• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
Got an e-mail back from Pepe today. He indicated that they should have leathers in various other colors soon.

nickwjd

Reaction score
Just a quick question, do Meermin charge more for shipping if you include shoe trees in your purchase?
e.g. Shipping 2 pairs of shoes to Asia is 40eur. If I also purchase 2 pairs of shoe trees together with the shoes, will they incur additional shipping charges?

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question, do Meermin charge more for shipping if you include shoe trees in your purchase?
e.g. Shipping 2 pairs of shoes to Asia is 40eur. If I also purchase 2 pairs of shoe trees together with the shoes, will they incur additional shipping charges?

I was charged 35 EUR for one pair with trees to America.

jsong812

Reaction score

How long does the process take to clear customs?  It's been one and half weeks since i filed the Lacey and the 5106 Forms...

When do they notify you that you have to fill out these forms? When the shoes arrive into the states? Also, how do they notify you? Via email ? My shoes have been shipped already but they've been in Paris for a few days already so I'm wondering if I forgot to do something from my end.

tomee

Reaction score
during my inquiries and purchase currently i have had emails answered by 4 different people and they sent me two paypal invoices to pay :paranoia:

lolscoolcat

Reaction score
hello,

i recently purchased a pair of meermin classic oxfords!

how long do they take generally to break in? my pair are slightly tight in width.

thanks

table21

Reaction score
Mine come in on monday, I can't wait. However I did get hit with a $73 duty charge on these so they are coming out to be around $240 CAD which is a bit more that I thought they would be.

hookem12387

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine shipped out fedex today. I'll be curious how much time they take and what duty I get hit with in the end.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do they notify you that you have to fill out these forms? When the shoes arrive into the states? Also, how do they notify you? Via email ? My shoes have been shipped already but they've been in Paris for a few days already so I'm wondering if I forgot to do something from my end.

Got the FedEx email on 10/5; Meermin was the other recipient. Returned both LACEY and 5xxx forms on 10/8. Status of the tracking number indicates "Clearance Delay" with package at Newark. Package released 10/17 and I should receive it by today. Will know if I am hit by some ridiculous FedEx/custom charge.

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To the guys with more experience with Meermin, how is the general fit? I have the image of lasts but can anyone liken some of the narrower lasts to another maker?

zinc2162

Reaction score
Mine come in on monday, I can't wait. However I did get hit with a $73 duty charge on these so they are coming out to be around $240 CAD which is a bit more that I thought they would be.
$73?? That's a lot man.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

$73?? That's a lot man.

This. I've been considering ordering a pair, but tacking on $75 worth of duty charges, plus filling out a bunch of customs forms... At some point, it's just not worth it.

There should be a sticky guide for ordering Meermins :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads