1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Possible to get a couple of pictures of the country calf longwings? Would be highly appreciated.

2. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Hi Terror, do you have any update on the hatchgrain MTO?

3. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Hi Terror, will the Adelaides 1 come soon?

4. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

For the adelaide 1, its similar to the adelaide 2 except for the brogues.

So far, work is still in progress for the hatchgrain MTO but will update when I have news :)

5. griffon_id

griffon_id Senior member

Thanks! Look forward to receiving the news from the hatch-grain.

6. sauburbanscum

sauburbanscum Active Member

I wear a 10D in Alden Unlined Van lasted loafers and I am definitely a wide (EE), but due to them being unlined they stretched sufficiently. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on whether or not to go to a 9UK or 9.5UK. I have no desire to have to send them back if they don't fit, so I would to get as close to my size as possible.

7. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

Trace you feet w/socks, measure length and width in millimeters and then email Meermin. They will provide you with sizing and last guidance. That's your best bet.

If you are a EE, I'm guessing you will probably be wearing mostly Ama/Rui or wider lasts.

8. sauburbanscum

sauburbanscum Active Member

I have my heart set on the double monks on the Hiro last, and MTO is not an option as I am a college student and funds tend to be limited.

9. enjoiii

enjoiii Senior member

Who do I e-mail about MTO inquiries? I tried the contact box on the website and info@meermin over a week ago with no response. Is Betty the person to contact? Does anyone have her email?

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Pepe@meermin.es
    Betty is Carmina!!

11. smoothmoose

smoothmoose Senior member

As I have and other posters have noted with the Hiro last, it does seem more tight around the toes compared to the rest of the last. For me my big toe is shorter in length than my fore toe. Therefore even though width across my toes might be the same as others, I have more room for my big toe to rest against the side of the shoe. Of course everybody's foot is shaped differently. So for me my toes fit fine, the balls of my feet fit snug but comfortable, but the heel area is definitely a bit loose for me on Hiro. Some of it has to do with the fact the doublemonks can only fasten so far.

I still stand by the best advice is to not just send you sizing in another brand, but actually do trace of both your feet, find the largest measurements, highlight some areas in your foot that might be more unique and push the Meermin folks with specific questions on your foot sizing and the lasts you are interested in. As an FYI, i initially did a rough measurement and sent to Meermin and they suggest UK7.5 even though I normally US7.5. that raised a red flag for me, so I did an accurate trace, noticed I was off originally by a couple of millimeters then also highlighted in my foot tracing that my big toe is shorter and then they agreed the the proper size for me is UK7...and too be honest I might even be able to squeeze into a UK6.5, but I'm sure it will be tight.

Just like doing online MTM suits, the extra effort of measuring properly and taking extra pictures of shoulder slopes and stance, helps a lot of with MTM suits. Putting the extra effort in tracing and measuring your foot should lead to better fit for buying shoes online as well. By the way, don't use a thick pen or pencil to trace your foot, that'll add a few mm to your measurements as well.

12. snowboardpunk

snowboardpunk Senior member

So I got a pair of the light brown suede tassel loafers and they seem to be too small. I got a size 7.5 since I normally wear a 8.5 d in ae. Do they stretch enough? Or should I try to just sell them?

13. Matt Haynes

Matt Haynes New Member

LM double monks. Worn a handful of times. Took 3 months but they're great. Still waiting on shoe trees though.
    [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

14. Matt Haynes

Matt Haynes New Member

LM 10172. Yet to wear outside of the house but am very happy with the look, fit and quality.[​IMG]

15. chogall

chogall Senior member

Most times you won't know how good they fit until you walk a few miles in them. Unless you have very generic food shape. Or a professional shoe fitter.

16. Luisesp

Luisesp Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sorry about the low quality photo, I will try to post better ones with my camera at home.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  17. Hifilover

Hifilover Senior member

Got my classic dark brown double monk in hiro last recently. I am fully satisfied with it and am planning to order my next meermin. What is the fit of this LM comparing with the hiro last in classic series?

18. hanjin

hanjin Member

I placed an order for two pairs of shoes on may 5 and paid yesterday night.
    I must say that communicating with meermin can be downright frustrating sometimes.
    Don't get me wrong, Luisa is very nice and responds very quickly, and my case could very well be unique.

Earlier, I was told I would be paying for a single pair which was completed much earlier than the other.
    This way they would wait for me to determine if the sizing was right before sending the next pair and I wouldn't have to pay for shipping twice (very ideal situation in my opinion)
    In the end, they just waited until both pairs were completed before sending me the invoice [​IMG]
    Here's to hoping I don't get murdered on duties hehehe

19. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

It looks like they are too big for your feet, especially the left one. I would recommend to try an additional insole at least.

20. Luisesp

Luisesp Member

I agree with you and I appreciate the advice, the instep is too high for me on this shoes, I do feel that length and width is good. A half a size smaller would have been too tight for me. Thanks!