• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ncdobson

Reaction score
update on new rey last fit. Pepe provided the measurements of the outsole of 3 sizes: 10.5, 11, and 11.5UK.
10.5UK
Length: 320mm
Width: 110mm
11UK
Length: 324mm
Width: 111mm
11.5UK
Length: 329-330mm
Width: 111-112mm
My initial understanding of the new rey last was to size down one size. However, once I compared measurements, its clear that New Rey last fits my foot best by sizing down only 1/2 size. 11UK is equivalent to about a US11.5 while the 11.5UK is comparable to US 12.

I'm a 10E in all of the AE lasts I've tried, 10D Alden Barrie, & 9.5med UK (Cheaney, AS, Barker). I received the double monk on the New Rey in 9.5 about a month ago, & it was very narrow, but the length was right. I ended up having them stretched, & they're now OK. They're pointier than I prefer, so I probably won't order on this last again, but if I do (I have my eye on the wholecut goysers) I'll go MTO wider or standard 10.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is great info. Could you post pics? I'm anxious to see what it looks like in da wild

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm a 10E in all of the AE lasts I've tried, 10D Alden Barrie, & 9.5med UK (Cheaney, AS, Barker). I received the double monk on the New Rey in 9.5 about a month ago, & it was very narrow, but the length was right. I ended up having them stretched, & they're now OK.

I'm a 10E or 10D depending in AE, UK9 on the C&J 348. I got these a few weeks ago:
http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/14774191685/meermin-linea-maestro-oxford-puntera-recta

I actually really like the New Rey last although it is a touch too narrow. (I can still wear it all day comfortably.) It is very narrow through the arch and then widens considerably (where my foot is wide) before coming back in at the toe. The length is fine. I'm pretty sure I can't wear the Vil last.

I have a dark brown suede version of these on the way:
http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/17493730348/meermin-classic-collection-double-buckles-cap

... and these too: http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/19859500960/meermin-classic-collection-longwing
I almost did a MTO cordovan. I really don't wear black shoes that much but wanted a longwing and the price was great. I also realized I didn't have any black shoes with a rubber sole so why not?

In July I'll have my first MTO pair of shoes! I used the Hiro last instead of the New Rey for a little extra width. It's kind of a EG Oundle knock-off sort of like this but darker suede and darker brown:
http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC_00151.jpg

Details:
Collection: MTO
Style: Single side monk
Last: Hiro
Lasting: Hand lasted
Upper Leather 1: Dark brown Naturcalf (Tannerie d'Annonay - France)
Upper Leather 2: Dark brown Januscalf (Charles F. Stead - England)
Lining Leather: Navy Calf
Sole: Single leather channeled sole.
Sole finishing: 'Planta Paloma 7 clavos'
Welt: Flat
Edge finishing: Matching the upper
Construction: GY-2/ Handsewn Goodyear welted
Buckles: Solid stainless steel
Medallion: Understood which one.
Custom Text: TB

It's a version of this shoe with dark brown calf and dark brown suede in the places as the the Oundle above. Went for navy lining with a cutout containing my initials just for fun, and a stainless buckle since I mostly wear a watch with a stainless bracelet. (Plus I have some Fratelli Rossetti single monks with brass already.) This was the pic Pepe had sent me of a shoe they had made for the Japanese market:

and I got it with this medallion:

My wife has a pair of heeled loafers that she loves too like the shoes on the left:

Great shoes and Pepe has been a pleasure to deal with! I certainly will be ordering again.
Fred

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
But which size did you get Fred?

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm a 10E in all of the AE lasts I've tried, 10D Alden Barrie, & 9.5med UK (Cheaney, AS, Barker). I received the double monk on the New Rey in 9.5 about a month ago, & it was very narrow, but the length was right. I ended up having them stretched, & they're now OK.

I'm a 10E or 10D depending in AE, UK9 on the C&J 348. I got these a few weeks ago:
http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/14774191685/meermin-linea-maestro-oxford-puntera-recta

I actually really like the New Rey last although it is a touch too narrow. (I can still wear it all day comfortably.) It is very narrow through the arch and then widens considerably (where my foot is wide) before coming back in at the toe. The length is fine. I'm pretty sure I can't wear the Vil last.

I have a dark brown suede version of these on the way:
http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/17493730348/meermin-classic-collection-double-buckles-cap

... and these too: http://meermin.tumblr.com/post/19859500960/meermin-classic-collection-longwing
I almost did a MTO cordovan. I really don't wear black shoes that much but wanted a longwing and the price was great. I also realized I didn't have any black shoes with a rubber sole so why not?

In July I'll have my first MTO pair of shoes! I used the Hiro last instead of the New Rey for a little extra width. It's kind of a EG Oundle knock-off sort of like this but darker suede and darker brown:
http://leffot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/DSC_00151.jpg

Details:
Collection: MTO
Style: Single side monk
Last: Hiro
Lasting: Hand lasted
Upper Leather 1: Dark brown Naturcalf (Tannerie d'Annonay - France)
Upper Leather 2: Dark brown Januscalf (Charles F. Stead - England)
Lining Leather: Navy Calf
Sole: Single leather channeled sole.
Sole finishing: 'Planta Paloma 7 clavos'
Welt: Flat
Edge finishing: Matching the upper
Construction: GY-2/ Handsewn Goodyear welted
Buckles: Solid stainless steel
Medallion: Understood which one.
Custom Text: TB

It's a version of this shoe with dark brown calf and dark brown suede in the places as the the Oundle above. Went for navy lining with a cutout containing my initials just for fun, and a stainless buckle since I mostly wear a watch with a stainless bracelet. (Plus I have some Fratelli Rossetti single monks with brass already.) This was the pic Pepe had sent me of a shoe they had made for the Japanese market:

and I got it with this medallion:

My wife has a pair of heeled loafers that she loves too like the shoes on the left:

Great shoes and Pepe has been a pleasure to deal with! I certainly will be ordering again.
Fred

That sounds really cool my man. I know it's a while but I would love to see the finished product for finishing and qualities of the brand

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Suede Meermin Monks.

Sizing: 12UK in all C&J, AS, EG, Carmina. 12UK in Meermin.

Last: Ama.

Line: Classic

Quality pretty good suede.

Value: Quality+ style = Great.

Service :pepe is fantastic

Shipping:Correos (Spanish Postal Service) , about 10 days to NY.

Will buy again= Yes, maestro MTO next.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post, nice shoes! Do you have experience with C&J's 348 last and could compare it to the Ama last?

JPHardy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christian,

I do own 348, and they fit my very nicely. The one last I now prefer is the Carmina Rain. These fit me comfortably, and while they look and are bit wider, they don't feel that way.

It is hard to fully gauge how the show will fit, since different people wear their shoes with different tightness. On the Carmina, the Simpson fits me tighter than my other shoes, and yet it is still comfortable at the end of the day. But I prefer the Rain, as I like my shoes a bit looser.

Hope this image helps with the shape.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, awesome help right there! Since the 348 is a little bit on the thight side it seems that the Rain last would fit me like a glove. So you would say that the Simpson last is thighter than the 348, and would compare the Ama to the Rain? Sorry for all the questions, but it's highly appreciated.

Last edited:

LEVOOSH

Reaction score
4 days ago I contacted Pepe about purchasing the suede cap toe brouges in the Olfe last. He replied that they were not taking any more orders until the web shop was up and running. Is it safe to assume that the orders for people like JPHardy who are receving their shoes now were placed in advance? If not, whats the secret word to get shoes?

Finally, anyone have any experience with the Olfe last. Looks a little fuller and rounder, but any info is appreciated.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads