1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Yep.

2. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

Additionally, with AE its usually a quick and easy process to exchange a pair. With meermin, there is significant shipping back and forth, time, etc. As good as their customer service may be, they still have a whole ocean's worth of distance to contend with.

3. hookem12387

hookem12387 Senior member

Ya, just my opinion, but I think it's only worth bothering with meermin if you cannot find a similar shoe at their pricepoint. Ex: I intend to order that austerity brogue from them, solely because I cannot find a similar version at the price somewhere easier to deal with. If AE (or other) offered a similar shoe, on a similar last, for an even somewhat similar price, I'd be all over it instead.

4. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

My philosophy as well. I purchased the shell longwings from Meermin because I'm not a fan of the AE MacNeil. LIkewise, I may purchase the new adelaide on the Olfe last because AE has nothing comparable.

5. joiji

joiji Senior member

6. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ nice. The finishing on that pair looks exceptional. Hats off to Pepe and Co. Really hope they fit

7. dufferin1

dufferin1 Senior member

Received an email from Sandro requesting payment this morning, shoes will ship 'this week' according to him. Exciting.

8. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Holy hell, those are gorgeus!

9. totolino85

totolino85 Well-Known Member

got the email from Sandro "payment received" 1th of february.... didn't heard about my shoes being shipped yet. No biggie but is bit bothering this sums of delays. Hope they get shipped off soon I've lot of travelling to do in the past few weeks !

Can't wait to get them

10. totolino85

totolino85 Well-Known Member

11. kmdsimpson

kmdsimpson Senior member

Are those unlined?

And curious how you came up with the "gorge" on those, where the tongue would be. Cool idea; it looks quite nice.
    Actually, I think I see the tongue hiding behind there. But great shape.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2013
  12. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

The ankle is unlined and there should be a tongue somewhere behind the flap. This boot is a modified version of the their double monk boot (I've only seen photos). The unlined ankle and slightly higher shaft distinguish it from the stock photos provided by Pepe 1 year ago

13. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the shoes GonC posted pictures of look terrrible. Many of you agreed with that.

What I don't really get: Some of you said that one would have to accept quality issues in that price range. In my opinion, that's absolutely wrong. You pay for a functioning pair of shoes without any issues. The lower price of the Classic Line results from a cheaper fabrication method and cheaper leathers in comparison to Linea Maestro. Moreover, obviously at least parts of the shoes are manufactured in Asia. The general quality parameters in that respect given, the shoes need to lack any issues. Analogical, if I buy a cheap car, the overall quality may be lower than that of an expensive car, but still I would never accept scratches in the paint of a new car just because it's cheap in comparison to other cars.

Best regards

14. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

slightly off comparison given that leather is a natural product while a car finish is not and higher quality shoes are clicked in such a way to avoid defects. That said, I agree with your point, and the scrape looks like it occurred during construction.

15. newtoshoes

newtoshoes Well-Known Member

Of course you're right about leather being a natural product. Therefore, slight deviations are normal and no sign of low(er) quality. However, Meermin sells Aniline leather which usually requires high quality material lacking scratches or strong differences in the pore structure.

I just think that the issues that GonC reported are by no means acceptable or normal; neither for Classic Line nor for Linea Maestro or any other pair of shoes from a different company unless they are clearly disclosed with defects.

16. esoxm

esoxm Senior member

Just got a voicemail from fedex asking for "more information so that they can pre clear" my dm's that shipped yesterday. I'm guessing it's safe to assume I'm going to get hit with customs fees?

1 person likes this.
  17. dillonKC

dillonKC New Member

Just found your post as I was looking for some answers concernign the same models. Have you decided?
    Do you maybe have first hand experience by now with the Uetam vs Ron last? Which Meermin would you think is closest to the Uetam (Uetam seems a tad more elegant and I am thinking about entering the MTO process with Meermin)?

Thanks!

18. dillonKC

dillonKC New Member

Just found your post as I was looking for some answers concernign the same models. Have you decided?
    Do you maybe have first hand experience by now with the Uetam vs Ron last? Which Meermin would you think is closest to the Uetam (Uetam seems a tad more elegant and I am thinking about entering the MTO process with Meermin)?

Thanks!

19. Tommi

Tommi Senior member

Could people share pictures of their worn Meermin shell shoes? Someone must have had those for a year or so.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  20. Calikid

Calikid Senior member

Anybody living in California get hit with letter from State asking for taxes because you are now a shoe importer?

1 person likes this.