par with C&J and Carmina RTW options.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Think their tumblr has more options. In my experience they'll also make a style in a different leather without MTO charge. Dunno what you could be looking for that isn't on the site in some form tho

15. venividivicibj

Oh okay I didn't know about the leather switch for no charge, that makes more sense now.

16. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Don't hold me to that info tho, my order was a year ago, things may have changed!

17. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

I didn't think they sold wide sizes...

18. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

MTO with last change only I think. Would run you an extra 150 Euros

19. aravenel

aravenel Senior member

Right, that was my understanding as well.

20. Bureaucrat

Bureaucrat Senior member

Finally!

As previously noted, I went for the "boring" black calf double monks, and today was the day they arrived. Might as well give my review on the fit, quality and overall experience.

This is the timetable for my shoes:

• 04/jul/2013 Order introduced into the system.
    • 04/jul/2013 Order initiated.
    • 14/jul/2013 Order paid.
    • 23/jul/2013 Order finished.
    • 23/jul/2013 Order send it.

And 1 week later i received the shoes. On first sight, the shoes look and feel amazing. Very stiff leather (as someone already mentioned) and will probably take some breaking in. Loake's Capitol last is pretty close to the Hiro last IMO. When it comes to shoes, it seems that everyone feels that the quality could always be better. But these shoes are a real bargain for the price.These shoes are truly as good as it gets for the one that can't afford 800€+ shoes, or even C&J. I rate the quality as somewhere between Loake 1880 and C&J.

I feel that the leather quality could be a bit better, but frankly it doesn't need to be. You get what you pay for, and when it comes to these shoes, you get a hell of a lot more than you pay for. I seriously recommend Meermin to everyone. Next up Linea Maestro or a pair of MTOs.

Here's a few shots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]