Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

Mine came via FedEx, both times.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012

2. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

BellyHungry and JakeZero: you've both purchased burgundy shell recently. Have you noticed any problems along the lines mentioned by Orgetorix?

3. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

Wonder if DHL is an option.

We get a lot of packages from our China office via DHL.

4. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

My other pair of shell is RL Marlow, the leather behaves the same way as my Meermin, which is similar to what Orgetorix experienced (i.e. the dryness,) but to a much lesser extent. As a shell novice, I just assume that is the characteristics of shell. A little brush after each wear and some some application of whatever wax/cream every now and then, they look fine.

I did note that the finish on the Meermin is not as refined as my Marlow but it is not a deal breaker for me at all.

For high shine, nothing beats my calf-leathered C&J.

My biggest complaint is having to break in the Meermin given the high collar rubbing against my 'lateral lalleolus' on my left foot. :fu:

5. Jakezero

Jakezero Senior member

I am, like bellyhungry, a shell novice. I've got a pair of C&J Skye 2 on their way, and they'll hopefully be with me some time next week, but until then, these NSTs are my only shell shoes. I've only worn my shoes for perhaps 6 hours, and I've got some of what Orgetorix has, but to a much lesser extent.

I've got three creases on my right shoe and one on my left, but my left shoe always seem to fare better than my right. After inserting shoe trees and brushing the shoes briskly it's FAR less noticeable. I'm also going to have to break my Meermins in, as all shoes chafe my right heel which is the reason I mainly buy boots.

While I'm on the subject of Meermin, I have to say that I'm really happy with the shoe trees they provided for my shoes. I've never had lasted shoe trees, and I know that these aren't lasted either, but the trees fit extremely well.

6. MCanavan6

MCanavan6 Well-Known Member

I'm starting a new job soon and need to up my shoe game, I have decided Meermin is my best bet for quality and price (as I am a recent college grad). I'd like to purchase 3 different pairs of shoes and am basically starting a nice shoe collection from scratch (I have black cole hann captoes and a couple J&M/Florsheim slip-ones in black and brown). I'd like something that I can wear with chinos/jeans but also dress up with a suit (I figure oxfords with some broguing is my best bet). After searching through the website I figure these 3 are my best options for versatility (I'd like to stay with their classic line).

Dark Brown Oxford w/ SSemi-Brogue: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2339

Black Wholecuts: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1920

Black Monkstraps: http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=1932

Ideally I'd get Dark Brown Monkstraps but they are not listed on the website. Any advice would be appreciated along with suggestions on what I think I should get.

7. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Senior member

Do you also have the issue where the shoe is not finished around the stitching?

8. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Dark Brown Semi Brogue Oxford would be my choice to START !!!!

9. tomrakewell

tomrakewell Senior member

Arrival of my first Meermins. I'm very impressed, also of the leather quality. Very good fit for me and the leather doesn’t even seem as stiff as others in this thread have reported. Here are a few snapshots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. kev777

kev777 Senior member

Very much like the look of those :slayer: How anybody can remotely criticise these Meermin shoes for the money paid is beyond me !!

11. bellyhungry

bellyhungry Senior member

No, I couldn't see any. With all the brogueing in my LWB, they should be all over the place.

12. MCanavan6

MCanavan6 Well-Known Member

What else would you recommend?

13. wigglr

wigglr Senior member

Bulchers would allow for that flexibility to dress up and dress down, too

14. kev777

kev777 Senior member

These obvioulsy :D [​IMG]

15. poorman

poorman Senior member

Are these MTO or secret unreleased Meermin stock that you ask for with a secret code?