1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I did not ask but I'll try to get an estimate from Pepe on how long it will take. The shoe-tree maker is flooded with orders at the moment from other well known brands;at least that was what I was told.

Will start working on the hatchgrain project once everyone gets their museum calf MTO; I want feedback from all of you guys on what can be improved when you get your shoes so I can convey it to Pepe. Top on my list right now is getting a more chiseled last for the hatchgrain project.

Plum museum will be considered; in my mind it will look nice as a single or double monk [​IMG] But I will try to make to make each new MTO even better then the last one.

2. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

What started out as a great relationship has turned into an absolute nightmare. Shipping to incorrect addresses, sending the wrong size(s), no response unless you borderline stalk, etc.
    I own four pairs of Meermins; I dont think I will buy again. Takes to much effort at this point.

Last edited: May 7, 2013
  3. Ketawa

Ketawa Senior member

In my experience, the Hiro last is wider than a C width and is probably a D width in US measurements. My right foot is 13C in Allen Edmonds, and a 12 in Hiro last was too wide.

4. mikeharo

mikeharo Senior member

My dub monks were delivered last night. Ordered March 29, shipped May 2, delivered to Pennsylvania last night. I like them a lot so far and will post pictures and a more detailed review at some point. I ordered 7.5UK and the fit seems good on carpet. I wear 8 in Barrie, 8.5 in AE 5 last, and 7/7.5 fits well on the Forest last. So I would say order your US size on the UK scale (1 size down).

5. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

[​IMG]

I didn't even get trees or nothin'. But, I've waited this long that it's no big deal at this point.

6. deelee

deelee Member

MTO Balmoral Boot coming soon. Found via their FB stream. Light brown shell cordovan.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

I touched them in Stockholm

8. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

They will be available in black shell to.

9. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

They will only come in black

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Austerity boot boys. Update from Pepe: All deposits received and the project is in the MTO queue.

2 people like this.
  11. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Boo [​IMG]

12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

How long is the queue? I know they take vacation in August, I believe.

13. chogall

chogall Senior member

Neither. :(

14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I dunno, I'll ask

15. P-K-L

P-K-L Senior member

In case somebody is interested - here is their whole instagram account with other nice pictures: http://statigr.am/meerminmallorca

16. Rankiz

Rankiz Senior member

I already have a pair of suede tassel loafers, so I'd go with brown leather, but those suede ones with leather tassels seems nice.

[​IMG]

17. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

I am in for this! Keep me updated when this boot gets rolling.

18. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Thanks Ozzie.

I don't see any package movement with the MTO, I hope I wasn't excited for nothing. I was hoping for some Museum to clear up this soggy NYC day.

19. yambala

yambala New Member

Hi guys,

Long time lurker here, this topic really helped me out in buying my first pair, but now I might have a problem.
    So I'm hoping I could get someone's opinion about my pair I've recently bought, it seems like there's a manufacturing fault. There's a crack running through the upper(?), it goes like a inch down to the left, pointing to my heel, while on the other shoe(no foto) there's also a similar crack, but that one points to the front of the shoe. I'm not really sure if it's oké or a big no-no, should I ask pepe to look at these ?

[​IMG]

[​IMG](same shoe different angles)

Last edited: May 8, 2013
  20. stevent

stevent Senior member

Goofed by forgetting my museum MTO payment (100% sure I thought I paid but hard to keep track these days ) but luckily my pair was still made. Just paid now, hopefully they ship tomorrow