• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

unbelragazzo

Jewfro
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Yep. Several in an hour. Good and informative correspondence. I've placed an MTO order for a double monk in black cordovan on double leather soles.
Pepe's English is great, as is the information in his e-mails and the answers to my questions.

Agreed - he was extremely helpful in making sure I got what I wanted for my order.

RogerC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same experience here. Will send him my order tomorrow (still doubting between a few models). What is the pricing for MTO?

Marx2k

Reaction score
50 EUR on top of the normal price. Normal price is 250 EUR for calf and suede and 290 EUR for cordovan.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
290 Euros for Shell Cordovan shoes?

Insane price.....

Does anyone have a pair in hand (or on foot) to report on?

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We need follow up pictures here, people! 250 EUR is for the Linea Maestro?

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... and don't forget to order the shoe trees. I did last time but will definitely get them this go around.

Marx2k

Reaction score

290 Euros for Shell Cordovan shoes?
Insane price.....
Does anyone have a pair in hand (or on foot) to report on?

Yep. Cordovan is not from Horween, but from some tannery in Argentina. Hard to tell if the quality will be up par, but I will try to find out.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do a pair of adelaide shoes (like these) in black shell with a dainite sole on the Ama last sound?

Naka

Reaction score

How do a pair of adelaide shoes (like these) in black shell with a dainite sole on the Ama last sound?

I think I'd prefer a Wingtip with Cordovan as it draws some attention away from the inevitable beef rolls, whereas a horizontal cap toe might accentuate the waves in the cordovan. I'm a big fan of that adelaide, the detailing on the tongue is something not often seen these days :slayer:

Last edited:

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree that a wingtip is better for shell cordovan, but I need a pair of black cap toes. I also like the shells rolls much better than calfs' creasing, though I have only seen rolls in pictures. I know that a pair of black cap toes is almost as formal as it can be and should be with leather soles, but leather soles and Scandinavian weather isn't always a win-win. And I don't think that shell and cap toes look to bad regarding the picture below. Am I totally wrong?

Naka

Reaction score

I agree that a wingtip is better for shell cordovan, but I need a pair of black cap toes. I also like the shells rolls much better than calfs' creasing, though I have only seen rolls in pictures. I know that a pair of black cap toes is almost as formal as it can be and should be with leather soles, but leather soles and Scandinavian weather isn't always a win-win. And I don't think that shell and cap toes look to bad regarding the picture below. Am I totally wrong?

The rolls aren't too noticeable in that photo I agree. Is the shoe's purpose a business shoe? Or are you just filling a hole in your collection? The punched captoe in black and rubber soles aren't very congruent, I agree, and the model in question also has closed lacing making it very formal. I can't help but think the rubber sole would be better suited to a wingtip as well. In the end it's your decision, and I'm sure you'll be with the result, no matter what you decide on!

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are indeed purposed to be a business shoe. A pair of black calf cap-toes with a leather sole is indeed the most formal, and will eventually also be added to my collection, but now I need a good wearing and quite formal shoe which can take a punch without looking like road kill afterwards. Since almost all other business men here wear shoes like these with their suits, I doubt I'll ever feel underdressed.

Naka

Reaction score

They are indeed purposed to be a business shoe. A pair of black calf cap-toes with a leather sole is indeed the most formal, and will eventually also be added to my collection, but now I need a good wearing and quite formal shoe which can take a punch without looking like road kill afterwards. Since almost all other business men here wear shoes like these with their suits, I doubt I'll ever feel underdressed.

No doubt. Make sure to update with pics if you do go with your preferred configuration, I don't think I've seen a Cordovan Punched Captoe Adelaide before.

cbfn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget the rubber soles. Sounds like the bastard child of Vass and Tricker's.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads