• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mymil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side-by-side, the 7000 looks significantly better to me.

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very similar but the Meermin looks like a wide fitting.

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
pm'ed, +1 Hiro last, LM hand welted.

Here you go. Derby is Meermin on their Hiro last. Oxford is JL City on their 7000 last (same as Phillip II). I've made the pictures black and white so that you're not distracted by the differences in color.
JL's 7000 seems a touch more sleek to me, with a lower instep.

Probably because Meermin is in a derby form without a hard closed vamp stitching?

Side-by-side, the 7000 looks significantly better to me.

JL has much more refined lasts for sure, but Meermin still has considerably better last than AE/Alden or more last options than C&J.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1 for Olfe.
I can compare Olfe, Alma and JL7000, if any one wants. I also have EG in 202, 82, and 888 if anyone wants that too.

Sounds very useful.

Also, if gyasih or someone else can comment on which Meermin last (or lasts) have a high instep (ie high vertical height), that would be extremely useful to me and will be greatly appreciated.

terrorsquad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Dieworkwear for the great photos
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
I personally think that it would look nicer on the Olfe last which is almost similar to JL's last.

I'm also declaring that orders are closed for the group buy. Received more then 15 inquiries/confirmed orders and eventhough some one them will cancel their orders., I think we have the 15 pairs that we need for this group order.

I will sort out with Pepe on the specs when I hear from him and also the price/last issue (whether we can get it done on both Hiro/Olfe last). For those who have kindly provided me their email, I will update you guys via email
smile.gif

MCanavan6

Reaction score
Just saw these on the tumblr, along with a bunch of other nice MTO.

kwhunter

Reaction score
Olfe is a nice Last, New Rey is too much.
I don't know enough about shoes to comment on instep.
Which one is Olfe? I've been browsing their site and seem like unable to find that last.
Thanks.

kwhunter

Reaction score
Just saw these on the tumblr, along with a bunch of other nice MTO.
Interesting... Carmina has a model like that ^
I wonder why don't they update their site, it lacks quite a few models posted on tumblr

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics