1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

The original brief is for an autumn/winter boot so for me strike suede. The vintage rioja is similar to meermin's burgundy antique which I like the idea of

2. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

If there could be 6 people found who are interested in having 2 tone leather or leather+ suede, or maybe even cap toe version, then we shall do this as well : )

3. laufer

laufer Senior member

Anybody interested in hatch grain leather?

4. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Pepe is awaiting info from the tannery about this, according to my email with him from yesterday.

Ozzy, I like the version of the boot you chose. I am definitely in for anything in calf leather. I just need a dark color and and hopefully lighter color version. The availability to pick a different sole would be the major factor in my purchase of one or two pairs.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  5. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I agree. I think the original idea of a darker calf on rubber is sound. If we can do both great. This is Konda's baby, I'm just running with it. I've reached out to Meermin for the numbers required to allow a choice of last, sole and skin but let's keep it to 2 choices or it just gets silly

6. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Agree-two lasts, two colors and hopefully two soles. I don't think two lasts or colors would be a problem. I believe Terror did one with the Austerity Brogues in brown and burgundy. I think the soles would be the issue.

7. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Let's see what they come back with. We know we can do 2 lasts per the lobb copy and 2 colours per the austerity shoe. I think if we can get enough bodies/orders we should be good to go. I don't expect to hear from Meermin til Tuesday at least due to Easter being a pretty massive deal in Spain so we can pick it up again from there.
    As an aside, are you happy with all eyelets or would you prefer speed hooks?
    That goes out to all interested parties btw

8. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

Would a short boot be an option? Maybe with a soft square toe w/ medallion.

9. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

Any pics?

10. konda

konda Senior member

Speed hooks or all eyelets - all the same to me. Ozzy when Pepe comes back to you, can you ask what darker shades of calf they can offer?

I love this espresso brown by Sargent. But like I said before, I'm pretty much cool with any dark color excluding black.

[​IMG]

11. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

An example of the short boot, 6 or 7 eyelet rows (pull tab would be a bonus), and square toe with medallion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Ian L

Ian L Senior member

Suede + leather really is what I want but prefer higher…

13. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

No speed hooks, too classy of a boot for that

14. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Good lad!

15. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I'll find out. That looks good BTW!

16. burghler

burghler Senior member

Agreed!

17. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Just depends on the final makeup/options and price. But very possibly.

18. laufer

laufer Senior member

How about a compromise? One boot with speed hooks other without speed hook. I say austerity boot without speed hooks.

19. Joshua Lee

Joshua Lee Senior member

The suede/leather combo is a really great, and paired with a high boot looks very elegant.

The short boot suggestion was just for those maybe looking for a hassle free option. I own a few boots, and probably wear them once every 6-8 months just because they're so much harder to put on.