1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

I think those are the new double rubber soled monks. I ordered the scotch grain option a couple months ago. Now, hoping they come sooner than later [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2012
  2. Grytter

Grytter Well-Known Member

I can't find "Light Brown Rapello Suede" double monks on the web shop though [​IMG]

3. d0h15

d0h15 Well-Known Member

They are from the classic collection. Just drop Pepe a mail and ask about them. They started the production about a month ago, so I guess they will be on the website sooner or later.

4. Frankie22

Frankie22 Senior member

+1

5. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

I was thinking of picking up a pair of pebble grain wingtips from Meermin as some beater shoes, however, they're on the RUI last. I have a slightly narrow foot, and I already don't like the look of RUI too much. Is this not the right shoe for me?

6. Superfluous

Was this a typo?

You're size 10Us and 9UK on 348... but ordered a 10UK? Wouldn't that be more like a US11? This seems quite off.

If I'm a slightly narrow 11US, UK 10 on 348, should I order a UK 10 in New Rey? Or is Quadcammer's sizing more accurate? I'm skeptical.

7. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

I'm a slightly narrow UK9 and was advised to size up by a half. I went against this advice and went TTS and find the shoes tight across the instep and in the toebox. I would size up but not by a whole size. Depends on your foot shape tho.

8. Herr Brun

Herr Brun Member

9. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

To be honest, I was enamored with the shoes, despite the new rey probably not working for my foot. I have a fairly wide foot. The 10s in US and the 9 in the 348 are tight...probably too much so. to avoid that, I scanned a trace of my foot and sent it to luisa. She recommended the 10. I probably could have gone with the 9.5, but like I said, I just wear slightly thicker socks and used a tongue pad.

Its not ideal, but it works.

10. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

The Rui last is very comfortable for a wide foot. It's wider than the AE 5 last, but I found it fit fairly similar to Andrew Lock's benchgrade captoe. 12US/11UK in all three.

11. Superfluous

Interesting, as I have both AL's captoe and AE 5 last shoes.

12. Superfluous

If you had a slightly narrow foot, would you still size up half a size? Should I ask Meermin?

13. Quadcammer

Quadcammer Senior member

I'd probably go half size up, yes.

14. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Forgot to mention I'm a D width in the AE's. I went TTS for the Rui last, but probably could have sized down 1/2 size.

15. mimo

mimo Senior member

I asked about sizing with Meermin and sent some info. Pepe said they had jack shit that would fit my feet. But he might have been angling for a MTO at the time. Either that or I should wear paper bags over my feet and only go out after dark.

16. upnorth

upnorth Senior member

Does Meermin ship by Fedex or their national courier to USPS? Main concern is duties

17. Superfluous

Go up a half size after converting to UK sizing? You have a wide foot, and I have a narrow foot. Is the half size up for width issues? I thought this was a slightly extended last?
    /?

18. Superfluous

By 1/2 size do you mean 1.5 sizes down from US to UK?

19. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Yes.

20. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

Mine were delivered by UPS, but I'm in Europe, so I don't know which courier they use to ship to the US.