1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. laufer

laufer Senior member

Well we should float this idea, and who knows there may be enough interests to make two lasts?

2. burghler

burghler Senior member

I'd be interested in all the formats people have mentioned: split-toe, chukka, or wholecut but the Doveresque model would be my top choice

3. Benjaminba

Benjaminba Senior member

I asked Luisa about making some tassel loafers in burgundy calf. Unfortunately she says it'll have to be MTO then, which means €100 on top. Hoped it would be cheaper when it's only the colour, but I guess it's just the added hassle that costs...

Likely wont find enough people for a group MTO order on SF to make it cheaper. Not for tassels. [​IMG] So, a bit off-topic, sorry, but do any of you happen to know of other options for a pair of burgundy tassel loafers?

4. joiji

joiji Senior member

Carmina? Alden? Lots of makers that do burgundy tassels.

5. ddsg

ddsg Well-Known Member

I'd be interested in getting Namor's double monk boots in hatchgrain.

6. hanoiboy

hanoiboy Senior member

+1 I am in

7. chogall

chogall Senior member

And in full norvegese construction.

oops, already placed an order.

8. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

For the shell version?

9. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Need TerrorSquad to step in and sort this shit out.
    He has an inside line to Pepe...

10. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

11. Ericbandv

Ericbandv New Member

if Meermin indeed has nothing to do with Carmina (other than family relation), wouldn't it be wise to edit the title to limit confusion to a minimum?

2 people like this.
  12. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

+1

MTO's can be straight forward and Both Ozzy and Terror have gotten good responses from Pepe. Hell, I have never gone more than 48 hours without a response from Pepe.

13. chogall

chogall Senior member

Hatch grain.

+1
    Communication with Meermin is easy. As long as you don't expect instant message speed response.

14. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

really?

He has organised two MTO's for Meermin alone, and from what I can gather, also a number for VASS.
    He has shown an ability to generate a list of requirements from the forum, gauge the desire, and create an order that a large number of people are interested in.

So far the "hatchgrain MTO", has covered two types of construction types, two colour tones, and about 5 shoe styles.
    Yep, we are almost ready to order...

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  15. p.henrik

p.henrik Senior member

YES. Please don't make it a chukka. And hopefully I'll get the Philip II MTO before this one is due so I can try the Olfe last. Very glad now that no one listened to me suggesting the Ilcea MTO in New Rey. Now, when is Pepe launching that chiseled last I have been rambling about in this thread every few weeks?

16. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

No, it hasn't. Terror has , I believe, posited 2 ideas for this makeup. (He was originally just gonna do it for himself)
    If you want in on either of these let him know but seriously, don't expect every whim to be accounted for.
    As things stand, Terror is the sole runner on this as I've decided I'm not gonna do one.

17. rc121

rc121 Senior member

I've been reading through this thread for quite awhile and have become quite interested in trying out a pair of Meermins, but I've got a few questions. I think I read somewhere in here that the Terry last would be the best last for someone with wide feet. I wear an 8 EEE in AE 5 last and an 8.5 EEE in the older 8 last. Would the Terry last be my only option or are there other wide(r) lasts? I ask because there isn't too much I've found on the website in the Terry last that is appealing, only the casual shoes, and I'd rather not have to do a MTO on my first pair before getting the sizing right. What size might I be in some of the other Meermin lasts?

One other question is that I've seen quite a few seconds/samples(?) on ebay in what might be my size but in lasts that aren't on Meermin's website, like Bat, Ben, or Chad lasts. Would any of these run wider?

18. chogall

chogall Senior member

Email Pepe would be the wisest choice.

19. j ingevaldsson

j ingevaldsson Senior member

Great to hear that the hatch grain MTO is about to begin! Really hope that you go for both the chukka and the wholecut. Especially the latter, I mean look at that picture above, so delicate and refined.

20. atkay

atkay Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum, but have been following for a while. I want to buy my first pair of Goodyear welted shoes and I very much like the look of the meermin shoes.
    I've contacted them regarding size, as I have short but wide feet. They advised me to get a size 6 pair (Classic line, double monks) which will fit me length wise (247mm x 104 mm) but I'm worried that they might be a bit tight, as the shoes are around 95mm wide at size 6. I'm just wondering how much stretch might be expected from the shoes, or if maybe they will always be too narrow for my feet.

Many thanks

Alex