1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

when did you buy the shoes?

2. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

last year

3. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

those are sweet

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

2012 or 2011?

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  5. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

6. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Here are my plain toe bluchers in Burgundy Shell.... Meermin on the left, AE on the right for a color comparison.
    I have worn the Meermins maybe 15 times..... so far so good!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

How would you compare the shell itself? Meermin is not Horween, is it?

8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Here's a picture of my shell longwings from October:

[​IMG]

9. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

As I understand it, the shell is from Agentina, not from Horween.
    The shell is totally different. With the Meermin shell, as you wear it, where the shoe creases you get an area that looks like it needs polish but then you brush it and it shines right up.
    I don't know other than that to explain what I mean. That being said, I have to say that the shoes are extremely comfortable, more comfortable than my AE ptb's or my Alden ptb's.
    Also, I have gotten more compliments on the Meermins than any other shoe/boot I have worn in the last 6 months.
    The first few times I wore the shoes the shell seemed very dry and I put a fair amount of Reno on them after each wear. Lately, however the shoes haven't needed any reno at all and I just do the Mac method and I am good to go.
    I also have the longwing in the cuero shell and that really has taken on a nice patina after wearing them a number of times and hitting them hard with the brush.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Meermin uses Argentinian shell and it is very different from Horween. The Meermin shell is somewhat stiff, does not get folds and does not bloom. I've also found that it benefits greatly from an occasional polish with Saphir cordovan cream.

11. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

I agree with virtually all of this. My shell longwings are my most comfortable pair of shoes.

12. JBMarce21

JBMarce21 Senior member

hey- does the toro fit like the new rey or the olfe? thanks!

13. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

I received an email today saying one of the pairs of shoes I orded from Meermin would be delayed. [​IMG]

Oh well, I won't have them to wear on my next trip but hopefully I'll have a something nice to greet me when I get home.

14. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Which did you order? My order will ship Monday.

15. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

I ordered the black oxford and the dark brown double monks both from the Classic line on 1/12/13. I'm not sure which pair is delayed but I've been in contact with Luisa and they're going to ship out the shoes that are ready so that hopefully they'll arrive by the 19th but it'll be tight.

It's nice that they've been willing to work with me to get at least part of my order sent, and they're going to eat the extra shipping costs.

If I could ask, what did you order and when?

16. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

I ordered January 27th. One pair of light brown Classic double monks, and a pair of single black monks.

17. kcox68

kcox68 Senior member

I'm glad your order is shipping much quicker than mine did. Maybe my size (8UK) is the reason its taking longer.

18. Cantabrigian

Cantabrigian Senior member

I'll find out for sure in a few days but the Ben last does look a little pointier than expected but hopefully not overly so

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Schweino

Schweino Senior member

Since this is the New Rey in size 8 and it's way too tight, will the Olfe in the same size be a better choice for me? I normally wear UK size 8F in Grenson, Cheaney, Barker and C&J.

20. christophermanns

christophermanns Member

Hello Schweino,
    I too wear UK 8 and regular width in most cases but had to go for 8.5 with both the Meermin Olfe and Ama lasts. Ordered my first pair, a single suede monk on the Ama last from the Classic line, in 8, and it was definitely too small. I would tend to advise you to move half a size up, too.
    Best,
    Christopher