1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. The Upright Man

The Upright Man Senior member

+1

2. amathew

amathew Senior member

I've had my Meermin shoes for about 5 months and the leather is stiff. Plus, even though I keep shoe trees in them when not in use, I still have really apparent crease lines from walking.

I don't regret the purchase, just think that my Allen Edmonds shoes are generally better.

3. terrorsquad

terrorsquad Senior member

I just received word from Pepe on some of the issues:

1) The prices in the current invoices include shipping;
    2) For those who want to add shoe tress (lasted/non-lasted ones), I can add to your order. Please drop me either an email or PM ASAP'
    3) Pepe is currently preparing detailed invoices for each order; he will be sending it out once it is ready. I will check the invoice and make sure that everything is in order. If needed, new invoices will be issued to you.

Apologies if there is any confusion on the invoices so far; I will do my best r\to ensure that all the orders are correct and everything runs very smoothly. There has been many nice suprises for this group buy MTO; It will keep getting better [​IMG]

4. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Just wanted to give some feedback on my MTO experience...

I inquired through the main site about MTO options and was sent the MTO pdf by Pepe. I picked out a design and Pepe was very prompt in answering questions and handling the ordering process. I paid half, up front, as per standard procedure. Throughout the weeks and months, Pepe replied whenever I had an inquiry on progress. Finally, I was notified my pair was complete, and I was invoiced for the balance. Pepe said they should arrive shortly and sent me FedEx tracing information. After about a month of the FedEx tracking not updating, I shot an email to Pepe asking where my shoes were. He had discovered FedEx had lost my package. Disheartened, I was offered either a refund, or to have them remade, possibly expedited. I thought on it for a couple days and ultimately decided to take the refund, knowing I signed up for the Ilcea-leather MTO so will have that coming from Meermin in the Spring. All-in-all, I'm appreciative of Pepe and Meermin's customer service, and pleasantly surprised with their quickness and willingness to issue me a refund for an expensive pair of shoes that FedEx lost.

For those wondering, my MTO had been posted up on the Meermin tumblr:

[​IMG]

I thought they came out absolutely beautiful. I have a double-breasted, sapphire blue suit that I was going to pair with the shoes that I thought would have looked sharp. Dah well, maybe I'll try again in the future...

5. kungapa

kungapa Senior member

That is more about fit than anything else. Did you get one of the longer lasts in Meermin compared to AE.

6. amathew

amathew Senior member

Yeah.

I had posted a fit pic on Instagram and someone had commented that it looked a little small, but I just went with it.

Actually have some pics of it. And on second inspection, the creasing doesn't seem too bad (though shoes are small).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

What creases?

8. chogall

chogall Senior member

Crease? What crease? Your shoe looks pretty normal to me...

Too small? How? i.e., shoe length/heel width/ball width/toe room/arch length/etc?

9. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

10% chance they had something wrong with them anyways

10. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

What a novel way to console somebody. :lol:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  11. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

^ was only kidding :)

12. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

EVIL!! :D

13. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

Just received my first Meermin shoes. Double monks from the classic line on be Hiro last.
    Really pleased with them, but I do have one question - do they normally send just one shoe bag? Or am I missing one?

14. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

They send only one. I can't remember about the LM line.

15. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

16. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

as noted, with classic shoes you get a single. With classic boots and LMs, you get two.

wearing the same ones that were posted above by amatthew

17. Karembeu

Karembeu Active Member

I'm glad you like them! I'm still waiting for mine to be shipped. Got them in brown calf. The one shoe bag is hilarious....I'll have to buy another one or just use some other shoe bags in that case because I do actually bag them after use.

18. lorestani

lorestani Member

I sent an email to Meermin before christmas asking on what size I should choose. I am thinking about the monks. Still havent got any response.

I am a size 42-42,5 EU in Herring. What should I choose? And also, are they very slow with shipping also? Thank you

19. TheSizzle

TheSizzle Senior member

They probably got slammed with emails over the holidays, but I was able to get a response this weekend. Perhaps, you could email one of them directly and ask again. You could try luisa@meermin.es as she was very helpful in answering my sizing and shipping questions.

20. ZirconiumZephyr

ZirconiumZephyr Well-Known Member

paid for my LMs on the 3rd, received them today....very happy with the shipping speed to Australia :D

Finishing leaves a little to be desired but the quality of everything else seems top notch.