• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EndlessBreak

Reaction score

Guys, sorry for the late pictures. Here are my Classic DBs in LIGHT brown. The color is very similar to my pictures, but they are quite a bit darker then the pictures on the website. Quite a lovely cognac/brown color. Comfortable, but a bit narrow. These were after 1 full day of wear.
Thanks for posting!

CanGren

Reaction score
Just received my shoes this morning!

2 weeks ago, I made a last minute request for Meermin to change my black wholecuts to a captoe, and told him I'd need them by this weekend.

Here they are!

Hiro Double Monks and Hiro Cap Toes. Compared to my Carmina Simpson Cap Toes.

There are a few imperfections on the shoes, and I can see why some SF members would demand an exchange. For me, it just isn't worth the hassle, and the quality of materials used on this line IMO far exceed that of Loake 1887, Barker, Cheaney, and AE, while the finishing is comparable. Also, IMO the Hiro last works much better on the monks than it does on the on the cap toe.

I still very much prefer the aesthetic details of my Carmina cap toes over the Meermin version, but they are over twice the cost.

For 135 Euros afer vat, these are an insane deal. I'm glad I can finally see what all the excitement is about.

Monkeyface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read through the first 100+ pages of this thread looking for info about the loafers. That search turned up a few pics of tassel loafers but nothing else besides questions.

My penny loafers (light brown calf, size 9.5) shipped today (ordered Feb 27). I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on the quality of construction, but I would be happy to take some detail pics once they arrive, which could still be some time from now.
I skimmed the thread too, but couldn't find much either. Anyway, I'm looking forward to your pictures!

joiji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Which sole is better for wet to dry conditions (going from wet outdoor to dry, possibly slicker indoor surfaces-York or Dainite?

Danite, imo. Full rubber > Combo of rubber/leather.

Clevland

Reaction score
I want to buy hiro double monk.
When I'm looking at his web side (size chart) I see- 9 UK- witdh 102mm, tall 289mm

Are they size larger than normal ?

Could you tell me 9 UK or 8,5UK will be good for me?

My foot is 27cm long, when I measure like this:

form:
http://www.markowski-chausseur.fr/manufacturing-w475-en.html

I have 9UK Markowski balmoral shoes, fit me like a glove- almost too small.
My foot looks:

(I will change this picture to the link or delete, after your answer)

The Rural Juror

Reaction score
I was just contacted by FedEx asking for help to fill out a customs footwear declaration.

Torsion

Reaction score
I should be receiving 2 pairs of the classic line in the next few days and will post the photos on here.
One dark brown dub monk and one punch cap oxford. Will be interesting to compare vs the shoes I have already which are all English made.

:cry: I am however in serious, serious trouble, after receiving 3 pairs this week and iminently another 2 pairs this will take my current rotation to about 15 and the wife is going to flame me!!

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should be receiving 2 pairs of the classic line in the next few days and will post the photos on here.
One dark brown dub monk and one punch cap oxford. Will be interesting to compare vs the shoes I have already which are all English made.

:cry: I am however in serious, serious trouble, after receiving 3 pairs this week and iminently another 2 pairs this will take my current rotation to about 15 and the wife is going to flame me!!

Haha! I feel your pain! Bought 5 pairs since joining SF (4 months ago) Missus caught me looking at a pair in b&s last night I feared for my life!

dufferin1

Reaction score
Haha! I feel your pain! Bought 5 pairs since joining SF (4 months ago) Missus caught me looking at a pair in b&s last night I feared for my life!
I want another pair as well! But as a second year college student, its tough. I have to actually save money but this damn forum has me addicted. I work for a major airport in advertising and sponsorship (intern for 4 months) and everyone looks at me and says, where did you get [insert article here].

My parents arent too happy. hahaha

REguy

Reaction score

attk

Reaction score

Got this dark brown oxford last 2 week and wear them few times. I am happy with the leather quality, however there is a disappointment that i found a crack between te welt and outsole along the shoes juz after few wearing , damn horrible with the craftmenship!

I know the price of my shoes is unexpectedly low compared with my other english shoes, but meermin need work harder on QC.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads