Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

I ordered mine on December 24, and still haven't gotten them. They said they would be ready to ship in about 1.5 weeks from now. I've heard anything from a week to 4 months so it depends on what you order and when you order it.

2. Monkeyface

Monkeyface Senior member

Fair enough, I just wish they'd keep me updated on the process. If they advertise a 30 day period, then they should notify me if they are not able to make that, and give me a new delivery date.

That sounds really bad! I might as well cancel my order if the loafers won't arrive before summer!

3. Jazz3Pickz

Jazz3Pickz Active Member

Well given what I've heard, they're worth waiting for! Besides, I think they have started to get it rolling again with quality control etc. So I would be very surprised if you had to wait as long as me. At least for me, I can't find any shoes in that price range that look half as good, so I'm pretty much stuck with them :)

4. Silhouette

Silhouette Senior member

I agree with the above and I'm willing to go as far as to call it ridiculous.

5. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

+1, that is krazy!! They need to communicate better. I am glad I ordered a few pairs before they became super popular and the MTOs have been delivered close to schedule.

6. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

On that note I might cancel my country boot order and double down on the austerity!

7. konda

konda Senior member

This is why I wanted to order the austerity boot MTO before the summer in the first place. To get it early fall.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Or at least before winter!

9. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

Cant wait to see pics of the country boot

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Its on the site!

11. calidist

calidist Senior member

I just received my first order from Meermin. I have a mixed first impression. I ordered both a pair of black NST bluchers (http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1946) and a pair of snuff chukkahs (http://www.meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2200). The bluchers are on the Rui but are significantly narrower than the chukkahs in the same size. They would fit a 8.5D well, but do not accommodate my 8.5E feet--I would hate to see how narrow the New Rey must be. I'll put these up for sale if someone wants them before sending them back to Spain. As a plus, I cannot find any irregularities or defects with them. They look great, but just don't fit. The chukkahs fit much better, similarly do no have any real irregularities or defects so I'll likely keep them. I also ordered a snuff belt, which is at least two inches shorter than the size I ordered. Oh well... By comparison, they compare favorably to calf AEs (the leather quality appears to be about the same, though the finishing on the Meermins is slightly better), though are certainly a step below calf Aldens.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2013

12. proximal

proximal Member

Classic Collection PTB

[​IMG]

I ordered these at the beginning of February and received today. First impressions are good. There are a couple minor issues (tiny nick in the leather at the top of one shoe and the ends of the welt could have been joined more smoothly) that aren't worth sending them back for. The website ( http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2341 ) says they have switched suppliers for the leather on this model but I'm not sure if this is the new or old. It's certainly brighter and has more contrast than what is shown on the website.

13. Silhouette

Silhouette Senior member

For people who have experience of both Meermin (Classic & LM) and Crockett & Jones (BG & HG), which brand do you perceive gives the most value? And by how much?

Kind regards,
    Johan.

14. spike66

spike66 Active Member

After many months.......my Meermins arrived.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013

15. Al in Philly

Al in Philly Senior member