1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. mimo

mimo Senior member

Either way it implies that the sole stitching and possibly the welt stitching too, has not been done correctly. It simply should not be possible for a gap to appear between the sole and welt of a welted shoe. I'd send them back.

2. joiji

joiji Senior member

I disagree. Were the gap to continue to widen and the stitching loosen, there would be significant issue, but this looks more like the adhesive used to bond the sole to the welt failing, which is less important. The splits which most people posted in here were very minor, and while it would be nice if they didn't happen, I wouldn't have lost any faith in the shoes construction. Remember, you've got a constant stream of impacts pushing the sole and the welt together each time to step, it isn't going to be an environment which stresses the stitching to any great degree.

All that said, I'm happy to defer and be corrected by someone like DWII if they'd be willing to weigh in.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2013
  3. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

This is my understanding as well. I had the same issue with a pair of Allen Edmonds and both AE and a separate cobbler told me it was just an adhesive issue that did not affect the integrity of the sole.

4. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

I have a pair, it took the "normal" amount of time to get them.

5. Ankor

Ankor Well-Known Member

I'm just going to leave this here. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More new suede shoes on their website! I love their new suede models.
    It's a pity they are not LM though.

1 person likes this.
  6. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Thanks, perhaps I should send a follow up as I have no response back yet. Care to share what last / photos your MTO? Do you like it?

7. styleconsultant

styleconsultant Active Member

The oxfords are great! I have them but in black calf... R.M. Www.style-consultant.info

8. TrackerB

TrackerB Active Member

Update: Luisa offered to have them resoled if I send them back. I'm surprised they replied on a weekend.
    Do you guys think I should just have them fixed at a local cobbler with cement glue or ship them back for resoling?
    Usually, should I bear the shipping charges?

Thanks for your help guys!

9. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

That's nice...
    Then why they havnt replied my email for 2 weeks…

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Ah this is ridiculous, really tempted to email meermin about this as they said sole was fine and would pay a little for repairs or something. My soles split a little more after I emailed then but it's still wearable (classic collection). Just seems quite random how they deal with issues as others got an offer for a new pair during sole split as well and I didn't get anything. Granted $200 isn't asking for a lot of service but it's just rubs me the wrong way with how they deal with different customers

11. TrackerB

TrackerB Active Member

Luisa told me that the shoes are still fine for wearing as the soles are sewn. I guess technically, the soles won't come off as its being "tied" together by the thread. Right now, the gap can be widen and I can see the inner stiching of the thread that binds the layers. Even if the soles won't come off, this gap bothers the hell out of me. I've bought shoes from Herring and Loakes before and I never had these issues. I paid a higher premium for the linea mastro range and expected better quality. Nevertheless, the service should be the same.

Don't get me wrong, I still think Meermin's are great value for money and would continue to order from them. I got alittle crazy and have another 4 pairs (+1 pair for a friend) of shoes in the making with them. I pray that this sole splitting will be a one off thing and the rest will be fine.

12. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

When I was e-mailing them frequently, there were a few instances where I got no response for a week. Sometimes it was Pepe traveling, but more than once he said the e-mail got diverted by their spam filter. My advice is that, if a week has passed, e-mail them again.

13. styleconsultant

styleconsultant Active Member

Totally agree

R.M.
    www.style-consultant.info

14. AN1213

AN1213 New Member

I've been trying to talk to this person at info@meermin.es for a couple of days on the subject of making an exchange. The model I ordered is not made by them anymore so I'll have to change into another model, but that's not a problem. The problem however is that it seems to be completely impossible to communicate with this person. She keeps pointing me at the return policy found at the homepage, with my pointing out that the policy says to contact her when making an exchange.

How have you been doing when making an exchange for another model?

15. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

Thanks for your advice sir! However that was exactly what I did… 3 emails sent from 2 different address, even pleased Luisa to forward to Pepe, still no luck… sigh…

16. Aieyric

Aieyric Senior member

meerminshoes.tumblr.com/post/45215018850/meermin-mto-for-mr-fo-jodhpur-boot-handwelted

1 person likes this.
  17. poissa

poissa Senior member

Just bumping so this doesn't get lost in the thread. Hope someone can help. ;-)

18. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

Is it just me who want blue suede loafer in classic line?!

19. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Hahaaaa, looks like it E

20. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

Yeah :(