• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

robgaines

Reaction score
Are these MTO or did you simply ask if they had the double monks in light brown suede?

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
You're comparing the LM line, Meermin's quality to price/style ratio on the "normal" line is unmatched.

As far as LM goes, Sure I could buy a fugly boxy pair of AE's for 3 hundo and some change, or some Carminas for 450-500, but why? Because SF groupthink says Carmina is the better shoes by default?

With regard to MTO? it's not even close, Meermin by a country mile.

Last edited:

Frank the sheep

Reaction score

Finally had the chance to take a picture of my newest acquisition:
Double Monks in the Light Brown Rapello Suede on the Hiro last. Due to the current weather conditions I haven't taken them for a walk yet. I sized down half a size on Pepe's recommendation and they fit pretty well, however the leather seems to be pretty hard (judging from the few walks I had around the house).

You have the perfect shoe for those conditions, just spray them with water repellent suede spray.

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
easy does it
peepwall[1].gif

Estryl

Reaction score
Pepe just sent me the pictures of my finished mtos and another shoe i was waiting for

Not to crazy about the single monk style...but the brown tone is insane!! super nice!!!
Plus, the blue double monk looks really really nice as well!!! congrats!

d0h15

Reaction score

Are these MTO or did you simply ask if they had the double monks in light brown suede?

I just asked around mid-october if they had them in light brown suede. Back then they just had started the production in light brown.

You have the perfect shoe for those conditions, just spray them with water repellent suede spray.

The photos give a false picture of the weather conditions. It was a mix of a lot of rain and snow the days before, my shoes were usually soaking wet within 30 minutes. Weather conditions have improved so I'm already looking forward to taking the shoes for a walk :slayer:

Pastor

Reaction score

Pepe just sent me the pictures of my finished mtos and another shoe i was waiting for
Those MTO's are incredible. I'd like to get something like that myself. I have the blue suede double monks and I love them. Can't wait until print to rock them again.

Grytter

Reaction score
Finally had the chance to take a picture of my newest acquisition:
Double Monks in the Light Brown Rapello Suede on the Hiro last. Due to the current weather conditions I haven't taken them for a walk yet. I sized down half a size on Pepe's recommendation and they fit pretty well, however the leather seems to be pretty hard (judging from the few walks I had around the house).

Are those MTO? They look awesome!

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think those are the new double rubber soled monks. I ordered the scotch grain option a couple months ago. Now, hoping they come sooner than later
drool.gif

Last edited:

Grytter

Reaction score
I think those are the new double rubber soled monks. I ordered the scotch grain option a couple months ago. Now, hoping they come sooner than later
drool.gif
I can't find "Light Brown Rapello Suede" double monks on the web shop though
patch[1].gif

d0h15

Reaction score

They are from the classic collection. Just drop Pepe a mail and ask about them. They started the production about a month ago, so I guess they will be on the website sooner or later.

Superfluous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of picking up a pair of pebble grain wingtips from Meermin as some beater shoes, however, they're on the RUI last. I have a slightly narrow foot, and I already don't like the look of RUI too much. Is this not the right shoe for me?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads