1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. PapaRubbery

PapaRubbery Senior member

Just thought I'd bump with the additional people I found interested in this outside of SF.

At this rate we'll be ordering in days :D

2. mimo

mimo Senior member

Meermin is who - as least I think that was the point. Their Linea Maestro line are only available in a very narrow last (aside from the more expensive Norwegian and cordovan sub-lines). In contrast, their cheaper lines are available in a wider variety of shapes. They are by no means the only maker offering ever-longer and narrower lasts as the price and specs increase (yes, I mean you, Messrs G&G!), but they are certainly one of them.

Too true. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds cordovan slippers somehow amusing (now boys, make sure you don't get that extra-thick, extra-strong, extra impermeable shoe out in the wet now!).

3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

The shoe alone is €260 for those outside the VAT rip off zone (based on original MTO price in 12/12) The eurozone price was 330 plus 20 shipping and 10 for toe taps (half normal price)

1 person likes this.
  4. mimo

mimo Senior member

^^ Or another way to look at it~: 21% Spanish VAT removed from 360 gives you 297.52 Euros including taps and trees, but shipping costs may vary!

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  5. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Local taxes may vary too!

6. MoldyBiscuit

MoldyBiscuit Active Member

Malaysian studying in UK here. I'm curious about this. 360euros -VAT is about 284euros. Zarium, what was your cost breakdown? I'm thinking of hopping on the new MTO and have a pair delivered in UK and claim VAT [​IMG]

7. deelee

deelee Member

I'm not sure you can claim VAT on online goods shipped within the EU, unless you'd like to ship it to Malaysia and then carry it back to the UK :D Edit: Just remembered about this procedure, would this work?

8. joiji

joiji Senior member

Out of curiosity, if they're sourcing the hatchgrain from Horween, would Pepe be willing to do a MTO in Horween shell? I assume there would be a hefty cost associated, but I can only guess at how many here would be interested in one?

9. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Basically boils down to you can claim the VAT back if you bugger off out the country within 3 months of purchase and don't come back for a year!

10. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

I want to order the country calf boots (Ron last), but getting the size right seems like a gamble! I'm usually UK7-7.5. I have a pair of loake in uk7 on the capital last (pimlico chukka), which is a snug fit in both width and length.

Now, to make it difficult, I want to be able to some times wear thick wool socks in the country boots. Luisa suggested 7.5. On the other hand, a few people in this thread have said they size down 0.5 on the Ron last, saying it fits big. So.. Trust meermin? :happy:

11. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Country calf boot is on Rui last no? Fwiw I was sizing down half on those. (Cancelled :()

12. joiji

joiji Senior member

13. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

Right, Rui last! Always get those mixed up. Did you want a snug fit for your boots? (why cancel?? [​IMG]) Perhaps safer to just go with UK7 then, so I can still use them even if I can't wear thick wool socks.

14. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

15. lychyrychy

lychyrychy Senior member

LETS DO THIS!!!!! I can't believe I suggested the JL model and opted out of the group buy. Wont miss this one!

16. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

+1

17. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I found New Rey just slightly tight in my regular size so went tts in Olfe and half down in Rui to account for the extra width. I cancelled cos I ordered both versions of my group MTO boot and I've got the museum shoes coming on Friday. The other boots were an unjustifiable expense even tho I REALLY want them!!

1 person likes this.
  18. laufer

laufer Senior member

I am in for it too as long as we are talking about austerity brogue model like the one shown or the existing austerity brogue from Meermin lineup.

19. joiji

joiji Senior member

20. bboysdontcryy

bboysdontcryy Senior member

The original museum calf is nice (I have Lobbs in them). Now, the plum museum calf is a game changer. It's honestly rare to find shoes in it -- always sold out.