• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Helylle

Reaction score
I recieved my rubbersoled longwings a couple of days ago. I have not used them for any long walks yet, but they look and feel great. They are on a wide last but I feel they fit true to size. The colour is a tad more red than on the website (atleast on my screen). I'm tempted to go into MTO after all the great pics in this thread :)

engar

Reaction score
Noisy shoes sent to the factory for resoling. Good customer service.

Aieyric

Reaction score

Marbles

Reaction score
if you need to size up for a last, its not made for you.

I would have thought that if you didn't have a bespoke shoemaker produce a last for you then it wasn't made for you. Having to make compromises is a reality of RTW clothing, footwear in particular.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would have thought that if you didn't have a bespoke shoemaker produce a last for you then it wasn't made for you. Having to make compromises is a reality of RTW clothing, footwear in particular.

Or you can just not buy clothes and shoes that don't fit instead of sizing up/down. Clothings usually have allowance built in for minor tailoring but footwears don't have allowance built-in.

SloopyNoob

Reaction score
Or you can just not buy clothes and shoes that don't fit instead of sizing up/down. Clothings usually have allowance built in for minor tailoring but footwears don't have allowance built-in.

I understand your position but whether a last is for me or not is up for me to decide. People size up or down in the same brand all the time.

Now back to the topic. Can someone comment on my original question? Do you size up in the New Rey in comparison to the Hiro?

klint

Reaction score
My Meermin timeline, in case anyone is interested:

Item Ordered: 12153 – Dark Brown Calfskin Wingtip
Note: This is from the classic line and is NOT MTM.

11/23/2012: Shoes Ordered
11/23/2012: Order Confirmation Email Received
11/27/2012: Invoice Received
Invoice states that “As your order is ready to ship, we will send you a Pay pal payment request”
12/10/2012: Request for Payment Received
Payment request states that “your order will be ready for shipment within 20 – 25 days. Meermin now awaits the finalisation of your payment,” [which I took to mean that I should pay now.]
12/13/2012: Payment executed
01/07/2013: Email sent to request update on order (as it had been 28 days since payment request).
01/09/2013: Email received stating “Your pair will be ready during this week.”
[received on a Wednesday, which I assumed would mean that it would ship by that weekend, although it appears
he was referring to the following weekend.]
01/16/2013: Notification received that shoes had been processed and shipped.
01/19/2013: Shoes actually picked up by Fedex.
01/21/2012: Shoes received.

Marbles

Reaction score

OK, let me know when you find a last that fits you as if bespoke. Until then, you're making compromises on fit.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have not heard back from any of you so I am assuming all the detailed invoices are correct and has been paid for
smile.gif

Ilcea leathers will soon be on the way and Pepe will send me pictures of the whole process for this MTO, which I will update all of you via this thread.

jakej

Reaction score
Anybody have any pictures of the dark brown double monks after some wear?

Been thinking about these for awhile wanted to see how they hold up.

kcox68

Reaction score
^^ I'll second the request for a pic of some worn in dark brown double buckles from Meermin. I placed an order for a pair of them on the 12th and am curious as to how they wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads