• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mikeman

Reaction score
Looking to pick up a pair of the brown double monks. Have a couple questions.

I usually take a 9.5D in Allen Edmonds- any sizing recommendations?

Also, is it simple and painless getting them shipped to the states?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OK, let me know when you find a last that fits you as if bespoke. Until then, you're making compromises on fit.

Let me introduce you to a new concept - Made To Order.

I have not heard back from any of you so I am assuming all the detailed invoices are correct and has been paid for
smile.gif

Ilcea leathers will soon be on the way and Pepe will send me pictures of the whole process for this MTO, which I will update all of you via this thread.

Thanks for the update. I paid mine. But please check with Pepe to make sure he got all the funds to proceed with the order.

Looking to pick up a pair of the brown double monks. Have a couple questions.

I usually take a 9.5D in Allen Edmonds- any sizing recommendations?

Also, is it simple and painless getting them shipped to the states?

Simple, yes. Painless, not always. I had to fill out LACEY and import form and paid FedEx ~10% for importing a pair of shoes and its shoe trees. Shoe trees are not worth it; not lasted, fits bad, etc.

Swede66

Reaction score

Anybody have any pictures of the dark brown double monks after some wear?

Been thinking about these for awhile wanted to see how they hold up.

I have the dark brown suede DM and used them for about sig months. They wear well. No pictures though.

Last edited:

Aieyric

Reaction score

Anybody have any pictures of the dark brown double monks after some wear?

Been thinking about these for awhile wanted to see how they hold up.

i can put up some in th evning , I'm gmt +2

Last edited:

fox81

Reaction score

I have not heard back from any of you so I am assuming all the detailed invoices are correct and has been paid for
smile.gif
Ilcea leathers will soon be on the way and Pepe will send me pictures of the whole process for this MTO, which I will update all of you via this thread.
yes all fine. i replied to pepe to confirm it was ok

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

smile.gif
All detail confirmed correct and invoice paid, Woo Hoo!!!

Marbles

Reaction score
Let me introduce you to a new concept - Made To Order.
This will be my last response to your idiotic posts on this subject - it's clearly dragging this thread down, however surely you know the difference between made to order and bespoke? The one where an existing block/pattern/last is modified to more closely suit your measurements, as opposed to your measurements being taken and a brand new, unique pattern/last being made based on those measurements, with no basis on anything pre-existing? Surely that knowledge is one of the first things you should learn on a forum such as this - assuming you didn't before.

There's a reason Meermin MTO costs ~350 Euro and a bespoke pair is 2000+

soso011

Reaction score
Hi everybody, quick question: Do Meermin's shoe sizes (ama last) correspond more or less to Loake 1880 (e.g. Mayfair )? thx

Last edited:

jakej

Reaction score
Nice! Aieyric. Have you treated them with anything or polished them since picking them up?

Aieyric

Reaction score

Nice! Aieyric. Have you treated them with anything or polished them since picking them up?

These have been polished a couple of times they have a couple of months on them in this picture (they look the same now, some months later)

mikeman

Reaction score
Aieyric, those look amazing. I can't believe I didn't see these shoes earlier.

Don't ever order internationally, so Im not sure. But will I have to pay a customs duty? Im in the states.

REguy

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm hexing myself, but I've never paid duty on an incoming shipment. From others' experiences, certain products tend to get nailed. I specifically didn't order shoe trees on the MTO because it seems wood products attract a lot of attention at customs.

Last edited:

jakej

Reaction score
Yeah it seems like everyone who orders trees has to pay. Some slip through unnoticed without trees.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads