• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OT: Interested in the sizing as well.

jedwards

Reaction score
Long time no post.

Today I received a pair of Meermins from Pepe.

Just wanted to say how excellent the service was from Pepe and the shoes themselves are really nice.
They are the double monks.

I own a fair few pairs of made in England brand shoes (not John Lobb!) as well as your Guccis etc and I would easily place these next to them, so I would highly recommend them for the price and style. I had been planning to get the John Lobb Double Monks "some day" but at £650, I knew that I would not enjoy them 5 x more than these, so decided to give these a go and if they didnt work out, then I had only 'lost' £150.

As it turns out, I am incredibly pleased with them and will be ordering from Pepe again soon. It's nice to see European business, be they English, Italian, Spanish whatever making a great product at an affordable price.

:)

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great to hear jedwards! Which model exactly did you buy? Would you mind posting pics?

Thanks

jedwards

Reaction score

jko

Reaction score

I need some help sizing the New Rey last. From what Ive read in this thread, the general consensus seems to be size down one from your US size.

FWIW, I'm 7.5 UK in C&J 348, and the Meermin New Rey 7.5 UK was too small for me. I'm now waiting for them to restock 8 UK.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please keep us updated when you receive them. Since my 348 are a tiny bit thight for me in 7, New Rey in 7.5 could be a perfect fit.

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That'a exactley the pair I'm looking on as well.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, only I want them in black shell and dainite soles on either 7.5 New Rey or 7 Ama, need to figure out my size.

Soooo, not exactly that pair.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

FWIW, I'm 7.5 UK in C&J 348, and the Meermin New Rey 7.5 UK was too small for me. I'm now waiting for them to restock 8 UK.

Please keep us updated when you receive them. Since my 348 are a tiny bit thight for me in 7, New Rey in 7.5 could be a perfect fit.

update on new rey last fit. Pepe provided the measurements of the outsole of 3 sizes: 10.5, 11, and 11.5UK.

10.5UK

Length: 320mm
Width: 110mm

11UK

Length: 324mm
Width: 111mm

11.5UK

Length: 329-330mm
Width: 111-112mm

My initial understanding of the new rey last was to size down one size. However, once I compared measurements, its clear that New Rey last fits my foot best by sizing down only 1/2 size. 11UK is equivalent to about a US11.5 while the 11.5UK is comparable to US 12.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Yeah, only I want them in black shell and dainite soles on either 7.5 New Rey or 7 Ama, need to figure out my size.
Soooo, not exactly that pair.

awww yeah. now you have my ear

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads