Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. jd13jd13

jd13jd13 Senior member

Couple of questions, if you guys don't mind, Meermin's site seems to be down.
    What do the classic collection cost shipped, and do you have to pay duties? Does the VAT get deducted automatically? And how long are shipping times on non-MTO?

2. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Not looked at the classic collection for a while but I think they're €160 which would be $175 after vat deduction plus €30 shipping. Don't get trees or you'll get hung up in customs and have forms to fill in and be more likely to get hit with duty. Delivery is the $1M dollar question; if the shoes are in stock it should be pretty quick. That's all I've got

Last edited: Jan 17, 2013
  3. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

3rd wear. Starting to be borderline comfortable! Slightly heavier creasing than I would've liked but nothing trees don't take care of.
    Does anyone else in colder climes wince when they walk across rocksalt in their LM's? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Sergej

Sergej Member

Hi everybody,

I owe you guys an update on my double monks.

Since my last post I have been in contact with Pepe and he informed me that he had personally inspected my shoes. The shoes were not returned because they were used, as Sandro said, but because he thinks there is nothing wrong with them. My shoes arrived yesterday. I found that the toe caps are not cut in a straight line on both shoes and are probably not supposed to be cut completely straight. The difference between the left and right shoe is actually fairly minimal. Difficult to see exactly because were talking curved lines on a curved surface, but minimal.

I assume the leather is cut by hand, so expecting the cuts to be exactly the same was unrealistic of me. If anything, it adds a certain rustic or artisanal charm. I send an email with apologies to Pepe and Sandro

Between the stress from a lack of sleep from a, otherwise wonderfull, nine month old baby and a mother diagnosed with cancer I lost my cool here and overreacted. The shoes are fine! My sincere apologies if I caused any concern about the quality of Meermin shoes.

5. engar

engar Senior member

I´m very dissapointed with my brown calf doublemonks (I´ll return them), they are pretty noisy when I walk. I applied skin-care cream on the lining, as Carminas Madrid shop assistent adviced, but they didn´t change.

6. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

try some talcum powder.

7. chogall

chogall Senior member

you need a lot of leather lotion and some shoe creams...

8. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Wow, those look awesome. Great slacks/socks/shoe combo, too.

9. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Cheers Mario! Chogall, what would you recommend? I hit them with a balsam before first wear but it didn't absorb very well. Would you renovateur them?
    Any advice appreciated I'm a bit of a noob at anything other than polishing

10. sicknote

sicknote Member

i have edward greens where the lining is makin noise aswell. So this is possible on shoes which cost lots more money. Talcum powder worked pretty fine.

11. Prosper0

Prosper0 Member

Guys, I have a question with your experience with sizes of Meermin shoes.

This is the first time I am buying shoes like this, so I want to make it right.

Normally, I wear size 8 and I am also size 8 according the Allen Edmonds sizing guide (from their webpage). Luisa from Meermin finally replied to me, stating that if I am 8 with AE, I should for 7,5 with Meermin.

What is generally your experience with their sizes? Should I listen, or just go for 8.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  12. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Depending on the last you are wearing, how it fits and which Meermin last you are looking at it's very hard to give advice as all feet are different. I have a pair of AE Fifth Avenues in US8 which are slightly loose, while the black Meermin cap toes in size 7 is perfect.

13. Swede66

Swede66 Senior member

You should most certainly not go for size 8. US 8 is not the same as European 8. It is either 7.0 or 7.5 you need in Meermin.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  14. sicknote

sicknote Member

i have uk 7.5 and in meermins also 7.5. i think its a 8.5 in us

15. zerostyle

zerostyle Senior member

This might be really good news for me. 9D's in AE's are just slightly long/loose on me, but 8.5E's are a little snug. Sounds like an 8 in a Meermin might be perfect.