• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

calidist

Reaction score
My black calf oxfords on the Rui last arrived yesterday. Whilst it took two months from order to arrival, I'm glad I stuck it out.

I wanted to dip my toes in with the Classic, but now I've confirmed sizing (EEE fittings can be a pain) will take the plunge on a pair of the shell Linea Maestros.

Thanks for the lively discourse/recollections of your experiences, it was the push I needed to place the order.

[/IMG]

How did you size in these compared to other brands? Do they fit like a typical EEE width shoe?

Sneakerzoom

Reaction score

How did you size in these compared to other brands?  Do they fit like a typical EEE width shoe?
I can only compare it to an AE EEE (can't recall the last, sorry), and both fit acceptably!

I drew an outline of my foot, with measurements, and emailed it to them. They advised which lasts/sizes would be suitable, and were pretty much on the money.

henrikc

Reaction score

Sorry for probably the umpteenth post on this, I couldn't quite figure out a consensus be searching the thread. I want to check my sizing for the double monks (Hiro last). I'm a 10.5D in basically every dress shoe I've ever put on (AE especially). Looks like on the Meermin size chart I want the UK 9.5, but most other size charts say that US 10.5 should be UK 10. Go with the UK 9.5? I really don't want to get the size wrong as returns seem like a huge hassle.

Not familiar with AE lasts, but I'm a UK 9.5/US10.5 in Loake 024, 026 and Capital, and Hiro in UK9.5 fits me really well.
Would definitely go for 9.5 and not 10.

UnnamedPlayer

Reaction score
Any update on the Museum Calf MTO?

My brain needs pictures.

Last edited:

The Rural Juror

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of their loafers? I'm afraid of ordering them without being able to try them on. http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938

I read through the first 100+ pages of this thread looking for info about the loafers. That search turned up a few pics of tassel loafers but nothing else besides questions.

My penny loafers (light brown calf, size 9.5) shipped today (ordered Feb 27). I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on the quality of construction, but I would be happy to take some detail pics once they arrive, which could still be some time from now.

donjuan17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the fit and quality of their loafers? I'm afraid of ordering them without being able to try them on. http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1938

I read through the first 100+ pages of this thread looking for info about the loafers. That search turned up a few pics of tassel loafers but nothing else besides questions.

My penny loafers (light brown calf, size 9.5) shipped today (ordered Feb 27). I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment on the quality of construction, but I would be happy to take some detail pics once they arrive, which could still be some time from now.

I too will await for your comments and pics.

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will this lower, unemployment ?

vaclava krishna

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Where did, you learn, to punctuate? 

Your comma, usage, across the boards, is unique to say, the least.

Do you feel that, because of recession?

dufferin1

Reaction score
Guys, sorry for the late pictures. Here are my Classic DBs in LIGHT brown. The color is very similar to my pictures, but they are quite a bit darker then the pictures on the website. Quite a lovely cognac/brown color. Comfortable, but a bit narrow. These were after 1 full day of wear.

TheSizzle

Reaction score
Guys, sorry for the late pictures. Here are my Classic DBs in LIGHT brown. The color is very similar to my pictures, but they are quite a bit darker then the pictures on the website. Quite a lovely cognac/brown color. Comfortable, but a bit narrow. These were after 1 full day of wear.

I'm really liking that color, and it makes me think the tan would have been a good choice as well. Now, these pictures have me anxiously awaiting Meermin billing me so that I can look forward to some new double monks (not these). I might order those too though because, actually, if anything, narrow might work for my narrow heels.

Last edited:

dufferin1

Reaction score
I'm really liking that color, and it makes me think the tan would have been a good choice as well. Now, these pictures have me anxiously awaiting Meermin billing me so that I can look forward to some new double monks (not these). I might order those too though because, actually, if anything, narrow might work for my narrow heels.
The color is gorgeous. Wore them out for dinner with a nice navy SS suit, and the color really prevailed. Definitely got a lot of looks wearing them in Toronto.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads