1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Meermin Mallorca Shoes

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by asturiano, Dec 5, 2011.

1. cbfn

cbfn Senior member

Woodlore to be precise.

2. MCanavan6

MCanavan6 Well-Known Member

Any idea how they fit an Olfe or Rui last?

3. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Both the same.

4. CanGren

CanGren Active Member

Can anyone with experience with AE's #8 last help me out? If I'm a 7.5 in AE, what size would I be in Meermi's Olfe and Hiro lasts?

I did email Meermin, but they suggested a size based on the length of my foot, and my high instep forces me to size up. Unfortunately, I have really fat feet.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  5. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

To clarify I like that the JAB trees are not the combination shoe trees, they are the full.

6. Achilles_

Achilles_ Senior member

Unfortunately I have no experience with Meermin (though I hope to soon!)

7. timotune

timotune Senior member

Still stuned by that new group buy MTO! I am counting down the days till delivery ;-)

8. Winston S.

Winston S. Senior member

Also to clarify. Allen Edmonds and JAB shoe trees are made by the same manufacturer, Woodlore.

9. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

I had the same size in both, I just had to stretch the New Rey, width-wise. Remember everyone's experience could be different.

10. MarioImpemba

MarioImpemba Senior member

May 2013. Yeesh. I'll probably forget I even have them on order way before then.

11. OzzyJones

OzzyJones Senior member

Thanks man, Luisa just got back to me with the same info so I won't blame you if they don't fit! :)

12. timotune

timotune Senior member

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  13. timotune

timotune Senior member

Will be a great surprise then ;-)

14. Mr. Six

Mr. Six Senior member

I checked through the thread and just want to confirm: 10.5D on the Barrie last would most likely be a UK10 on Olfe?

10.5D on the Barrie fits pretty well; a touch roomy in the toe box and heel, but the length and comfort are good. Thanks!

15. Karembeu

Karembeu Active Member

I know someone posted a sizing guide in a previous page that Luisa sent and I tried measuring my foot according to that to ask her if her recommended size was still the best fit for me.

I wear 10.5D in AE and 10D in BM pretty comfortably and she recommended that I go with a UK 9.5 for the Classic Collection and a UK 10 for the Linea Maestro. Do those sizes seem about right to you guys? Also, out of curiosity, how come the Linea Maestro requires a half-size increase?

I've ordered the double monks from Meermin in a UK 9.5 and am wondering if I should do a UK 10, based on her recommendations, for the group buy that Terror has set up since that one is being made to the Linea Maestro standards.

Thanks for the input guys!

16. UnnamedPlayer

UnnamedPlayer Senior member

Quick question that is applicable for those who have ordered shoes in the past that were not going to be ready for 6,7,8,etc. weeks,
    does Meermin issue an Invoice to PayPal and you don't pay anything until the shoes are actually ready to be shipped?

With the Styleforum MTO shoes, I am happy to pay the price and happy to wait the time, however I don;t want to actually pay anything until the 20 or so weeks have passed
    and the shoes are ready for shipping.

thanks.

17. gyasih

gyasih Senior member

^^That would be a question for Terrorsquad. The price isn't bad, but you are holding my money for 5 months. Maybe Meermin would do half upfront (non-refundable), like many other shoe makers.

18. Karembeu

Karembeu Active Member

I bought another pair of shoes from Meermin before getting in on this most recent MTO group buy and Meermin's instructions upon checkout for me told me not to pay the PayPal invoice until the shoes are ready to ship. Here is the direct quote that was sent to me in my confirmation:

[FONT=tahoma,arial]Conditions[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=tahoma,arial]At first, all orders are going to be shipped in 30 days, in special cases it will take longer, but we will contact you to inform.[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=tahoma,arial]If there are any units availabile in your size, the order will be shipped before the 30 days.[/FONT]
    3. [FONT=tahoma,arial]Shortly you'll receive an invoice, but you don't need to pay it until we have the pairs ready to ship.We will send you a remembering once the pair is ready to be shipped.[/FONT]
    4. [FONT=tahoma,arial]Once we have sent the order, you'll receive the tracking number, provided by the courier.[/FONT]
    5. [FONT=tahoma,arial]If you have any question related to your order(Sizing, or any other question) ,please contact us before proceeding the order, Contact Us here.[/FONT]

19. Nolvadex

Nolvadex Senior member

Sandro said my shoes would be ready by last Friday, but it has now been a week and I have emailed him multiple times with no reply. What to do?

20. chogall

chogall Senior member

Pepe paypal invoiced me after the details are set, paid 100% up front, and then wait till he sends pictures for updates. And billed by FedEx at the time of delivery for import duty.

AFAIK, almost every MTO/bespoke, from shoes to suits, is either 50% up front or 100% up front.

Wait patiently.