1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

2. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

3. Persedye

Persedye Active Member

What took so long to receive the shoes? Is this normal? I have no experience ordering from oversees...

4. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

No they are not, they are some cheap cedar ones I picked up somewhere. The fit is not particularly good, so I am on the lookout for a better set. Good to see some recommendations on the page.

5. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Seems to be a Meermin thing. I must have got unlucky and the shoe I wanted was at the end of the production request. My timescale:

• 03/abr/2013 Order introduced into the system.
    • 11/abr/2013 Order initiated.
    • 22/may/2013 Order paid.
    • 03/jun/2013 Order finished.
    • 03/jun/2013 Order send it.

No regrets, and as long as you anticipate the wait, then its not too bad. I wouldnt order if I had a deadline of when I needed the shoes without contacting Luisa first (with whom my correspondence was very fast and helpful), but knowing the ordering conditions and the finished product I would not hesitate to purchase again. Some of those blue suede wholecuts maybe? ;)

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  6. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

They are great. Go get them :)

7. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

[​IMG]

Is it just me or are those creases on the leather (not on the shoe)? [​IMG]

8. chogall

chogall Senior member

Yes. Both creases and Blood vessel marks.

9. Aidan K

Aidan K Senior member

Haha, need to come up with a way to sneak them past the wife, first...

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

What shoes are those?

11. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

Haha, I (fellow Swede) bought the exact same pair. I guess they are very Swedish. They're very nice, no QC issues whatsoever, but I wouldn't get another pair in the Ama last. Works for a casual shoe like that but wouldn't want to get anything remotely formal in that last - quite blobby.

Received my museum calf MTO two weeks ago. Overall very happy, small crease on the back part of the toe cap, but really nothing to complain about. Also takes Saphir polish very well. Close to a mirror shine going after only a few rounds.

12. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

Funny how taste differs. I actually find the Ama last to be quite sharp. From what I saw at the trunk show in May, the sharpest of their lasts next to Olfe. (And the very narrow and pointy New Rey).
    If I'd go for an MTO from Meermin I'd go with the Ama last for sure. Not that I am likely to since I can get a Vass at an only sligthly higher price.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
  13. esoxm

esoxm Senior member

Received my second pair of Meermins tonight, a pair of black wholecuts on the ama last, I'll post pics the first time I wear them out. I purchased these as seconds via ebay seller "goodyearshoes". He seems to consistently have a decent selection of different styles.

14. nomfup

nomfup New Member

Has anyone who's signed up for the second round museum calf MTO not received a payment request yet?

Thought I'd ask before I bugged Pepe, in case he's doing the payments in waves or summat. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  15. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

Thanks. Never saw those trees, but they may be a good option (I like the ring knobs).

16. Celadon

Celadon Senior member

17. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Hey mate,

I sent your details across to Pepe, but if you are concerned, perhaps email him with the details of your order that you PM'ed me.

He's very busy but he'll definitely get back to you.

Can't wait for these to happen :D

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Ozzy, something to think about with the pull tab. Written by DWFII, taken from AS Handgrade thread

You can also look at post #5615 on the G&G thread

TS, any updates on the plum order? Thanks

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  19. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I've submitted the list to Pepe and he has confirmed with me that he has received it. Paypal invoices will be sent on Monday as he is currently travelling;sample shoes for all of the designs will be made immediately and I will update all of you in this thread. The leather has already been ordered several weeks ago and this hopefully will speed up the process.

With regards to the hatchgrain MTO, I will be receiving the sample shoes on Monday; will inspect and see what needs to be modified and also take some pictures to be shared with all of you. Do note that this is only a sample shoe and is subject to changes. I will also take some rough measurements and make a comparison with the Olfe/Hiro and Ama last.

For the lasted shoe trees,I will ask Pepe on an update and if possible, send us pictures on how the shoe trees will look like; a part f me is hoping that it resembles John Lobbs latest shoe trees but we'll see [​IMG]

20. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks, very thorough as usual